Page 1574 of 2343 FirstFirst ... 5741074147415241564157215731574157515761584162416742074 ... LastLast
Results 15,731 to 15,740 of 23425

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

  1. #15731
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Beans
    2,983
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by foutes View Post
    Man you folks have got me hooked...
    LoL!

    You gave me an idea...

    I constantly have RhythBox running in the background, so I might as well add it.

    Actually, I only use Rhythmbox as an Internet Radio. All I need is the Radio Station ID.

    • Tweaked your Rhythmbox code (using rhythmbox-client now).
    • Added the Radio Station ID to the bottom of Conky (only when running).
    • Added an algo to truncate 'Top Processes', to make room for RhythmBox Section.
    • Added scrolling algo to RhythmBox Section. Scrolls if the Title is >= 45 characters.



    (Click to expand)


    ~/home/username/.conkyrc
    Code:
    ##################################
    ## VinDSL | rev. 11-01-07 15:10 ##
    ##################################
    
    ####
    ## Use XFT? Required to Force UTF8 (see below).
    #
    use_xft yes
    xftfont LiberationSans:size=8.85
    xftalpha 0.7
    text_buffer_size 2048
    
    ####
    ## Force UTF8? Requires XFT (see above).
    ## Displays degree symbol, instead of °, etc.
    #
    override_utf8_locale yes
    
    ####
    ## Update interval in seconds.
    #
    update_interval 1.5
    
    ####
    ## This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
    ## Set to zero to run forever.
    #
    total_run_times 0
    
    ####
    ## Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)?
    #
    own_window yes
    own_window_colour eeeeee
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes
    
    ####
    ## Use double buffering? Reduces flicker.
    #
    double_buffer yes
    
    ####
    ## Draw shades?
    #
    draw_shades no
    
    ####
    ## Draw outlines?
    #
    draw_outline no
    
    ####
    ## Draw borders around text?
    #
    draw_borders no
    
    ####
    ## Draw borders around graphs?
    #
    draw_graph_borders no
    
    ####
    ## Print text to stdout?
    ## Print text in console?
    #
    out_to_ncurses no
    out_to_console no
    
    ####
    ## Text alignment.
    #
    alignment top_right
    
    ####
    ## Minimum size of text area.
    #
    minimum_size 238 0
    
    ####
    ## Gap between text and screen borders.
    #
    gap_x 8
    gap_y 33
    
    ####
    ## Shorten MiB/GiB to M/G in stats.
    #
    short_units yes
    
    ####
    ## Pad % symbol spacing after numbers.
    #
    pad_percents 0
    
    ####
    ## Pad spacing between text and borders.
    #
    border_inner_margin 4
    
    ####
    ## Limit the length of names in "Top Processes".
    #
    top_name_width 10
    
    ####
    ## Subtract file system -/+buffers/cache from used memory?
    ## Set to yes, to produce meaningful physical memory stats.
    #
    no_buffers yes
    
    ####
    ## Set to yes, if you want all text to be in UPPERCASE.
    #
    uppercase no
    
    ####
    ## Number of cpu samples to average.
    ## Set to 1 to disable averaging.
    #
    cpu_avg_samples 2
    
    ####
    ## Number of net samples to average.
    ## Set to 1 to disable averaging.
    #
    net_avg_samples 2
    
    ####
    ## Add spaces to keep things from moving around?
    ## Only affects certain objects.
    #
    use_spacer right
    
    ####
    ## My colors (suit yourself).
    #
    color0 White
    color1 Ivory
    color2 Ivory2
    color3 Ivory3
    color4 Tan1
    color5 Tan2
    color6 Gray
    color7 AntiqueWhite4
    color8 DarkSlateGray
    color9 Black
    
    ####
    ## Load Lua for shading (optional).
    ## Set the path to your script here.
    #
    lua_load ~/.conky/draw_bg.lua
    lua_draw_hook_pre draw_bg
    
    ####
    ## Installed fonts (required).
    #
    # ConkyWeather (Stanko Metodiev)
    # ConkyWindNESW (Stanko Metodiev)
    # Cut Outs for 3D FX (Fonts & Things)
    # Liberation Mono (Ascender Corp)
    # Liberation Sans (Ascender Corp)
    # Moon Phases (Curtis Clark)
    # OpenLogos (Icoma)
    # PizzaDude Bullets (Jakob Fischer)
    # Radio Space (Iconian Fonts)
    # StyleBats (Vinterstille)
    # Ubuntu (Canonical Ltd)
    # Ubuntu Title Bold (Paulo Silva)
    # Weather (Jonathan Macagba)
    # WenQuanYi Micro Hei (Google Corp)
    
