Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Football manager 2007

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Football manager 2007

Good Job zarathustra!

However, I'm still having a few problems with Wine & FM. I've installed latest Wine (0.9.24), and have installed Java for Wine as suggested. Football Manager 2007 installed - although only using the -console switch for the setup, which was a new experience. However, now when I attempt to run fm.exe, the following errors occur.

Code:
    err:module:import_dll Library ntoskrnl.exe (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\drivers\\SECDRV.SYS") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\windows\\system32\\drivers\\SECDRV.SYS" failed, status c0000135
    err:module:import_dll Library ntoskrnl.exe (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\drivers\\SECDRV.SYS") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\windows\\system32\\drivers\\SECDRV.SYS" failed, status c0000135
    Any ideas? Tried a bit of googling, but to no joy.
    $

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Good Job zarathustra!

However, I'm still having a few problems with Wine & FM. I've installed latest Wine (0.9.24), and have installed Java for Wine as suggested. Football Manager 2007 installed - although only using the -console switch for the setup, which was a new experience. However, now when I attempt to run fm.exe, the following errors occur.

Code:
    Any ideas? Tried a bit of googling, but to no joy.
    $
    This is a problem with Wine not emulating the copy protection software properly. The only way to get round it is to use a no-CD patch. There's questions of legality but as long as you own your own copy I don't think there's much of a problem.

Beans

so have the slow 2d pitch issues been fixed? ie, can i watch a 2d match at a reasonable speed rather than the 2-3fps in the old football manager/ wine version.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2hott2k View Post
    so have the slow 2d pitch issues been fixed? ie, can i watch a 2d match at a reasonable speed rather than the 2-3fps in the old football manager/ wine version.
    I haven't had any problems with it, I've been able to see my teams thrashed at full speed!

Beans

YAS!!!! finally, been waiting ages for fm to work properly in wine , will be chuffed to bits if the 2d pitch is working

Beans

right 2d pitch works ACE, however can't see a cursor, which is pretty annoying

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2hott2k View Post
    right 2d pitch works ACE, however can't see a cursor, which is pretty annoying
    Try setting it to Windows 98.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by zarathustra View Post
    This is a problem with Wine not emulating the copy protection software properly. The only way to get round it is to use a no-CD patch. There's questions of legality but as long as you own your own copy I don't think there's much of a problem.
    Copied the no-cd patch over fine, the game starts up and everything is peachy. Except I have no mouse pointer
    I could play the game like this, since most clickable places have either tooltips or highlight when the (invisible) mouse cursor is over them. I'd just be really slow compared to normal zipping around with a visible mouse cursor.
    Just wondering if you encountered this problem (and if so how did you solve it? )
    EDIT: Just saw your replies to this problem that had been posted earlier but hadn't been reloaded into my browser. Win98 fixed it beautifully cheers!!

Code:
    fixme:cursor:create_cursor Currently no support for cursors with 32 bits per pixel
    cheers loads for all your help so far!!

$
    Last edited by skinny; November 11th, 2006 at 03:12 PM.

Beans

cheers guys, the setting to win98 mode works a treat , finally fm works in wine like it should, can finally ditch vmware.

Beans
    Hidden!

Does the FM2007 editor work fine too? I am also curious about what happens when a patch is released? Can it be applied ok?

John
    If someone tells you to sudo rm -rf ANYTHING, then DO NOT DO IT!

Don't run any command with rm in it unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast