Page 1508 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 5081008140814581498150615071508150915101518155816082008 ... LastLast
Results 15,071 to 15,080 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

So here is where i am with this so far. I've decided to drop the weather and keep it at one conky file instead of splitting it in two like i did earlier. I messed with the colors a little and got the fonts working.

Now, my question is this:
    The System section is showing my cpu @ 1.20Ghz. However, my CPU is a Intel Core i5 520M processor @ 2.40Ghz and 2.93Ghz in turbo mode. How can i get it to display the correct cpu speed?

Thanks guys.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by miegiel View Post
    The -s switch instead of the -hs or -vs switch will cut the hourly graph at the bottom. I haven't seen a way to set the pie size, but comparing this months pie with lasts months pie (and todays pie with yesterdays) does give me an indication of my consumed bandwidth and if I'm speeding up or slowing down.
    Query: How does This get put into a Conky? 'Cause I'm pretty sure it's exactly what I want... I can't find an answer in that thread.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I've found that wikipedia has a ton of pages covering esoteric linux terminology
    lols hehe,

im new to conky and i just got to try it yesterday. and im using ubuntu 10.10 for just a month or 2.

btw, what script using in conky? so i can search better. thanks
    squeeze it and release it =)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    Query: How does This get put into a Conky? 'Cause I'm pretty sure it's exactly what I want... I can't find an answer in that thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by c00lwaterz View Post
    lols hehe,

im new to conky and i just got to try it yesterday. and im using ubuntu 10.10 for just a month or 2.

That's using lua and I'm a nub when it comes to lua. But if vnstati doesn't satisfy your needs lua is what you need to make a graph the way you want it. All I can tell you is you'll still need to somehow get the stats from vnstat, because ${totaldown ppp0} and ${totalup ppp0} will start at 0 after every boot.

Quote Originally Posted by c00lwaterz View Post
    lols hehe,

Don't know. I'm no expert on languages, but of the stuff I've seen, nothing looks similar to what's in the the .conkyrc file.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

That's using lua and I'm a nub when it comes to lua. But if vnstati doesn't satisfy your needs lua is what you need to make a graph the way you want it. All I can tell you is you'll still need to somehow get the stats from vnstat, because ${totaldown ppp0} and ${totalup ppp0} will start at 0 after every boot.

Don't know. I'm no expert on languages, but of the stuff I've seen, nothing looks similar to what's in the the .conkyrc file.
    hey i have found a website that shows what codes can be use. this maybe basic but it can help beginner (same as me).

here is the link http://conky.sourceforge.net/docs.html . when i was studying in high school and college, i use html, webpages, javascripting, vbscipt, vb.net, rubyOnRails, but it's different. I mean my path is different. I did not practice as profession so I already forgot the programming side. I do business and the business is not computer related so im back to zero .

that's is why im not familiar with some other linux related and some new stuff. I installed ubuntu because of light and open (free) hehe. and also i many friendly community inside linux.

squeeze it and release it =)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by kismeras View Post
    So here is where i am with this so far.[...]
    I likey!

Good job with the colors!
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    I likey!

Good job with the colors!
    Thanks. I been messing with it more. Keep changing the colors....let's me practice manipulating the script. Changing fonts sizes too.

Does anyone know how to get it to show the correct cpu speed?

Beans

Thanks. I been messing with it more. Keep changing the colors....let's me practice manipulating the script. Changing fonts sizes too.

Does anyone know how to get it to show the correct cpu speed?
    In text?
    Code:
    ${freq_g 1}
    Substitute the 1 for the number of the processor in question.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    In text?
    Code:
    ${freq_g 1}
    Substitute the 1 for the number of the processor in question.
    Thanks for the reply. Just tried it and still says the same thing. I wonder if there is something in my BIOS that's causing it to not run at 2.40GHz

Beans

Thanks for the reply. Just tried it and still says the same thing. I wonder if there is something in my BIOS that's causing it to not run at 2.40GHz
    That's a Linux thing. I noticed it too. It's that speed of the processor, but not actually running at that speed. Processors register as a hair slower in the system. I have a hyperthreading 3Ghz processor, and both registered processors are running at 2.99Ghz.

*EDIT* Scratch that. Just noticed the 1 in your conky image where a 2 should be. Is this a Laptop by chance?
    Last edited by 42dorian; December 2nd, 2010 at 09:20 AM.

Page 1508 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 5081008140814581498150615071508150915101518155816082008 ... LastLast