Page 1651 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 6511151155116011641164916501651165216531661170117512151 ... LastLast
Results 16,501 to 16,510 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Thank you, miegiel. Those are the issues that have been confusing me the most. I'm going to try to tackle the weather script on my own. Hopefully I'll start to get the hang of this language.

Is there any solid reading material for beginners that you know of? I'm fluent enough with computers to be able to tackle anything GUI-based. Command line scripting is something I've always wanted to master though.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by chungle View Post
    Thank you, miegiel. Those are the issues that have been confusing me the most. I'm going to try to tackle the weather script on my own. Hopefully I'll start to get the hang of this language.

Is there any solid reading material for beginners that you know of? I'm fluent enough with computers to be able to tackle anything GUI-based. Command line scripting is something I've always wanted to master though.
    I use these 2 pages most
    http://conky.sourceforge.net/config_settings.html (for stuff above the TEXT line)
    http://conky.sourceforge.net/variables.html (for stuff below the TEXT line)

And there's also http://conky-pitstop.wikidot.com/

Beans

i have a question
    instead of just having conky totally transparent
    is there a way to make it look like its on glass
    like a nice glass effect with a border?
    i7 3770 - 8Gb - 750ti 2Gb

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by cain071546 View Post
    i have a question
    instead of just having conky totally transparent
    is there a way to make it look like its on glass
    like a nice glass effect with a border?
    You could make transparent .png image with glass-like reflections and put it in your conky.

To give you an idea of what I mean take a look at the semi-transparent icons I made to make the icons change color with the background color (the grayish icons are semi-transparent).

http://www.miegiel.net/conky/icons

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hi all

I installed conky-colors and run conky generated by conky-colors. It works very well but nVidia temp monitor doesn't work.

Here is nvidia part of conkyrc
    # - NVIDIA - #
    ##############
    ${voffset 4}${font Droid Sans:style=Bold:size=8}NVIDIA $stippled_hr${font}
    ${color0}${voffset -4}${font Poky:size=17}N${font}${color}${goto 32}${voffset -8}GPU Temp:${alignr}${font Droid Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color1} ${exec nvidia-settings -q GPUCoreTemp | grep Attribute | cut -d ' ' -f 6 | cut -c 1-2}${font}${color}°C
    ${goto 32}GPU Clock:${alignr}${font Droid Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color1} ${exec nvidia-settings -q GPU2DClockFreqs -t}${font}${color}MHz
    ${goto 32}Video RAM:${alignr}${font Droid Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color1} ${exec nvidia-settings -q VideoRam -t}${font}${color}KiB
    ${goto 32}Driver Version:${alignr}${font Droid Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color1} ${exec nvidia-settings -q NvidiaDriverVersion -t}${font}${color}
    Everything works except GPUCoreTemp.
    My card is GeForce 6100 nForce 405

How to make GPUTemp monitor works?

Here is the pic http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/a...ection_007.jpg
    Last edited by karmila; March 8th, 2011 at 07:04 AM.

Beans

what's the bargraph_small.lua code that made these bar lines not be segmented in this pic?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    what's the bargraph_small.lua code that made these bar lines not be segmented in this pic?
    ...Your grammar sucks, no offence intended, but I have to say that in order to say the best I can translate your question is... you want to know what the "Bargraph" script is, so that you can have segmented bars instead of solid ones?

Lua is the answer. Conky is able to run scripts, some of them natively, like lua scripts. You have to load the script in your conky and configure the script itself separately.

This is one of those things you shouldn't get into until you're an absolute expert at Conky code. You need to understand where things go and why before you can get into external scripts. Basically, you have to wade into the shallow end before diving into the deep stuff. Work up to it, don't just drown yourself in it. This one is personal experience Arminius. Please, heed the warning and just work on your Conky configuration for now. Experiment on your own for a while until you're comfortable not needing to ask for help on Conky before attempting to add lua scripts. Python scripts are easy in comparison when dealing with Conky. Someone else writes them for a purpose, it gets installed in your system, often by PPA/Repository, and you just make calls to it. Lua is another animal. You're not ready. Trust me on this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    That's mrpeachy's recent knock-off (conceptually) of wlourf's Bargraph Widget v2.0.

I was playing around with it, trying to kill the mem leak(s) when I took that snappy.

mrpeachy has redone his Lua script, since then, but I haven't had a chance to meld it into my hack of mrpeachy's non-segmented bargraph.

OMG! What a web we weave!?!?!?!

I'm going to publish an update of my entire script set here, shortly. Haven't done one in a while...

I'm unifying my .conkyrc, so it runs under:

• Conky 1.8.0 & 1.8.1
    • conkyForecast 2.16 & 2.17
    • Rythmbox & Banshee Players
    • Ubuntu 10.10 'Maverick' & 11.04 'Natty'

...all in one script, by uncommenting a couple of lines, here n' there.

It's already done and tested, but I can't drag myself away from Farmville & Cafe World (on Facebook),

Worst habit I ever had - Facebook, not Conky... LoL!

I'm in Natty right now. Here's how it looks (still using segmented bargraphs)...

(Click to expand)

Same old skool look n' feel, but updated to keep up with the latest core releases...
    Last edited by VinDSL; March 8th, 2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: clarification
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans

so where can I find mrpeachy' s lua code?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by proxess View Post
    Can you make only her clothing transparent?
    Unfortunately I am as proficient with GIMP as I am with C++
    So my spirit is really down right now...
    Linux Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12.10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Lenovo T61, Intel X3100, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
    Linux user No.: 483055 | My Conky Pitstop corner | One4All project

Page 1651 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 6511151155116011641164916501651165216531661170117512151 ... LastLast