Page 1500 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 5001000140014501490149814991500150115021510155016002000 ... LastLast
Results 14,991 to 15,000 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by c00lwaterz View Post
    not yet. this is my first time. ok i will install it step by step

thanks

--

i have done just right now

sudo apt-get install conky

then it's done.

now:

then take a .conkyrc file you like and add it to your .conkyrc in your home directory. <-- how to do this? thanks =)
    Actually, I would suggest:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install conky-all
    That will make it a bit easier on the running of things.

As to how you install a .conkyrc file to your home directory, that's REALLY easy!

It's a text file. Just go to /home/(yourusername)/ and create a new text file, name it .conkyrc and open it in a text editor of your choice. Essentially just a notepad, but once you get addicted like the rest of us, you may want something more fancy. Just forewarning you about that. Text editor will do.

After that, start at the beginning of this thread. Page 1. Start looking at what others have done, since they post screen shots as well as their code they used. If you find something you like, copy and paste the code they used into the .conkyrc file. Experiment. Then Experiment. Then Correct Errors. Then Experiment. Then, Oh Yeah, Don't forget to EXPERIMENT! If you have problems with what you put in your code, come back here and ask for help. Eventually, if not right away, the other addicts here will probably help you through it. You can't just go "Step By Step" with Conky. It goes too slowly that way. You won't see any results until you've copied someone else's work and re-worked it into your own. That will teach you the most about what does what, and how it looks.

If you want a hint, I suggest looking for users miegiel, kaivalagi and VinDSL when looking at screenshots. Unlike myself, they tend to document their work really well, and can help you implement stuff from their code into your own.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    Actually, I would suggest:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install conky-all
    That will make it a bit easier on the running of things.

As to how you install a .conkyrc file to your home directory, that's REALLY easy!

It's a text file. Just go to /home/(yourusername)/ and create a new text file, name it .conkyrc and open it in a text editor of your choice. Essentially just a notepad, but once you get addicted like the rest of us, you may want something more fancy. Just forewarning you about that. Text editor will do.

After that, start at the beginning of this thread. Page 1. Start looking at what others have done, since they post screen shots as well as their code they used. If you find something you like, copy and paste the code they used into the .conkyrc file. Experiment. Then Experiment. Then Correct Errors. Then Experiment. Then, Oh Yeah, Don't forget to EXPERIMENT! If you have problems with what you put in your code, come back here and ask for help. Eventually, if not right away, the other addicts here will probably help you through it. You can't just go "Step By Step" with Conky. It goes too slowly that way. You won't see any results until you've copied someone else's work and re-worked it into your own. That will teach you the most about what does what, and how it looks.

If you want a hint, I suggest looking for users miegiel, kaivalagi and VinDSL when looking at screenshots. Unlike myself, they tend to document their work really well, and can help you implement stuff from their code into your own.
    thanks, i copied some files here then i save it as .conkyrc

how to activate them or load them? i can't see any on my desktop hehe

i add conky on start-up program. then when i logout then relog the conky is up but when i click on anywhere on desktop, the conky is gone. and it is runng but invisible? hehe

then the conky i copy file here is not the same full length i see. i saw mine is different. its fat, not transparent and big in size lols
    Last edited by c00lwaterz; December 1st, 2010 at 10:28 AM.
    squeeze it and release it =)

Beans

Re: VinDSL .Conkyrc Update

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Lots of subtle (and not so subtle) changes...

(Click image for full-size view)

Here's the code...

Code:
    ##################################
    ## VinDSL | rev. 10-11-28 13:30 ##
    ##################################

####
    ## Use XFT? Required to Force UTF8 (see below).
    #
    use_xft yes
    xftfont LiberationSans:size=8.85
    xftalpha 0.1
    text_buffer_size 2048

####
    ## Force UTF8? Requires XFT (see above).
    ## Displays degree symbol, instead of °, etc.
    #
    override_utf8_locale yes

####
    ## Update interval in seconds.
    #
    update_interval 1.5

####
    ## This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
    ## Set to zero to run forever.
    #
    total_run_times 0

####
    ## Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)?
    #
    own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes

####
    ## Use double buffering? Reduces flicker.
    #
    double_buffer yes

####
    ## Draw shades?
    #
    draw_shades no

####
    ## Draw outlines?
    #
    draw_outline no

####
    ## Draw borders around text?
    #
    draw_borders no

####
    ## Draw borders around graphs?
    #
    draw_graph_borders no

####
    ## Print text to stdout?
    ## Print text in console?
    #
    out_to_ncurses no
    out_to_console no

####
    ## Text alignment.
    #
    alignment top_right

####
    ## Minimum size of text area.
    #
    minimum_size 235 0

####
    ## Specify width and height for bars.
    #
    default_bar_size 0 4

####
    ## Gap between text and screen borders.
    #
    gap_x 10
    gap_y 28

####
    ## Shorten MiB/GiB to M/G in stats.
    #
    short_units yes

####
    ## Pad % symbol spacing after numbers.
    #
    pad_percents 0

####
    ## Limit the length of names in "Top Processes".
    #
    top_name_width 10

####
    ## Subtract file system -/+buffers/cache from used memory?
    ## Set to yes, to produce meaningful physical memory stats.
    #
    no_buffers yes

