Page 1360 of 2325 FirstFirst ... 360860126013101350135813591360136113621370141014601860 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,600 of 23245

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
    II did not mean to add to your fine work mrpeachy, it was a question to see if this is how the graduated colors work in all the scripts.

Tough sometimes to post on the fly and still convey what my brain is trying to get my fingers to type?!

Not a problem Bored, and after re-reading my post I didn't do a very good job conveying myself either. I always appreciate suggestions. I thought maybe you weren't aware of the differences between running lua sripts in conky and writing a conky script directly (didn't convey that very elegantly). But I see that you are!

With straight conky scripts the bar and graph objects are programmed to give you gradients when you give them colors. With lua you have to do it yourself. I've read the cairo documentation and I could probably achieve a gradient option for the circletext with a little experimentation.

Right now I simply don't have the energy to tackle it. Too tired.

My other problem is that I'm now reaching the limit (in some ways) of what I can achieve in a Lua script because I just don't have the programming skills to make the scripts do what I want.

It was the same when I was just working with straight conky rc's. I had reached the limit of what I could do with a conky setup because I didn't know how to write Lua scripts... So through trial and error I taught myself a little bit (always learned just enough to do what I wanted) and improvised the rest.

But there are just some things you know how to do when coming from a programming background that you just can't work out through trial and error!
    Last edited by mrpeachy; August 21st, 2010 at 03:07 AM.

Beans

my first .conkyrc

Code:
    background yes

update_interval 5

total_run_times 0

own_window yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,skip_taskbar
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes

use_xft yes

xftfont Terminus:size=7
    xftalpha 0.8

double_buffer yes

minimum_size 280 5

border_margin 5

alignment top_right

gap_x 50

use_spacer yes

TEXT
    ${alignc}${color FFCC33}${font OpenLogos:size=22}u${font }${voffset -18} Ubuntu 10.04 ${color 99FF33}${sysname} ${color }${kernel}
    ${alignc}${color 99FF33}${nodename}

${hr 1}
    ${color 99FF33} ${time %a}, ${color white}${time %d-%m-%Y}
    ${color 9966CC} Up time: ${color }${uptime}

${color 9966CC} CPU1: ${color 99FF33}${cpu cpu0}% ${color }${cpugraph cpu1 20,150 CC0000 FFCC33}
    ${color 9966CC} CPU2: ${color 99FF33}${cpu cpu1}% ${color }${cpugraph cpu2 20,150 CC0000 FFCC33}

${color 9966CC} Ram: ${color 99FF33}${memmax} ${color }${memperc}% Used
    ${offset 50}${memgraph 20,150 CC0000 FFCC33}

${color 9966CC} Dl. - Ul. Speed: ${color}${downspeedf} - ${upspeedf} KiB
    ${color 9966CC} File system: ${color}${fs_used}/${fs_size} ${color 99FF33}(${fs_free_perc}% ${color }Free)
    ${offset 50}${color FFCC33} ${fs_bar 20, 150}
    ${color 9966CC}${font DejaVu Sans:bold:italic:size=14}News ${hr 2}
    ${font Terminus:size=8}${color }${rss http://english.aljazeera.net/Services/Rss/?PostingId=2007731105943979989 60 item_titles 5}
    ${color 9966CC}${font DejaVu Sans:bold:italic:size=14}Digg Tech.${hr 2}
    ${font Terminus:size=8}${color }${rss http://feeds.digg.com/digg/container/technology/popular.rss 60 item_titles 5}

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    It was the same when I was just working with straight conky rc's. I had reached the limit of what I could do with a conky setup because I didn't know how to write Lua scripts... So through trial and error I taught myself a little bit (always learned just enough to do what I wanted) and improvised the rest.

But there are just some things you know how to do when coming from a programming background that you just can't work out through trial and error!
    Thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by irisblaze View Post
    my first .conkyrc
    LOL, I confess to being tired when I tried to grab your terminal window to see the background!

I love the conky and will adapt for my own, as I am not happy with the colors I currently have in place. Can you share the background?
    Last edited by BoredOutOfMyMind; August 21st, 2010 at 04:45 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hey everyone,

Congratulations on breaking 10,000 posts!

I have been searching through this thread for a solid day to try and find an answer to my problem.

Basically, I am using the Conky Rhythmbox script, and want to have have it set to show a line of text, something like 'Play some tunes!' when Rhythmbox is not running.

I understand this can be done using 'else' and have found the comments where people have it switch to a calendar or rss feed when Rhythmbox is not open, but I cannot figure out how to get it to work for me. I have been trial and erroring at it for a long while, so thought I would come and ask for some help.

This thread has helped me so much with Conky in the past, it's unreal. Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdk View Post
    Hey everyone,

Congratulations on breaking 10,000 posts!

I have been searching through this thread for a solid day to try and find an answer to my problem.

Basically, I am using the Conky Rhythmbox script, and want to have have it set to show a line of text, something like 'Play some tunes!' when Rhythmbox is not running.

I understand this can be done using 'else' and have found the comments where people have it switch to a calendar or rss feed when Rhythmbox is not open, but I cannot figure out how to get it to work for me. I have been trial and erroring at it for a long while, so thought I would come and ask for some help.

This thread has helped me so much with Conky in the past, it's unreal. Thanks.
    Have a look at the $if_running command in conky for checking whether rhythmbox is running or not, you can then do things either when it's running or when it's not.

