Page 1173 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1736731073112311631171117211731174117511831223127316732173 ... LastLast
Results 11,721 to 11,730 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Thumbs down Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by dmillerct View Post
    This is quite impressive Crinos, I love the ring indicator in the top right. It is functional and looks clean. Great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahngiel View Post
    +1 Crinos. Very clever use.
    Thank you guys! I'll try to upload some config files soon so you can see what I did there.

|| Kubuntu x86_64 (15.10 Dev.) || KDE 4.9.00 ||
    || Dell Inspiron 570 || 8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 RAM || AMD Phenom II X4 820 @ 2.8Ghz ||
    || Logitech M570 Trackball || Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard ||
    Conky: ... no such configuration: 'normal'

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Crinos512 View Post
    ${execpi 3600 ~/.conky/conkyparts/conkymoon.sh}
    Thanks for the moon script.

Anyone else know how I can make it change to display the current SOHO sun image at the forecast sunrise time, and change back to the moon phase image at the forecast sunset time?

Beans

Hey everyone, i was wondering if someone can help with my offset/goto issue. i think the 2 images should explain things and ive included the relevant section as well (on winblows pc so im going to attach file to prevent errors, sorry)

(good) (annoying)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by merlin_ie View Post
    Hey everyone, i was wondering if someone can help with my offset/goto issue. i think the 2 images should explain things and ive included the relevant section as well (on winblows pc so im going to attach file to prevent errors, sorry)

(good) (annoying)
    Well, $offset is like using the <TAB> button, where you are pushing the next tag or string of text x amount of pixels away. $goto tells the next string where to start in space.

I.e. Blah ${offset 10} yo would equal something like "Blah(10 pixel difference)yo".
    Problem here is, if 'blah' changes because it's a percentage or whatever, "yo" will move accordingly to the amount of the offset
    i.e. "Bla(10 pixels)yo" - and your alignment would be off.

i.e. Blah ${goto 100} yo would place "Blah" At the place in line according to the amount of variables before it, and "yo" would be 100 pixels from the margin of the left.

Make sense?

Furthermore: you can keep all your text on one line without the $voffset, try this.
    Code:
    ${goto 730}Name ${color8}${goto770}${top name 1}${color}${goto 910}Name ${color8}${goto 950}${top_mem name 1}${color}
    ${goto 730}Cpu ${color8}${goto 767}${top cpu 1}${color}${goto 910}Cpu ${color8}${goto 947}${top_mem cpu 1}${color}
    ${goto 730}Mem ${color8} ${goto 770}${top mem 1}${color}${goto 910}Mem ${color8} ${goto 947}${top_mem mem 1}${color}
    This will ensure that you don't have unnecessary empty lines at the bottom do to lots of negative vofsetting
    Last edited by Mahngiel; January 23rd, 2010 at 07:23 PM.
    Ubuntu User #29918 | Linux User #501271 |

Beans

Well, $offset is like using the <TAB> button, where you are pushing the next tag or string of text x amount of pixels away. $goto tells the next string where to start in space.

I.e. Blah ${offset 10} yo would equal something like "Blah(10 pixel difference)yo".
    Problem here is, if 'blah' changes because it's a percentage or whatever, "yo" will move accordingly to the amount of the offset

i.e. Blah ${goto 100} yo would place "Blah" At the place in line according to the amount of variables before it, and "yo" would be 100 pixels from the margin of the left.

Make sense?
    well, now that i think on it, i guess its not the offset thats the problem, but the goto. i even tried alignr 100 but that gave me pretty much same issues (not at home now to test things, this is from memory)
    Last edited by merlin_ie; January 23rd, 2010 at 07:21 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by mobilediesel View Post
    The CCCC-CC or:
    Collaborative Creative Conky Community - Creative Commons.
    Aha! Finally... I've been wondering what "C4" meant.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by merlin_ie View Post
    well, now that i think on it, i guess its not the offset thats the problem, but the goto. i even tried alignr 100 but that gave me pretty much same issues (not at home now to test things, this is from memory)
    The solution is some pages back (past month or so). You need to add a leading zero (or a ${offset x} that takes the space of a zero) when the value is below 10.

I'll see if I can find the post.

Here you are.

Problem: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...93#post8446593
    Answers are below it.
    Last edited by miegiel; January 23rd, 2010 at 09:05 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Make sense?

Furthermore: you can keep all your text on one line without the $voffset, try this.
    Code:
    ${goto 730}Name ${color8}${goto770}${top name 1}${color}${goto 910}Name ${color8}${goto 950}${top_mem name 1}${color}
    ${goto 730}Cpu ${color8}${goto 767}${top cpu 1}${color}${goto 910}Cpu ${color8}${goto 947}${top_mem cpu 1}${color}
    ${goto 730}Mem ${color8} ${goto 770}${top mem 1}${color}${goto 910}Mem ${color8} ${goto 947}${top_mem mem 1}${color}
    This will ensure that you don't have unnecessary empty lines at the bottom do to lots of negative vofsetting
    I had an idea for the conky devs that relates to your issue. I was thinking that we should be able to define positions above TEXT in the configuration the same way we define colors.

This way in our configurations we could just say ${goto position1} ${goto position2} etc. In addition to goto I think it would quite helpful if we could use align in reference to the same positions, I.E. ${alignc position1}.

Just food for thought.
    Registered Ubuntu User #29430

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Crinos512 View Post
    I don't see the feh code in any of those configs....

it needs to be in one of them.
    AAAAAAAAAA HAAA! Not being a KDE type and needing feh I totally missed that.

Totally understandable if I do say so myself.

CHIMO!
    Bruce

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm baaaaaack!

I had to switch back to Ubuntu. Kubuntu's has some really nice features, but I guess I'm too used to Ubuntu.

Anyway, my weather conky's acting rather strange. Whenever it starts, it looks pretty good but then it "jumps" and shrinks down to about half it's original size. I've been working on it for about 2 hours, but I can't figure out why it does that. I'll post the code and hope someone sees something that I'm missing.

Code:
    # UBUNTU-CONKY.

# Update interval in seconds
    update_interval 1.0

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
    own_window yes
    #own_window_colour 000000 # Black
    own_window_type override #try also 'normal' or 'desktop' 
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
    double_buffer yes

text_buffer_size 6144 # large buffer needed

max_specials 800
    max_user_text 4000

# Minimum size of text area
    #minimum_size 1280
    #maximum_width 1280

draw_shades no
    draw_outline no # amplifies text if yes
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders no

use_xft yes
    xftalpha 0.9
    xftfont Candera:size=8
    uppercase no
    override_utf8_locale yes
    use_spacer no

stippled_borders 3
    border_margin 0
    border_width 0

# Gap between borders of screen and text
    gap_x 5
    gap_y 5

# Default colors and also border colors, grey90 == #e5e5e5
    default_color grey
    color1 orange

#	colours below used by colorize script
    color7 lightblue
    color8 yellow
    color9 red

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
    #alignment top_left
    #alignment top_right
    alignment bottom_left
    #alignment bottom_right
    #alignment top_middle

TEXT

${voffset -50}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USNC0204 --template=/home/peter1/Conky/scripts/conkyForecast.template}

Page 1173 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1736731073112311631171117211731174117511831223127316732173 ... LastLast