####
    ## Set to yes, if you want all text to be in UPPERCASE.
    #
    uppercase no

####
    ## Number of cpu samples to average.
    ## Set to 1 to disable averaging.
    #
    cpu_avg_samples 2

####
    ## Number of net samples to average.
    ## Set to 1 to disable averaging.
    #
    net_avg_samples 2

####
    ## Add spaces to keep things from moving around?
    ## Only affects certain objects.
    #
    use_spacer right

####
    ## My colors (suit yourself).
    #
    color0 White
    color1 Ivory
    color2 Ivory2
    color3 Ivory3
    color4 Tan1
    color5 Tan2
    color6 Gray
    color7 AntiqueWhite4
    color8 DarkSlateGray
    color9 Black

####
    ## Installed fonts (required).
    #
    # ConkyWeather (Stanko Metodiev)
    # ConkyWindNESW (Stanko Metodiev)
    # Liberation Mono (Ascender Corp)
    # Liberation Sans (Ascender Corp)
    # Moon Phases (Curtis Clark)
    # OpenLogos (Icoma)
    # PizzaDude Bullets (Jakob Fischer)
    # Radio Space (Iconian Fonts)
    # StyleBats (Vinterstille)
    # Ubuntu (Canonical Ltd)
    # Ubuntu Title Bold (Paulo Silva)
    # Weather (Jonathan Macagba)
    # WenQuanYi Micro Hei (Google Corp)

TEXT

##################
    ##     LOGO     ##
    ##################
    ${voffset -42}${font OpenLogos:size=103}${color2}v${voffset -66}${goto 178}${font UbuntuTitleBold:size=20}${color4}10.10
    ##################
    ##    SYSTEM    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 10}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}SYSTEM${offset 8}${color8}${hr 2}
    ${voffset 4}${font OpenLogos:size=10}${color2}u${voffset -4}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${sysname}${offset 5}${kernel}${alignr}${machine}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}A${voffset -1}${font}${color6}${offset 5}Intel P4 Extreme Edition${alignr}${freq_g cpu0}${offset 1}GHz
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}q${voffset -1}${font}${color6}${offset 5}Uptime${alignr}${uptime}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}o${voffset -1}${font}${color6}${offset 5}File System${alignr}${fs_type}
    ##################
    ##  PROCESSORS  ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}PROCESSORS${offset 8}${color8}${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 2}CPU1${offset 5}${cpu cpu1}%${color7}${alignc 34}${cpubar cpu1}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 2}CPU2${offset 5}${cpu cpu2}%${color7}${alignc 34}${cpubar cpu2}
    ##################
    ##    MEMORY    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}MEMORY${offset 8}${color8}${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}l${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 3}RAM${goto 95}${mem}${offset 5}/${offset 5}${memmax}${alignr}${memperc}%
    ${color7}${membar}
    ##################
    ##     HDD      ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 2}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}HDD${offset 8}${color8}${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 4}ROOT${goto 95}${fs_used /}${offset 5}/${offset 5}${fs_size /}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /}%
    ${color7}${fs_bar /}
    ${voffset 1}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 4}HOME${goto 95}${fs_used /home}${offset 5}/${offset 5}${fs_size /home}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /home}%
    ${color7}${fs_bar /home}
    ${voffset 1}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}4${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 4}SWAP${goto 95}${swap}${offset 5}/${offset 5}${swapmax}${alignr}${swapperc}%
    ${color7}${swapbar}
    ##################
    # TOP PROCESSES ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 3}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}TOP PROCESSES${offset 8}${color8}${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 1}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 1}${alignr}${top_mem mem 1}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 2}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 2}${alignr}${top_mem mem 2}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 3}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 3}${alignr}${top_mem mem 3}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 4}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 4}${alignr}${top_mem mem 4}%
    ##################
    ##   NETWORK    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}NETWORK${offset 8}${color8}${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color2}a${font}${color6}${offset 5}Private IP${alignr}${addr eth0}
    ${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color2}a${font}${color6}${offset 5}Public  IP${alignr}${execi 600 wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/[^[:digit:]\|.]//g'}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color2}T${font}${color6}${offset 5}Down${alignr}${downspeed eth0}
    ${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color2}N${font}${color6}${offset 5}Up${alignr}${upspeed eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color2}T${font}${color6}${offset 5}Downloaded${alignr}${totaldown eth0}
    ${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color2}N${font}${color6}${offset 5}Uploaded${alignr}${totalup eth0}
    ##################
    ##   WEATHER    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}WEATHER${offset 8}${color8}${hr 2}
    ${goto 59}${font Weather:size=38}${color1}y${voffset -6}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${offset 14}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --imperial --location=USAZ0082}
    ${voffset -17}${font Ubuntu:size=24}${color4}${alignc}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=CT}
    ${voffset 10}${goto 20}${font ConkyWindNESW:style=Bold:size=38}${color2}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=BS}${goto 92}${voffset -8}${font ConkyWeather:style=Bold:size=45}${color2}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=WF}${goto 180}${voffset -9}${font MoonPhases:size=29}${color2}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=MF}
    ${voffset -20}${goto 27}${font}${color2}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=WS}${goto 86}Feels like ${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=LT --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=MP | sed -e 's/First.*'/'\$\{goto 187}First/g' -e 's/Last.*'/'\$\{goto 187}Last/g' -e 's/New.*'/'\$\{goto 186}New/g' -e 's/Full.*'/'\$\{goto 188}Full/g' -e 's/Waning.*'/'\$\{goto 179}Waning/g' -e 's/Waxing.*'/'\$\{goto 179}Waxing/g'}
    ${voffset 10}${goto 33}${font}${color2}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=DW --startday=1 --shortweekday}${goto 85}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=DW --startday=2 --shortweekday}${goto 138}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=DW --startday=3 --shortweekday}${goto 192}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=DW --startday=4 --shortweekday}
    ${goto 20}${font}${color2}${font ConkyWeather:size=32}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=WF --startday=1 --endday=4 --spaces=1}
    ${goto 22}${voffset -30}${font}${color2}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${goto 76}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${goto 130}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${goto 185}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}
    ##################
    ##     TIME     ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}TIME${offset 8}${color8}${hr 2}
    ${voffset -4}${if_match ${time %l}<=9}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${alignc 2}${time %l:%M%p }${else}${if_match ${time %l}>=10}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${alignc 2}${time %l:%M%p}${endif}${endif}
    ${voffset -35}${font LiberationSans:size=8}${color4}${alignc 5}Sunrise${offset 1}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=SR --startday=1}${color3}${offset 2}|${offset 2}${color4}Sunset${offset 1}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USAZ0082 --datatype=SS --startday=1}
    ##################
    ##   CALENDAR   ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 5}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}DATE${offset 8}${color8}${hr 2}
    ${voffset 4}${font LiberationSansBold:size=9.6}${color4}${alignc 5}${execpi 60 VinDSL_Cal= date +'%B${offset 6}%Y'}
    ${voffset 3}${font LiberationMono:size=9.5}${execpi 60 VinDSL_Cal= cal | sed '1d' | sed -e 's/'`date | awk '{print $3}'`'/\$\{color4}'`date | awk '{print $3}'`'\$\{color3}/' | sed 's/^/${offset 37}${color3}/'}

