Thread: HalfLife 2 Portal / Narbacular Drop!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Arrow HalfLife 2 Portal / Narbacular Drop!

Hi

No doubt you've seen the videos on Google for Valves new Portal game based on the HalfLife 2 engine.

Well! if you cant wait to have a go, you might like to try this old game thats was released as freeware, it called Narbacular Drop and you can download it here:
    Code:
    http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/23503
    It runs under wine and seems to only play at 640x480 resolution. If you get it to work at others please post your info here.

Mike

Beans

Re: HalfLife 2 Portal / Narbacular Drop!

For some reason I can't get this working. White squares show up where the menu items should be and the hallway in the menu screen has blank, untextured walls. Otherwise my graphics setup works fine...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Mine works fine, waaaay too dark in some parts and the portal eye flames are huge flickering orbs instead. (btw. I know this is the wrong look because I ran it on my old windows pc

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I believe that portal for the PC and Team Fortress 2 that comes with it in the orange box have been made to work fine under Wine. This game is alright but I'd rather just buy the Orange Box and play the better game. Sorry, but I don't have a link to the thread
    <>< <--- It's a fish