Page 163 of 2325 FirstFirst ... 631131531611621631641651732132636631163 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 23245

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

  1. #1621
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Salpiche View Post
    Have you tried on the conky side?
    i/e
    Code:
    ${color EADDD4}${font DejaVu Sans Mono :size=9}${execi 1800 /home/pichin/.weather/weather.sh}${font}
    or are you talking general? like weather on green then out put on blue
    My first weather conky went across the bottom of my screen, I wanted to put it in my main conky down the side of the screen.
    That's when I really started playing with the weather stuff.

    As to the colour, there is no way to get different colours, or fonts, within the output of weather.sh/sxlt. It has to be all one colour (EADDD4) or one font and size (DejaVu Sans Mono :size=9) as per your example.

  2. #1622
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Beans
    196

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Ok here is MY progress so far. I'm feeling a 3rd generation coming on though now that I'm getting the hang of this a little as I like the graphic bars in first generation. Will have to try a blend of the two maybe. Take a look Bruce
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Our biggest problem is always the one we are experiencing at the moment.

  3. #1623
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by aonegodman View Post
    Ok here is MY progress so far. I'm feeling a 3rd generation coming on though now that I'm getting the hang of this a little as I like the graphic bars in first generation. Will have to try a blend of the two maybe. Take a look Bruce
    Hey! That looks vaguely familiar. I wonder why?
    Looks good, soon it will be fully personalized.

    Now as I said earlier, have a look at this post. I'm learning on the hoof so to speak

  4. #1624
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cyprus
    Beans
    64
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    No, I get it, it's nice to have the core of the application being so customizable, but why not give someone a starting point? Say I want "this feature" and "that feature", instead of going around in hundreds of posts, I start with a basic core of only what I want AND have the ability to customize it. If I could get the "modules", I'd ofcourse customize them, but I would need a starting point first, you know, a "proof of concept" that this application actually does have the ability to function as I'd like it to. Maybe instead of a utility, a site where scripts are modullary posted? Maybe in gnome-look.org? So instead of downloading a single script, I'd download pieces of the script and then saw them together as I like, and customize them. That way, you get best of both worlds!

  5. #1625
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by zeusalmighty View Post
    No, I get it, it's nice to have the core of the application being so customizable, but why not give someone a starting point? Say I want "this feature" and "that feature", instead of going around in hundreds of posts, I start with a basic core of only what I want AND have the ability to customize it. If I could get the "modules", I'd ofcourse customize them, but I would need a starting point first, you know, a "proof of concept" that this application actually does have the ability to function as I'd like it to. Maybe instead of a utility, a site where scripts are modullary posted? Maybe in gnome-look.org? So instead of downloading a single script, I'd download pieces of the script and then saw them together as I like, and customize them. That way, you get best of both worlds!
    Basically that's what this whole thread is about, grabbing scripts and sawing them apart and sewing them together. I like that concept, thanks.

    The starting point is simple, go to Synaptic and download Conky, it will install with a default script to start with and if you want weather make sure you have curl too.

  6. #1626
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cyprus
    Beans
    64
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    I get it, I get it. I guess I'll put a bit more time to it when I actually can...

  7. #1627
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Torrington, Wyoming
    Beans
    372
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    I started out by taking someones in the thread and playing with it in my spare time.
    すべてと、そして、すべてへのリナックスは自由を鳴らせました。
    Linux to all, and to all, let freedom ring.

  8. #1628
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostincyberspace View Post
    I started out by taking someones in the thread and playing with it in my spare time.
    Yup, me too. Been at it for only a month now.
    I have 7 conky files one called: conkytest ... they all do various things, most related to different weather formats. had a nice 3 month calendar for last month, this month and next month too, still have it rem-ed out in most of my conky files.

    And I do believe that within the next hour, my conkymain will change yet again, and I'll be dropping my second conky: conkyw5 (weather 5 day forecast).

    Now if I can only get conky to do the dishes I'd be happy.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeusalmighty View Post
    I get it, I get it. I guess I'll put a bit more time to it when I actually can...
    We'll be here to help you when you are ready!

  9. #1629
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Beans
    196

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Man I got sidetracked by Bruce sending me to Conky Weather Revisited V2.

    Whew! I guess I'm becoming a "conky junkie"

    Here's my current desktop with graphic weather icon display - currently.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Our biggest problem is always the one we are experiencing at the moment.

  10. #1630
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by aonegodman View Post
    Man I got sidetracked by Bruce sending me to Conky Weather Revisited V2.

    Whew! I guess I'm becoming a "conky junkie"

    Here's my current desktop with graphic weather icon display - currently.
    Yup, mine too...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 163 of 2325 FirstFirst ... 631131531611621631641651732132636631163 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •