Page 1244 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 2447441144119412341242124312441245124612541294134417442244 ... LastLast
Results 12,431 to 12,440 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by apocalypse80 View Post
    To get the image you need;
    a) conky-colors, which includes the cd-case icons
    b) a conky version with imlib2 support (check with "conky -v"), in karmic the version required is "conky-all".

You can do further debugging by executing the script in a terminal and looking at it's output.

To remove the rating, just remove line 154.
    Otherwise you'll need the font pizzadude stars (it's free) to actually display the stars.
    Ok, I saw it looking for a conky-colors directory but I didn't know what that was. Installed conky-colors, now I have the cover art, but it is diplayed too low and gets cut off. Removing the star rating line made it worse.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

if you have a fully transparent conky with ARGB, let me tell you that with a Lua background, it looks very very nice and you can move it around your desktop very smoothly.
    Laptop: i7 4930MX @3.9GHz undervolted; 32GB 4x8GB Kingston HyperX Impact 1600MHz; Nvidia 780M 4GB; Samsung 840 EVO mSATA 250GB; Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10 Pro.
    Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by rotwang888 View Post
    Installed conky-colors, now I have the cover art, but it is diplayed too low and gets cut off. Removing the star rating line made it worse.
    The script output (run it in a terminal) includes something that looks like this
    Code:
    ${image /tmp/conkyCover.png -s 90x82 -p 21,745}
    "-p" = position x,y.
    Edit that part at the end of the script to move the image where you want it.
    HP Elitebook 8530p | C2D T9400 - 4GB DDR2 800 - ATI mobility radeon 3650 - Intel x25m 160GB G2
    A monkey hitting random keys on a computer keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely create fglrx drivers...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by apocalypse80 View Post
    "-p" = position x,y.
    Edit that part at the end of the script to move the image where you want it.
    Perfect! Thank you.

Beans

Hi!!

ive just moved to ubuntu from windows, and was told conky would be perfect to show my system stats

i was wondering if i could get some help, i have no idea how the scripting works yet

just looking for someothing basic to show my cpu usage mem, gpu temps etc

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Thumbs down Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by happy1234 View Post
    Hi!!

ive just moved to ubuntu from windows, and was told conky would be perfect to show my system stats

i was wondering if i could get some help, i have no idea how the scripting works yet

just looking for someothing basic to show my cpu usage mem, gpu temps etc
    Well happy1234, I would encourage you to go back ~200-300 pages and look for pictures of conkies you like and when you find one grab the files for it! (we usually post them together) it's much easier to fine tune a conky than it is to completely write one for you from scratch without knowing what you want/like.

When you have some ideas on what you want displayed on the screen we can help to get you up and runnning.
    || Kubuntu x86_64 (15.10 Dev.) || KDE 4.9.00 ||
    || Dell Inspiron 570 || 8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 RAM || AMD Phenom II X4 820 @ 2.8Ghz ||
    || Logitech M570 Trackball || Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard ||
    Conky: ... no such configuration: 'normal'

Beans

Hi all.

I upgraded to conky 1.8.0 yesterday and I have an issue.

My conky got... fatter by 5 pixels on every side, as shown in the pics.
    The difference is more noticeable if you take a look at the small gap between the panel (fbpanel, with the time display).

On the second pic I had to reduce the panel's size for more than 10 pixels in order to make conky place itself on the bottom right corner. The panel is 33 pixels tall and 1110 wide now (from 1120+).

My .conkyrc is this, and it has been the same in its main settings since 2007 that I started with conky 1.3 or so. I only change the layout.
    Code:
    background yes
    use_xft yes
    xftfont Verdana:bold:size=9
    xftalpha 1.0
    update_interval 5.0
    total_run_times 0
    color1 firebrick
    own_window yes
    own_window_type normal
    own_window_colour ededed
    #own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    border_margin 0
    double_buffer yes
    draw_shades no
    draw_outline no
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders no
    default_color black	
    default_shade_color black
    default_outline_color black
    alignment bottom_right
    cpu_avg_samples 5
    override_utf8_locale yes
    use_spacer none
    gap_y 0
    gap_x 0
    #text_buffer_size 512
    maximum_width 150
    minimum_size 150 32

# Internet ip check 
    # ${execi 1800 curl -s http://whatismyip.org/}
    # Weather forecast 
    # ${execi 900 pymetar LGBL | grep Weather:}
    # Calendar (USE ONLY MONOTYPE FONTS)
    # ${font DejaVu Sans Mono:size=10}${pre_exec cal}
    # Cpu sensors readout script
    # {execi sensors | grep "Core 0" | cut -c15-16}C
    # Eortologio rss feed
    # ${rss http://www.eortologio.gr/rss/si_el.xml 300 item_titles 1}
    # Accuweather rss feed
    # ${rss http://rss.accuweather.com/rss/liveweather_rss.asp?metric=1&locCode=EUR|GR|GR038|VOLOS 300 item_titles 1}

TEXT
     sda $color1${hddtemp /dev/sda}C$color $alignr core0 $color1${execi 5 sensors | grep "Core 0" | cut -c15-16}C $color
     $color1$uptime_short$color $alignr core1 $color1${execi 5 sensors | grep "Core 1" | cut -c15-16}C $color
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

With 1.8 border_margin is no longer working.

You must use
    Code:
    border_inner_margin 0
    border_outer_margin 0
    Linux Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12.10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Lenovo T61, Intel X3100, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
    Linux user No.: 483055 | My Conky Pitstop corner | One4All project

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hi!

I was searching the web for solution of displaying mounted removable drives in Conky dynamically and found nothing. I mean you connect unknown drive to the system and Conky displays drive info when it's mounted. When you disconnect or unmount the drive, info disappears. So i wrote little bash script for Conky myself.
    It's based on reading of /media directory, where Ubuntu makes mount points of connected file systems. First line of script reads list of mounted file systems from /media and you can exclude those permanently mounted, if you want - that's the sed command. Volume name is cutted down to 7 chars (name="${line:0:7}"). In addition i draw diskiograph over fsbar, so you have info about disk activity too. The script contains also formating for conky, change it to fit your Conky.

removable-drives.sh
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash

list=`ls -1 /media/|sed -e 's/cdrom0//' -e 's/sda4//' -e 's/cdrom//' -e 's/H160//' -e 's/S80//' -e 's/home//' -e 's/H500//'|sed '/^$/d'`
    if [ "$list" ]; then {
       echo "$list" | while read line   
    	do name="${line:0:7}"
    	   device=`mount|grep "$line"|awk '{print $1}'`
     echo '${color 030}${fs_bar 14,309 /media/'$line'}
    ${voffset -27}${diskiograph '$device' 14,309 000000 00dd00}${color}
    ${goto 5}${voffset -21}$font' $name '${goto 70}${fs_type /media/'$line'}${goto 119}${fs_size /media/'$line'}${goto 184}${fs_free_perc /media/'$line'}%${goto 224}${fs_free /media/'$line'}${voffset 1}'
         done	}
    else {
         echo '${voffset -3}' 
         exit
         }
    fi
    echo '${voffset -5}'
    Code for Conky:
    Code:
    ${execp /path/to/the/script}
    My Conky screenshots
    Last edited by George dH; April 19th, 2010 at 11:34 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by George dH View Post
    Hi!

I was searching the web for solution of displaying mounted removable drives in Conky dynamically and found nothing. I mean you connect unknown drive to the system and Conky displays drive info when it's mounted. When you disconnect or unmount the drive, info disappears. So i wrote little bash script for Conky myself.
    It's based on reading of /media directory, where Ubuntu makes mount points of connected file systems. First line of script reads list of mounted file systems from /media and you can exclude those permanently mounted, if you want - that's the sed command. Name of the fs is cutted down to 7 chars (awk '{print substr ($0,1,7)}'). In addition i draw diskiograph over fsbar, so you have info about disk activity too. The script contains also formating for conky, change it to fit your Conky.
    Nice, at 1st sight it looks more usable then ${if_mounted ...} because you need to know the mountpoint's name in advance and automatically mounted stuff changes it's name often (after re-formating my camera's SD card for example).

Page 1244 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 2447441144119412341242124312441245124612541294134417442244 ... LastLast