    TEXT
    ##################
    ##     LOGO     ##
    ##################
    ${voffset -33}${font OpenLogos:size=103}${color2}v${font}${voffset -76}${goto 178}${font UbuntuTitleBold:size=20}${color4}10.10${font}
    ##################
    ##    SYSTEM    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 20}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}SYSTEM${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font OpenLogos:size=10}${color2}u${voffset -4}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${sysname}${offset 5}${kernel}${alignr}${machine}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}A${voffset -1}${font}${color6}${offset 5}Intel${offset 3}P4${offset 3}Extreme${offset 3}Edition${alignr}${freq_g cpu0}${offset 1}GHz
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}q${voffset -1}${font}${color6}${offset 5}Uptime${alignr}${uptime}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}o${voffset -1}${font}${color6}${offset 5}File${offset 3}System${alignr}${fs_type}
    ##################
    ##  PROCESSORS  ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}PROCESSORS${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 2}CPU1${offset 5}${cpu cpu1}%${color7}${alignr 2}${cpubar 4,153 cpu1}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 2}CPU2${offset 5}${cpu cpu2}%${color7}${alignr 2}${cpubar 4,153 cpu2}
    ##################
    ##    MEMORY    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}MEMORY${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}l${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 3}RAM${goto 97}${mem}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${memmax}${alignr}${memperc}%
    ${color7}${alignr 2}${membar 4,230}
    ##################
    ##     HDD      ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 2}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}HDD${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 4}ROOT${goto 95}${fs_used /}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /}%
    ${color7}${alignr 2}${fs_bar 4,230 /}
    ${voffset 1}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 4}HOME${goto 95}${fs_used /home}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /home}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /home}%
    ${color7}${alignr 2}${fs_bar 4,230 /home}
    ${voffset 1}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}4${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 4}SWAP${goto 95}${swap}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${swapmax}${alignr}${swapperc}%
    ${color7}${alignr 2}${swapbar 4,230}
    ##################
    # TOP PROCESSES ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 3}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}TOP PROCESSES${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 1}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 1}${alignr}${top_mem mem 1}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 2}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 2}${alignr}${top_mem mem 2}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 3}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 3}${alignr}${top_mem mem 3}%
    ${if_running rhythmbox}${voffset -14}${else}${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 4}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 4}${alignr}${top_mem mem 4}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 5}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 5}${alignr}${top_mem mem 5}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 6}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 6}${alignr}${top_mem mem 6}%${endif}
    ##################
    ##   NETWORK    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}NETWORK${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color6}a${font}${color6}${offset 5}Private${offset 3}IP${alignr}${addr eth0}
    ${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color6}a${font}${color6}${offset 5}Public${offset 7}IP${alignr}${execi 1800 wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/[^[:digit:]\|.]//g'}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color6}T${font}${color6}${offset 5}Down${alignr}${downspeed eth0}
    ${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color6}N${font}${color6}${offset 5}Up${alignr}${upspeed eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color6}T${font}${color6}${offset 5}Downloaded${alignr}${totaldown eth0}
    ${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color6}N${font}${color6}${offset 5}Uploaded${alignr}${totalup eth0}
    ##################