Pay close attention to the new fonts...
    Hello VinDSL,

I like your conky so I stole....err, borrowed it. Great work. The whole thing does not fit on my screen. I'm running it on a laptop...any adive on how i can fix this? Also, it looks like i have letters where you have up and down arrows. I'm going to try to insert a screen shot here:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by kismeras; December 1st, 2010 at 11:54 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

help , im new in conky. how do i create a simple and easy conky? i want to learn from scratch hehe

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by miegiel View Post
    From http://conky.sourceforge.net/config_settings.html

And own_window_argb_value is a transparency setting too. As I understand it, you shouldn't use both (but you fixed that).
    I don't believe those apply for conky v1.8.0 - they come into play with v1.8.1

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by c00lwaterz View Post
    help , im new in conky. how do i create a simple and easy conky? i want to learn from scratch hehe
    Conky Setup Guide

Beans

Re: VinDSL .Conkyrc Update

Quote Originally Posted by kismeras View Post
    Hello VinDSL,

I like your conky so I stole....err, borrowed it. Great work. The whole thing does not fit on my screen. I'm running it on a laptop...any adive on how i can fix this? Also, it looks like i have letters where you have up and down arrows. I'm going to try to insert a screen shot here:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Did you install the fonts?

####
    ## Installed fonts (required).
    #
    # ConkyWeather (Stanko Metodiev)
    # ConkyWindNESW (Stanko Metodiev)
    # Liberation Mono (Ascender Corp)
    # Liberation Sans (Ascender Corp)
    # Moon Phases (Curtis Clark)
    # OpenLogos (Icoma)
    # PizzaDude Bullets (Jakob Fischer)
    # Radio Space (Iconian Fonts)
    # StyleBats (Vinterstille)
    # Ubuntu (Canonical Ltd)
    # Ubuntu Title Bold (Paulo Silva)
    # Weather (Jonathan Macagba)
    # WenQuanYi Micro Hei (Google Corp)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

thanks vindsl,

I copied your file. but i don't know how to make my own. and also what is the basic codes to make this? when i see the file. it is like html style css etc hehe
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    See this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1629933

I installed the 2.5.36 kernel with miegiel's help and that fixed it.
    And if you notice all of my temps are in Fahrenheit. On the left side of the pond we don't work too well with Celsius.
    Oh I don't know about that!

I'm on the left side of the "pond" and it's °C here.

But I'm south of you, and north of you they use °C too!

Beans
    Hidden!

I just found a website with a ton of minimalist-style desktop wallpapers.
    http://simpledesktops.com

Page 1500 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 5001000140014501490149814991500150115021510155016002000 ... LastLast