Search button-> mouse wheel click
There is no mouse wheel click on the MX Revolution. One option is to bind it to the search button (below the top mouse wheel). The next step, by MonkeyWrench32
, shows you how to do this.
1. Download this compiled version of mvmouse
. Special thanks to audax321. It was compiled under Breezy but it works with Edgy just fine (and it should for Dapper as well).
2. Open the terminal, navigate to where you downloaded mvmouse.tar.gz, and issue these commands:
tar xvzf mvmouse.tar.gz sudo mv mvmouse /usr/bin/
3. Install xbindkeys if you haven't already done so:
sudo aptitude install xbindkeys
4. Make an .xbindkeysrc file in your home directory:
cd ~ gedit .xbindkeysrc
5. Paste this into gedit:
"mvmouse +0 +0 2 &" c:122
7. Now, press Alt+F2 and run "xbindkeys".
8. Finally, add "xbindkeys" to your sessions so it begins on startup (System -> Preferences -> Sessions).