    ##   WEATHER    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}WEATHER${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${goto 59}${font Weather:size=38}${color2}y${font}${voffset -33}${offset 14}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast --imperial --location=USAZ0082}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font Ubuntu:size=24}${color4}${alignc}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=CT}${font}
    ${voffset 15}${goto 20}${font ConkyWindNESW:style=Bold:size=38}${color2}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=BS}${font}${voffset -40}${goto 95}${font ConkyWeather:style=Bold:size=45}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=WF}${font}${voffset -36}${goto 185}${font MoonPhases:size=30}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=MF}${font}
    ${voffset 6}${goto 28}${font}${color6}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=WS | sed -e 's/calm'/'\$\{offset 2}Calm/g' -e 's/mph'/'\$\{offset 2}mph/g'}${goto 89}Feels like ${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=LT --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=MP | sed -e 's/First.*'/'\$\{goto 185}First Qtr/g' -e 's/Last.*'/'\$\{goto 185}Last Qtr/g' -e 's/New.*'/'\$\{goto 190}New/g' -e 's/Full.*'/'\$\{goto 194}Full/g' -e 's/Waning.*'/'\$\{goto 185}Waning/g' -e 's/Waxing.*'/'\$\{goto 185}Waxing/g'}
    ${voffset 10}${goto 35}${font}${color6}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=DW --startday=1 --shortweekday}${goto 89}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=DW --startday=2 --shortweekday}${goto 142}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=DW --startday=3 --shortweekday}${goto 196}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=DW --startday=4 --shortweekday}
    ${voffset 0}${goto 25}${font ConkyWeather:size=32}${color2}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=WF --startday=1 --endday=4 --spaces=1}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${goto 25}${font}${color6}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${offset 4}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${goto 79}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${offset 4}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${goto 133}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${offset 4}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${goto 187}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${offset 4}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}
    ##################
    ##     TIME     ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}TIME${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 3}${if_match ${time %l}<=9}${voffset -4}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${alignc 7}${time %l:%M%p}${font}${else}${if_match ${time %l}>=10}${voffset -4}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${alignc -1}${time %l:%M%p}${font}${endif}${endif}
    ${voffset 0}${font LiberationSans:size=8}${color4}${alignc 2}Sunrise${offset 1}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=SR --startday=1}${color3}${offset 2}|${offset 2}${color4}Sunset${offset 1}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=SS --startday=1}${font}
    ##################
    ##   CALENDAR   ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}DATE${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 18}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color3}${alignc 60}${time %A}${font}
    ${voffset -3}${if_match ${time %e}<=9}${font LiberationMono:size=22}${color4}${alignc 70}${time %e}${font}${else}${if_match ${time %e}>=10}${font LiberationMono:size=22}${color4}${alignc 60}${time %e}${font}${endif}${endif}
    ${voffset -1}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color3}${alignc 60}${time %B}${font}
    ${voffset -3}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color3}${alignc 60}${time %Y}${font}
    ${voffset -82}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color3}${execpi 60 VinDSL_Cal_5=`date +%-d`; cal | sed '1d' | sed s/^/"\$\{offset 97"\}/ | sed '/^ *$/d' | sed 's/\<'"$VinDSL_Cal_5"'\>/${color4}&${color3}/'}${font}
    ${voffset -91}${font CutOutsFor3DFX:size=64}${color8}${alignc 97}2${font}
    ##################
    ##  RHYTHMBOX   ##
    ##################
    ${if_running rhythmbox}${voffset 24}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.70}${color4}Now Playing${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 10}${font LiberationSans:size=8}${color3}${alignc}${if_match "${execpi 1 expr length "`/usr/bin/rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format %tt | head -n 1`"}" >= "45"}${scroll 40 5 ${exec rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format %tt --no-start}}${else}${exec rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format %tt --no-start}${font}${endif}${endif}

    ~/home/username/draw_bg.lua
    Code:
    --[[
    Background by londonali1010 (2009)
    VinDSL Background Hack (2010)
    
    This script draws a background to the Conky window. It covers the whole of the Conky window, but you can specify rounded corners, if you wish.
    
    To call this script in Conky, use (assuming you have saved this script to ~/scripts/):
    	lua_load ~/scripts/draw_bg.lua
    	lua_draw_hook_pre draw_bg
    
    Changelog:
    + v2.4	VinDSL Hack (12.31.2010) Added shading example(s).
    + v2.3	VinDSL Hack (12.30.2010) Cleaned up the code a bit.
    + v2.2	VinDSL Hack (12.24.2010) Added cairo destroy function(s).
    + v2.1	VinDSL Hack (12.21.2010) Added height adjustment variable.
    + v1.0	Original release (07.10.2009)
    --]]
    
    -- Change these settings to affect your background:
    
    -- "corner_r" is the radius, in pixels, of the rounded corners. If you don't want rounded corners, use 0.
    	corner_r = 50
    
    -- Set the colour and transparency (alpha) of your background (0.00 - 0.99).
    
    --	(Light Shading Example)
    --	bg_colour = 0x4d4d4d
    --	bg_alpha = 0.50
    
    --	(Dark Shading Example)
    --	bg_colour = 0x000000
    --	bg_alpha = 0.50
    
    	bg_colour = 0x000000
    	bg_alpha = 0.65
    
    -- Tweaks the height of your background, in pixels. If you don't need to adjust the height, use 0.
    
    --	(Default Setting)
    --	vindsl_hack_height = 0
    
    	vindsl_hack_height = -235
    
    require 'cairo'
    cs, cr = nil
    function rgb_to_r_g_b(colour,alpha)
    	return ((colour / 0x10000) % 0x100) / 255., ((colour / 0x100) % 0x100) / 255., (colour % 0x100) / 255., alpha
    end
    
    function conky_draw_bg()
    	if conky_window == nil then return end
    	if cs == nil then cairo_destroy(cs) end
    	if cr == nil then cairo_destroy(cr) end
    	local w = conky_window.width
    	local h = conky_window.height
    	local v = vindsl_hack_height
    	local cs = cairo_xlib_surface_create(conky_window.display, conky_window.drawable, conky_window.visual, conky_window.width, conky_window.height)
    	local cr = cairo_create(cs)
    	
    	cairo_move_to(cr,corner_r,0)
    	cairo_line_to(cr,w-corner_r,0)
    	cairo_curve_to(cr,w,0,w,0,w,corner_r)
    	cairo_line_to(cr,w,h+v-corner_r)
    	cairo_curve_to(cr,w,h+v,w,h+v,w-corner_r,h+v)
    	cairo_line_to(cr,corner_r,h+v)
    	cairo_curve_to(cr,0,h+v,0,h+v,0,h+v-corner_r)
    	cairo_line_to(cr,0,corner_r)
    	cairo_curve_to(cr,0,0,0,0,corner_r,0)
    	cairo_close_path(cr)
    
    	cairo_set_source_rgba(cr,rgb_to_r_g_b(bg_colour,bg_alpha))
    	cairo_fill(cr)
    
    	cairo_destroy(cr)
    end

    ~/home/username/.conkyForecast.config
    Code:
    # config settings for conkyForecast.py
    CACHE_FOLDERPATH = /tmp/
    CONNECTION_TIMEOUT = 5
    EXPIRY_MINUTES = 30
    TIME_FORMAT = %l:%M%p
    DATE_FORMAT = %d %b %Y
    LOCALE = en
    XOAP_PARTNER_ID = blah
    XOAP_LICENCE_KEY = blah
    MAXIMUM_DAYS_FORECAST = 4
    BASE_XOAP_URL = blah blah blah

    ~/home/username/.config/autostart/conky-start-delayed.sh
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    sleep 30 && DISPLAY=:0.0 conky;
    Last edited by VinDSL; January 7th, 2011 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Tweaked code...
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

  2. #15732
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Under a rock
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by djyoung4 View Post
    Thank you kind sir
    you are welcome, although there are still some kinks to work out
    so when i get those done i'll update...

    for some reason at 17 seconds, the seconds indicator displays minutes... everything else displays correctly... only 17 seconds is messed up... trying to track down the problem is proving tricky

  3. #15733
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    anyone interested in my mayan circles calendar/clock


    here is some better code for it
    YES! And it still works with the "masks" too ... I can hardly wait for my birth month.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #15734
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    you are welcome, although there are still some kinks to work out
    so when i get those done i'll update...

    for some reason at 17 seconds, the seconds indicator displays minutes... everything else displays correctly... only 17 seconds is messed up... trying to track down the problem is proving tricky
    AHA!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the old Mayan time warp trick!!!!!

  5. #15735
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    That depends on what's running in your script. Would you mind posting it with a screenshot so we can see it better? And, while you're at it, what happens when you kill a running process or start one? Just, no change in the number at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by ddnev45 View Post
    Take a look at post 15093.

    If that doesn't work, post your .conkyrc.
    Unfortunately my laptop crashed this morning, a hardware issue that it has been suffering for a couple years now. So I could not test to see if killing any processes would change anything.

