Page 1249 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 2497491149119912391247124812491250125112591299134917492249 ... LastLast
Results 12,481 to 12,490 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

About a year ago, before the release of 9.04, some body had a script on here for conky that counted down to the release of 9.04. Does anybody still have that script or know where I might be able to get a hold of it? I would try to write one myself, but I am no good at bash scripting. I am reading a book about it, but by the time I get that done, 10.04 will be out. Thanks ahead of time.
    "Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense." - Chapman Cohen

Registered Linux User #495248 / Registered Ubuntu User #28596

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by alindgr1 View Post
    About a year ago, before the release of 9.04, some body had a script on here for conky that counted down to the release of 9.04. Does anybody still have that script or know where I might be able to get a hold of it? I would try to write one myself, but I am no good at bash scripting. I am reading a book about it, but by the time I get that done, 10.04 will be out. Thanks ahead of time.
    well, i think this will help
    HTML Code:
    http://conky.linux-hardcore.com/?page_id=363
    and if that doesn't do it for you, i use a program called Remind. only thing is, i can't get a LIVE countdown (not that i'm too bothered about it) but i believe the previous link gives a live countdown (not used it in a while to be honest)

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by alindgr1 View Post
    I don't know about the script posted before. It looked like an interesting challenge. It wasn't as interesting as it first looked but here's what I came up with:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    targetdate=$(date +%s --date="$*")
    currentdate=$(date +%s)
    if [ $currentdate -ge $targetdate ]; then
    echo 'Target date of '$(date --date="@$targetdate")' has been reached!'
    exit 0
    fi
    interval=$[targetdate-currentdate]
    divisor=( 31536000 2592000 86400 3600 60 1 )
    for i in {0..5}; do
    name[$i]=$[interval/divisor[$i]]
    if [ $interval -gt ${divisor[$i]} ];then
    interval=$[interval-$[name[$i]*divisor[$i]]]
    fi
    done
    output=$(
    for label in year month day hour minute second; do
    if [ ${name[$n]} -gt 0 ];then echo -n "${name[$n]} $label$(if [ ${name[$n]} -gt 1 ];then echo s;fi), ";fi
    n=$[n+1]
    done
    )
    echo ${output/%, /.}
    I just saved it as countdown. Make it executable and call it with conky like this:
    ${execi 60 countdown Apr 29 2010}
    To call the script every minute.
    You can remove the word second, marked in red, on line 18 to not display the number of seconds.
    Obviously I made this so you can use it with any date to countdown to anything. At least anything until Jan 18 2038.
    Last edited by mobilediesel; April 23rd, 2010 at 05:26 AM. Reason: minor edit in the code

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi boys
    You know at all, if a way exists for having in the conky a simple equalizzatore, that reads me but music in on its way listening once Rhythmbox," " Not.lua"" Es.
    More or less as a lace of the kind.... ${rhythmboxgraph 0000ff 00ff00 - t}

Always if possible...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by degan View Post
    Hi boys
    You know at all, if a way exists for having in the conky a simple equalizzatore, that reads me but music in on its way listening once Rhythmbox," " Not.lua"" Es.
    More or less as a lace of the kind.... ${rhythmboxgraph 0000ff 00ff00 - t}

Always if possible...
    a simple one would be this:
    Code:
    ${exec rhythmbox-client --no-start --print-playing}
    just shows title and artist
    K's scripts would probably be what your looking for though.
    I'm a super power user

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

But so I don't get a graph....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by merlin_ie View Post
    well, i think this will help
    HTML Code:
    http://conky.linux-hardcore.com/?page_id=363
    and if that doesn't do it for you, i use a program called Remind. only thing is, i can't get a LIVE countdown (not that i'm too bothered about it) but i believe the previous link gives a live countdown (not used it in a while to be honest)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilediesel View Post
    I don't know about the script posted before. It looked like an interesting challenge. It wasn't as interesting as it first looked but here's what I came up with:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    targetdate=$(date +%s --date="$*")
    currentdate=$(date +%s)
    if [ $currentdate -ge $targetdate ]; then
    echo 'Target date of '$(date --date="@$targetdate")' has been reached!'
    exit 0
    fi
    interval=$[targetdate-currentdate]
    divisor=( 31536000 2592000 86400 3600 60 1 )
    for i in {0..5}; do
    name[$i]=$[interval/divisor[$i]]
    if [ $interval -gt ${divisor[$i]} ];then
    interval=$[interval-$[name[$i]*divisor[$i]]]
    fi
    done
    output=$(
    for label in year month day hour minute second; do
    if [ ${name[$n]} -gt 0 ];then echo -n "${name[$n]} $label$(if [ ${name[$n]} -gt 1 ];then echo s;fi), ";fi
    n=$[n+1]
    done
    )
    echo ${output/%, /.}
    I just saved it as countdown. Make it executable and call it with conky like this:

To call the script every minute.
    You can remove the word second, marked in red, on line 18 to not display the number of seconds.
    Obviously I made this so you can use it with any date to countdown to anything. At least anything until Jan 18 2038.
    You people are THE MAN!! Perhaps someday soon, I can do this stuff by myself. Thanks again.
    "Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense." - Chapman Cohen

Registered Linux User #495248 / Registered Ubuntu User #28596

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by degan View Post
    But so I don't get a graph....
    well if you want that then your going to have to use lua. from your original post I don't think you want that but look at wlourf's stuff. he's made equalizers using lua.
    I'm a super power user

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by djyoung4 View Post
    well if you want that then your going to have to use lua. from your original post I don't think you want that but look at wlourf's stuff. he's made equalizers using lua.
    Hello,

Thanks to point to my stuff but the main work is not mine, it come from here https://launchpad.net/impulse.bzr it's a Gnome widget (without Lua if I remember), maybe you can use it deegan.

The Lua script I wrote is here :
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=175
    but it is use some cpu and it is not very accurate (there are delays between sounds and moves if you make a BIG equalizer like this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcM9nTKeC74

I plan to try to run it direcly in a python window without decoration like the original widget because I use Openbox, I hope it will be simple !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Perhaps someone could help me with my conky problem. I have three scripts whose output I display in conky: conkyweatherscript3.sh, checkgmail2.py, and archpacconky4.sh. If I run any of them in a bash shell, each of them reports the desired info. However, when using execi in conky, only the archpacconky4.sh script output is shown, and the other two output nothing in conky. Running conky -DD gives me no help. I have set text_buffer_size to 4096, so I don't think that is the problem. I am running conky 1.8.0 in KDE 4.4. Any ideas?

Page 1249 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 2497491149119912391247124812491250125112591299134917492249 ... LastLast