Page 1580 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 5801080148015301570157815791580158115821590163016802080 ... LastLast
Results 15,791 to 15,800 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by El_Belgicano View Post
    Hi all,

My conky's: mpd (obvious), mini (topleft corner), mini2 (topright corner), system (bottom), weather (obvious) and in the top middle: episodes checks available links for series/programs I watch.

All available upon request.

Showing off special features? Naah, only pretty basic stuff...

I'm working on filling the bottom a bit more (with a bit more fancy stuff this time) but I'm having problems (LINK) any python master willing to take a look? thanks in advance.
    What is the top panel? can you share you config?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
    can someone help me get one of these? i can't find the file in the home folder. i heard there was a sample somewhere in the filesystem from the first page of post but can't find it
    There isn't one in the home folder by default, you have to create one. Find something you like on here, it shouldn't be that hard to find one you like. After all there is 1500+ pages to chooses from.

Open up a text editor, paste the code, and save as .conkyrc (don't forget the dot). Then in a terminal type
    Code:
    conky
    and voila. Your very own conky.

Time to sit back and enjoy.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by akernan View Post
    I have a problem running a script in conky, the script runs & displays but I get this error 'sh: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string'. I can't see the cause of the error, can anyone help? Here is the script.
    if you havnt figured it out already... i think the problem is with the default vnstat output...

for year is does '11 ... ans quote marks are always a pain to deal with

best way if to edit the vnstat.conf file and change how it displays the year
    it should be in /etc

this is how my section looks

Code:
    # date output formats for -d, -m, -t and -w
    # see 'man date' for control codes
    DayFormat    "%x"
    MonthFormat  "%b%Y"
    TopFormat    "%x"
    so my monthly data is preceeded by Jan2011

Beans

hello guys, i have this bash script and i was wondering if it would be possible to implement this into my conky, i am all new with this coding so could someone point me in the right direction?

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

# Replace openvpn with the name of your script
    # from /etc/init.d/
    INITSCRIPT="openvpn"
    gksudo /etc/init.d/$INITSCRIPT status
    if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
        echo Stopping $INITSCRIPT..
        sudo /etc/init.d/$INITSCRIPT stop
        notify-send "$INITSCRIPT stopped"
    else
        echo Starting $INITSCRIPT..
        sudo /etc/init.d/$INITSCRIPT start
        notify-send "$INITSCRIPT started"
    fi;
    I would like to have an indication in the conky when the vpn is stopped...how would i do this?
    Oh and does someone have an example of a vertical calendar for conky?
    Last edited by blegblath; January 10th, 2011 at 12:23 AM.

Beans

@mrpeachy. The VNSTAT ring script is comical. I'm over my monthly limit a couple days early, and I noticed something. Your script doesn't break when you exceed your monthly limit. It draws the ring bigger than the limits you set. It literally shows you how much you're over. Just thought I'd share that with ya. It's kinda cool if you think about it!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    @mrpeachy. The VNSTAT ring script is comical. I'm over my monthly limit a couple days early, and I noticed something. Your script doesn't break when you exceed your monthly limit. It draws the ring bigger than the limits you set. It literally shows you how much you're over. Just thought I'd share that with ya. It's kinda cool if you think about it!
    indeed...

as in the script you are dividing the usage by 25, *100 to get the percentage, so if usage is greater than 25gb then you get a over 100%... so the ring will just keep going.

you could put in

if usage >= 25 then usage=25 end
    you could put other stuff in the if to change the color of the ring, or display a "Monthly Limit Exceeded"

although how can you go over 25 if there is a limit in the first place? or is it more a case of fines and such?
    you could have the script calculate how much you owe
    Last edited by mrpeachy; January 10th, 2011 at 02:31 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    indeed...

as in the script you are dividing the usage by 25, *100 to get the percentage, so if usage is greater than 25gb then you get a over 100%... so the ring will just keep going.

you could put in

if usage >= 25 then usage=25 end
    you could put other stuff in the if to change the color of the ring, or display a "Monthly Limit Exceeded"

although how can you go over 25 if there is a limit in the first place? or is it more a case of fines and such?
    you could have the script calculate how much you owe
    It's actually, in my case, if you go over you pay more per GB. Would be nice to change the colour based on how much it went over, or perhaps draw a small line at the end of the defined area so you can physically see it go over. But, honestly? I like it this way. I might tweak the transparency to achieve this, I don't know. I do know it's pretty sweet the way it shows a near complete circle because of the numbers. (For $2.50 overage per GB, it's not a huge deal.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

is there a way to do a yearly vnstat total of up and down.
    I'm a super power user

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I cannot believe that this thread is still going! Time for me to jump back in conk-ify my Ubuntu install running on my CR-48 I suppose.

~~Runs off to steal some of Bruce's conky scripts
    hippyrandall.com | This is the first age that's paid much attention to the future, which is alittle ironic since we may not have one. -- Arthur Clarke

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by HippyRandall View Post
    I cannot believe that this thread is still going! Time for me to jump back in conk-ify my Ubuntu install running on my CR-48 I suppose.

~~Runs off to steal some of Bruce's conky scripts
    ohhhh i wish I had gotten one of those cr-48's they looked cool. Hows it workin so far
    I'm a super power user

Page 1580 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 5801080148015301570157815791580158115821590163016802080 ... LastLast