    But here is my .conkyrc file:

    Code:
    # Use Xft?
    use_xft yes
    xftfont OFL Sorts Mill Goudy:size=8
    xftalpha 0.8
    text_buffer_size 2048
    
    # Update interval in seconds
    update_interval 1
    
    # This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
    # Set to zero to run forever.
    total_run_times 0
    
    # Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
    own_window yes
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_class conky
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    background no
    
    # Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
    double_buffer yes
    
    # Minimum size of text area
    minimum_size 180 0
    #maximum_width 200
    
    # Draw shades?
    draw_shades no
    
    # Draw outlines?
    draw_outline no
    
    # Draw borders around text
    draw_borders no
    
    # Stippled borders?
    stippled_borders 0
    
    # border margins
    border_inner_margin 5
    
    # border width
    border_width 1
    
    # Default colors and also border colors
    default_color white
    default_shade_color white
    default_outline_color white
    own_window_colour white
    color1 white
    
    # Text alignment, other possible values are commented
    #alignment top_left
    alignment top_right
    #alignment bottom_left
    #alignment bottom_right
    
    # Gap between borders of screen and text
    # same thing as passing -x at command line
    gap_x 8
    gap_y 8
    
    # Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
    no_buffers yes
    
    # set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
    uppercase no
    
    # number of cpu samples to average
    # set to 1 to disable averaging
    cpu_avg_samples 2
    
    # number of net samples to average
    # set to 1 to disable averaging
    net_avg_samples 2
    
    # Force UTF8? note that UTF8 support required XFT
    override_utf8_locale yes
    
    # Add spaces to keep things from moving about? This only affects certain objects.
    use_spacer none
    
    TEXT
    
    
    ${font Goudy Bookletter 1911:style=Bold}SYSTEM${font} ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}Kernel: ${alignr}${kernel}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}CPU1: ${cpu cpu1}% ${alignr}${cpubar cpu1 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}CPU2: ${cpu cpu2}% ${alignr}${cpubar cpu2 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}RAM: $memperc% ${alignr}${membar 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}Swap: $swapperc% ${alignr}${swapbar 8,60}
    #${font Webdings:size=16}${font}Battery: ${battery_percent BAT0}% ${alignr}${battery_bar 8,60 BAT0}
    #${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}Temperature: ${alignr}${acpitemp}C
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}Uptime: ${alignr}${uptime}
    #${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}System Update: ${color2} $color${execi 18000 update-manager "~U" | wc -l | tail}
    
    #TIME
    ${voffset -10}${alignc 36}${color2}${font Droid Sans:style=Bold:size=15}${time %r}${font}${color}
    ${voffset 6}${alignc}${time %B %d %Y}${voffset -6}
    
    #HDD Info
    ${font Goudy Bookletter 1911:style=Bold}HD${font} ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 4}${font Pie charts for maps:size=14}${font} ${voffset -5}Root:
    ${voffset 4}${fs_used /}/${fs_size /} ${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /}
    ${font Pie charts for maps:size=14}${font} ${voffset -5}Home:
    ${voffset 4}${fs_used /home}/${fs_size /home} ${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /home}
    
    #Processes Information
    ${font Goudy Bookletter 1911:style=Bold}TOP 5${font} ${hr 2}
    Process $alignr PID CPU
    ${top name 1} $alignr ${top pid 1} ${top cpu 1}
    ${top name 2} $alignr ${top pid 2} ${top cpu 2}
    ${top name 3} $alignr ${top pid 3} ${top cpu 3}
    ${top name 4} $alignr ${top pid 4} ${top cpu 4}
    ${top name 5} $alignr ${top pid 5} ${top cpu 5}
    #${top name 6} $alignr ${top pid 6} ${top cpu 6}
    #${top name 7} $alignr ${top pid 7} ${top cpu 7}
    #${top name 8} $alignr ${top pid 8} ${top cpu 8}
    #${top name 9} $alignr ${top pid 9} ${top cpu 9}
    #${top name 10} $alignr ${top pid 10} ${top cpu 10}
    
    #Internet connection Information
    ${font Goudy Bookletter 1911:style=Bold}NETWORK${font} ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}${font}Up speed: ${upspeed eth0} ${alignr}${upspeedgraph wlan0 8,60 000000 000000}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}${font}Down speed: ${downspeed eth0} ${alignr}${downspeedgraph wlan0 8,60 000000 000000}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}${font}Upload: ${alignr}${totalup eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}${font}Download: ${alignr}${totaldown eth0}
    #${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}${font}Signal: ${wireless_link_qual eth0}% ${alignr}${wireless_link_bar 8,60 eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}${font}Local IP: ${alignr}${addr eth0}
    Recommended Resources: Ubuntu Linux Resources

  6. #15736
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Beans
    195

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by PartisanEntity View Post
    Unfortunately my laptop crashed this morning, a hardware issue that it has been suffering for a couple years now. So I could not test to see if killing any processes would change anything.