Details on the command can be found here: http://conky.sourceforge.net/variables.html

An example would be:

Code:
    ${if_running rhythmbox}
    ${exec conkyRhythbox ...}
    $else
    Play some tunes!
    $end_if
    I use a lot of if statements for my mpd conkyrc content, to give you an idea:
    Code:
    $if_mpd_playing${image /home/USER/.scripts/conky/opaque.png -p 0,0 -s 256x330}
    ${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=6}${alignr 10}${if_match "$mpd_repeat" == "On"}REPEAT$endif
    ${alignr 10}${if_match "$mpd_random" == "On"}SHUFFLE$endif
    ${voffset 203}
    ${color2}${font}${mpd_bar 10,255}
    ${voffset 5}${color2}${font}${goto 15}${mpd_elapsed}/${mpd_length} - ${mpd_percent}%${alignr 5}${mpd_status} ${mpd_bitrate}k/s
    ${voffset 5}${color1}${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=9}${alignc}${mpd_title}
    ${font}${alignc}${color2} from the album ${color1}${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=9}${mpd_album}
    ${color2}${font}${alignc} by ${color1}${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=9}${mpd_artist}
    ${color2}${hr}
    ${if_existing /tmp/lyrics.txt}${image /home/USER/.conky_opaque.png -p 0,330 -s 256x490}${color1}${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=9}${exec fold -s -w 40 /tmp/lyrics.txt | sed 's/^/  /'}
    ${color2}${hr}$endif
    ${if_existing /tmp/coverart.jpg}${image /tmp/coverart.jpg -p 0,0 -s 256x256 -n}$endif
    $endif
    Hope that helps
    Last edited by kaivalagi; August 21st, 2010 at 02:36 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Question Calling multiple lua's

Hi Guys,

I've got an interesting problem that I hope you can help me with.

I am trying to call two lua files from one conky but not having much luck.

If I use these:-
    Code:
    lua_load ~/Scripts/circlewriting.lua
    lua_load ~/Scripts/conky_widgets.lua
    lua_draw_hook_pre widgets
    lua_draw_hook_pre draw_text
    lines, then my conky outputs the circlewriting lua but not the conky_widgets lua.

If I use these lines:-
    Code:
    then the output is the conky_widgets lua..

The conky only seems to call the function pointed to by the last line. I know this is possible.. Can someone give me a hint pretty please.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Calling multiple lua's

Quote Originally Posted by martinblunn View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've got an interesting problem that I hope you can help me with.

I am trying to call two lua files from one conky but not having much luck.

If I use these:-
    Code:
    lines, then my conky outputs the circlewriting lua but not the conky_widgets lua.

If I use these lines:-
    Code:
    then the output is the conky_widgets lua..

The conky only seems to call the function pointed to by the last line. I know this is possible.. Can someone give me a hint pretty please.
    you can only have one lua script running in one conky rc
    it looked like, from your screen shots, that you had successfully combines the 2 scripts?
    or was that multiple conky rc's?
    Last edited by mrpeachy; August 21st, 2010 at 06:23 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks! I have the basic text set now and it works great. I plan to play with the more complex stuff now!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Smile Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    Have a look at the $if_running command in conky for checking whether rhythmbox is running or not, you can then do things either when it's running or when it's not.

Details on the command can be found here: http://conky.sourceforge.net/variables.html

An example would be:

Code:
    ${if_running rhythmbox}
    ${exec conkyRhythbox ...}
    $else
    Play some tunes!
    $end_if
    I use a lot of if statements for my mpd conkyrc content, to give you an idea:
    Code:
    $if_mpd_playing${image /home/USER/.scripts/conky/opaque.png -p 0,0 -s 256x330}
    ${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=6}${alignr 10}${if_match "$mpd_repeat" == "On"}REPEAT$endif
    ${alignr 10}${if_match "$mpd_random" == "On"}SHUFFLE$endif
    ${voffset 203}
    ${color2}${font}${mpd_bar 10,255}
    ${voffset 5}${color2}${font}${goto 15}${mpd_elapsed}/${mpd_length} - ${mpd_percent}%${alignr 5}${mpd_status} ${mpd_bitrate}k/s
    ${voffset 5}${color1}${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=9}${alignc}${mpd_title}
    ${font}${alignc}${color2} from the album ${color1}${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=9}${mpd_album}
    ${color2}${font}${alignc} by ${color1}${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=9}${mpd_artist}
    ${color2}${hr}
    ${if_existing /tmp/lyrics.txt}${image /home/USER/.conky_opaque.png -p 0,330 -s 256x490}${color1}${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=9}${exec fold -s -w 40 /tmp/lyrics.txt | sed 's/^/  /'}
    ${color2}${hr}$endif
    ${if_existing /tmp/coverart.jpg}${image /tmp/coverart.jpg -p 0,0 -s 256x256 -n}$endif
    $endif
    Hope that helps
    Thanks! I have the basic text set now and it works great. I plan to play with the more complex stuff now!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Calling multiple lua's

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    you can only have one lua script running in one conky rc
    it looked like, from your screen shots, that you had successfully combines the 2 scripts?
    or was that multiple conky rc's?

Lol! That explains why it's not working....

I had multiple conky rc's running but don't like it, as the placement seems a bit hit and miss..

Time to combine the two scripts then

Page 1360 of 2325 FirstFirst ... 360860126013101350135813591360136113621370141014601860 ... LastLast