Page 163 of 2325 FirstFirst ... 631131531611621631641651732132636631163 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 23245

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Salpiche View Post
    Have you tried on the conky side?
    i/e
    Code:
    ${color EADDD4}${font DejaVu Sans Mono :size=9}${execi 1800 /home/pichin/.weather/weather.sh}${font}
    or are you talking general? like weather on green then out put on blue
    My first weather conky went across the bottom of my screen, I wanted to put it in my main conky down the side of the screen.
    That's when I really started playing with the weather stuff.

As to the colour, there is no way to get different colours, or fonts, within the output of weather.sh/sxlt. It has to be all one colour (EADDD4) or one font and size (DejaVu Sans Mono :size=9) as per your example.

Beans

Ok here is MY progress so far. I'm feeling a 3rd generation coming on though now that I'm getting the hang of this a little as I like the graphic bars in first generation. Will have to try a blend of the two maybe. Take a look Bruce
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Our biggest problem is always the one we are experiencing at the moment.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by aonegodman View Post
    Ok here is MY progress so far. I'm feeling a 3rd generation coming on though now that I'm getting the hang of this a little as I like the graphic bars in first generation. Will have to try a blend of the two maybe. Take a look Bruce
    Hey! That looks vaguely familiar. I wonder why?
    Looks good, soon it will be fully personalized.

Now as I said earlier, have a look at this post. I'm learning on the hoof so to speak

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

No, I get it, it's nice to have the core of the application being so customizable, but why not give someone a starting point? Say I want "this feature" and "that feature", instead of going around in hundreds of posts, I start with a basic core of only what I want AND have the ability to customize it. If I could get the "modules", I'd ofcourse customize them, but I would need a starting point first, you know, a "proof of concept" that this application actually does have the ability to function as I'd like it to. Maybe instead of a utility, a site where scripts are modullary posted? Maybe in gnome-look.org? So instead of downloading a single script, I'd download pieces of the script and then saw them together as I like, and customize them. That way, you get best of both worlds!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by zeusalmighty View Post
    No, I get it, it's nice to have the core of the application being so customizable, but why not give someone a starting point? Say I want "this feature" and "that feature", instead of going around in hundreds of posts, I start with a basic core of only what I want AND have the ability to customize it. If I could get the "modules", I'd ofcourse customize them, but I would need a starting point first, you know, a "proof of concept" that this application actually does have the ability to function as I'd like it to. Maybe instead of a utility, a site where scripts are modullary posted? Maybe in gnome-look.org? So instead of downloading a single script, I'd download pieces of the script and then saw them together as I like, and customize them. That way, you get best of both worlds!
    Basically that's what this whole thread is about, grabbing scripts and sawing them apart and sewing them together. I like that concept, thanks.

The starting point is simple, go to Synaptic and download Conky, it will install with a default script to start with and if you want weather make sure you have curl too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I get it, I get it. I guess I'll put a bit more time to it when I actually can...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I started out by taking someones in the thread and playing with it in my spare time.
    すべてと、そして、すべてへのリナックスは自由を鳴らせました。
    Linux to all, and to all, let freedom ring.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostincyberspace View Post
    I started out by taking someones in the thread and playing with it in my spare time.
    Yup, me too. Been at it for only a month now.
    I have 7 conky files one called: conkytest ... they all do various things, most related to different weather formats. had a nice 3 month calendar for last month, this month and next month too, still have it rem-ed out in most of my conky files.

And I do believe that within the next hour, my conkymain will change yet again, and I'll be dropping my second conky: conkyw5 (weather 5 day forecast).

Now if I can only get conky to do the dishes I'd be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by zeusalmighty View Post
    I get it, I get it. I guess I'll put a bit more time to it when I actually can...
    We'll be here to help you when you are ready!

Beans

Man I got sidetracked by Bruce sending me to Conky Weather Revisited V2.

Whew! I guess I'm becoming a "conky junkie"

Here's my current desktop with graphic weather icon display - currently.
    Our biggest problem is always the one we are experiencing at the moment.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by aonegodman View Post
    Man I got sidetracked by Bruce sending me to Conky Weather Revisited V2.

Whew! I guess I'm becoming a "conky junkie"

Here's my current desktop with graphic weather icon display - currently.
    Yup, mine too...

Page 163 of 2325 FirstFirst ... 631131531611621631641651732132636631163 ... LastLast