    But here is my .conkyrc file:

    Code:
    # Use Xft?
    use_xft yes
    xftfont OFL Sorts Mill Goudy:size=8
    xftalpha 0.8
    text_buffer_size 2048
    
    # Update interval in seconds
    update_interval 1
    
    # This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
    # Set to zero to run forever.
    total_run_times 0
    
    # Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
    own_window yes
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_class conky
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    background no
    
    # Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
    double_buffer yes
    
    # Minimum size of text area
    minimum_size 180 0
    #maximum_width 200
    
    # Draw shades?
    draw_shades no
    
    # Draw outlines?
    draw_outline no
    
    # Draw borders around text
    draw_borders no
    
    # Stippled borders?
    stippled_borders 0
    
    # border margins
    border_inner_margin 5
    
    # border width
    border_width 1
    
    # Default colors and also border colors
    default_color white
    default_shade_color white
    default_outline_color white
    own_window_colour white
    color1 white
    
    # Text alignment, other possible values are commented
    #alignment top_left
    alignment top_right
    #alignment bottom_left
    #alignment bottom_right
    
    # Gap between borders of screen and text
    # same thing as passing -x at command line
    gap_x 8
    gap_y 8
    
    # Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
    no_buffers yes
    
    # set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
    uppercase no
    
    # number of cpu samples to average
    # set to 1 to disable averaging
    cpu_avg_samples 2
    
    # number of net samples to average
    # set to 1 to disable averaging
    net_avg_samples 2
    
    # Force UTF8? note that UTF8 support required XFT
    override_utf8_locale yes
    
    # Add spaces to keep things from moving about? This only affects certain objects.
    use_spacer none
    
    TEXT
    
    
    ${font Goudy Bookletter 1911:style=Bold}SYSTEM${font} ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}Kernel: ${alignr}${kernel}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}CPU1: ${cpu cpu1}% ${alignr}${cpubar cpu1 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}CPU2: ${cpu cpu2}% ${alignr}${cpubar cpu2 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}RAM: $memperc% ${alignr}${membar 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}Swap: $swapperc% ${alignr}${swapbar 8,60}
    #${font Webdings:size=16}${font}Battery: ${battery_percent BAT0}% ${alignr}${battery_bar 8,60 BAT0}
    #${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}Temperature: ${alignr}${acpitemp}C
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}Uptime: ${alignr}${uptime}
    #${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}System Update: ${color2} $color${execi 18000 update-manager "~U" | wc -l | tail}
    
    #TIME
    ${voffset -10}${alignc 36}${color2}${font Droid Sans:style=Bold:size=15}${time %r}${font}${color}
    ${voffset 6}${alignc}${time %B %d %Y}${voffset -6}
    
    #HDD Info
    ${font Goudy Bookletter 1911:style=Bold}HD${font} ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 4}${font Pie charts for maps:size=14}${font} ${voffset -5}Root:
    ${voffset 4}${fs_used /}/${fs_size /} ${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /}
    ${font Pie charts for maps:size=14}${font} ${voffset -5}Home:
    ${voffset 4}${fs_used /home}/${fs_size /home} ${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /home}
    
    #Processes Information
    ${font Goudy Bookletter 1911:style=Bold}TOP 5${font} ${hr 2}
    Process $alignr PID CPU
    ${top name 1} $alignr ${top pid 1} ${top cpu 1}
    ${top name 2} $alignr ${top pid 2} ${top cpu 2}
    ${top name 3} $alignr ${top pid 3} ${top cpu 3}
    ${top name 4} $alignr ${top pid 4} ${top cpu 4}
    ${top name 5} $alignr ${top pid 5} ${top cpu 5}
    #${top name 6} $alignr ${top pid 6} ${top cpu 6}
    #${top name 7} $alignr ${top pid 7} ${top cpu 7}
    #${top name 8} $alignr ${top pid 8} ${top cpu 8}
    #${top name 9} $alignr ${top pid 9} ${top cpu 9}
    #${top name 10} $alignr ${top pid 10} ${top cpu 10}
    
    #Internet connection Information
    ${font Goudy Bookletter 1911:style=Bold}NETWORK${font} ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}${font}Up speed: ${upspeed eth0} ${alignr}${upspeedgraph wlan0 8,60 000000 000000}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}${font}Down speed: ${downspeed eth0} ${alignr}${downspeedgraph wlan0 8,60 000000 000000}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}${font}Upload: ${alignr}${totalup eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}${font}Download: ${alignr}${totaldown eth0}
    #${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}${font}Signal: ${wireless_link_qual eth0}% ${alignr}${wireless_link_bar 8,60 eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}${font}Local IP: ${alignr}${addr eth0}
    Query: Did you take "${memperc}" and "${swapperc}" out of their brackets at any point? 'Cause usually when I forget to put variables in their brackets it gets wonky on me. Also, since I can't see the screenshot, I don't know what version of conky you're using. So, that changes the outcome too. I'm not comfortable pointing to any one post or the other unless I know for sure I lack the rest of the addicts' confidence with that I like to ask first.

  7. #15737
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    Query: Did you take "${memperc}" and "${swapperc}" out of their brackets at any point? 'Cause usually when I forget to put variables in their brackets it gets wonky on me. Also, since I can't see the screenshot, I don't know what version of conky you're using. So, that changes the outcome too. I'm not comfortable pointing to any one post or the other unless I know for sure I lack the rest of the addicts' confidence with that I like to ask first.
    Actually I am not sure if memperc and swapperpc need quotes. I use that code as is from a site I found it on. I will give it a try though.

    Attached is a screenshot of my conky setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Recommended Resources: Ubuntu Linux Resources

  8. #15738
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Beans
    195

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by PartisanEntity View Post
    Actually I am not sure if memperc and swapperpc need quotes. I use that code as is from a site I found it on. I will give it a try though.

    Attached is a screenshot of my conky setup.
    Well, truth be told, if your computer turned off and is now back on, and your memory is reading now 24%, and the little curly brackets around the two variables isn't changing anything... I think truth be told there was nothing wrong with your conky in the first place, just a memory problem. Probably a running process that happened to be causing a lot of trouble.

    This is why I ask first instead of jumping to links Too many years on the tech support line. Sometimes it starts with the simplest solutions. Like... "Nothing Wrong At All"

    Nice though. I like the clean and simple type of Conky.

  9. #15739
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by PartisanEntity View Post
    Unfortunately my laptop crashed this morning, a hardware issue that it has been suffering for a couple years now. So I could not test to see if killing any processes would change anything.

    But here is my .conkyrc file:
    I don't see anything that I recognize that would push memory up like that.

    However: I see somethings that are not needed: like lines that call up a font and immediately turn it off - for example:

    Code:
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}CPU1: ${cpu cpu1}% ${alignr}${cpubar cpu1 8,60}
    Does that create RAM usage? Don't know but they should not be there.

    Those and a couple of other "cleanups" ${alignr} to ${alignr 2} (trust me) and commands with no brackets: Swap: $swapperc% given brackets. Swap: ${swapperc}%

    Technically they may not be required but I have found that after certain commands they mess things up. So I have gotten into the habit of using them always.

    Here is your code cleaned up a tad:
    Code:
    # Use Xft?
    use_xft yes
    xftfont OFL Sorts Mill Goudy:size=8
    xftalpha 0.8
    text_buffer_size 2048
    
    # Update interval in seconds
    update_interval 1
    
    # This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
    # Set to zero to run forever.
    total_run_times 0
    
    # Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
    own_window yes
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_class conky
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    background no
    
    # Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
    double_buffer yes
    
    # Minimum size of text area
    minimum_size 180 0
    #maximum_width 200
    
    # Draw shades?
    draw_shades no
    
    # Draw outlines?
    draw_outline no
    
    # Draw borders around text
    draw_borders no
    
    # Stippled borders?
    stippled_borders 0
    
    # border margins
    border_inner_margin 5
    
    # border width
    border_width 1
    
    # Default colors and also border colors
    default_color white
    default_shade_color white
    default_outline_color white
    own_window_colour white
    color1 white
    
    # Text alignment, other possible values are commented
    #alignment top_left
    alignment top_right
    #alignment bottom_left
    #alignment bottom_right
    
    # Gap between borders of screen and text
    # same thing as passing -x at command line
    gap_x 8
    gap_y 8
    
    # Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
    no_buffers yes
    
    # set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
    uppercase no
    
    # number of cpu samples to average
    # set to 1 to disable averaging
    cpu_avg_samples 2
    
    # number of net samples to average
    # set to 1 to disable averaging
    net_avg_samples 2
    
    # Force UTF8? note that UTF8 support required XFT
    override_utf8_locale yes
    
    # Add spaces to keep things from moving about? This only affects certain objects.
    use_spacer none
    
    TEXT
    
    
    ${font Goudy Bookletter 1911:style=Bold}SYSTEM${font} ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}Kernel: ${alignr}${kernel}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}CPU1: ${cpu cpu1}% ${alignr}${cpubar cpu1 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}CPU2: ${cpu cpu2}% ${alignr}${cpubar cpu2 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}RAM: $memperc% ${alignr}${membar 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}Swap: $swapperc% ${alignr}${swapbar 8,60}
    #${font Webdings:size=16}${font}Battery: ${battery_percent BAT0}% ${alignr}${battery_bar 8,60 BAT0}
    #${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}Temperature: ${alignr}${acpitemp}C
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}Uptime: ${alignr}${uptime}
    #${font StyleBats:size=16}${font}System Update: ${color2} $color${execi 18000 update-manager "~U" | wc -l | tail}
    
    #TIME
    ${voffset -10}${alignc 36}${color2}${font Droid Sans:style=Bold:size=15}${time %r}${font}${color}
    ${voffset 6}${alignc}${time %B %d %Y}${voffset -6}
    
    #HDD Info
    ${font Goudy Bookletter 1911:style=Bold}HD${font} ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 4}${font Pie charts for maps:size=14}${font} ${voffset -5}Root:
    ${voffset 4}${fs_used /}/${fs_size /} ${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /}
    ${font Pie charts for maps:size=14}${font} ${voffset -5}Home:
    ${voffset 4}${fs_used /home}/${fs_size /home} ${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /home}
    
    #Processes Information
    ${font Goudy Bookletter 1911:style=Bold}TOP 5${font} ${hr 2}
    Process $alignr PID CPU
    ${top name 1} $alignr ${top pid 1} ${top cpu 1}
    ${top name 2} $alignr ${top pid 2} ${top cpu 2}
    ${top name 3} $alignr ${top pid 3} ${top cpu 3}
    ${top name 4} $alignr ${top pid 4} ${top cpu 4}
    ${top name 5} $alignr ${top pid 5} ${top cpu 5}
    #${top name 6} $alignr ${top pid 6} ${top cpu 6}
    #${top name 7} $alignr ${top pid 7} ${top cpu 7}
    #${top name 8} $alignr ${top pid 8} ${top cpu 8}
    #${top name 9} $alignr ${top pid 9} ${top cpu 9}
    #${top name 10} $alignr ${top pid 10} ${top cpu 10}
    
    #Internet connection Information
    ${font Goudy Bookletter 1911:style=Bold}NETWORK${font} ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}${font}Up speed: ${upspeed eth0} ${alignr}${upspeedgraph wlan0 8,60 000000 000000}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}${font}Down speed: ${downspeed eth0} ${alignr}${downspeedgraph wlan0 8,60 000000 000000}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}${font}Upload: ${alignr}${totalup eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}${font}Download: ${alignr}${totaldown eth0}
    #${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}${font}Signal: ${wireless_link_qual eth0}% ${alignr}${wireless_link_bar 8,60 eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}${font}Local IP: ${alignr}${addr eth0}
    None of the functionality has been changed or compromised.
    Hope this works for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #15740
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Beans
    195

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Neon612 View Post
    Got an update for the TV Schedule script I've been working. You can use templates now!

    I've added an example template file for you to look over, too.

    Give it a go and let me know if something doesn't work right.

    Enjoy!
    I'm going to go ahead and label this "Not of any use in Canada." YahooTV listings are great, but they don't follow the same rules as your TVRage site does. And there doesn't appear to be any sort of universal way to do this.

    Not YOUR fault, but I'm just putting the note there about this for Canadians. TVRage doesn't do anything for Canadians. We have more channels than just CBC and CTV.

Page 1574 of 2343 FirstFirst ... 5741074147415241564157215731574157515761584162416742074 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •