View Poll Results: Which Kubuntu Logo us Superior?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Current One

12 54.55%
  • Naralas's New One

7 31.82%
  • Naralas's New One But... (suggest change)

3 13.64%
  • MINE!! (Please post)

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I wont use Kubuntu (And How Easy It Is to Fix)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Why I wont use Kubuntu (And How Easy It Is to Fix)

Well let me intrigue you all to continue reading by saying that this is probably the most idiotic, pointless, and weird complaint about an operating system that you are ever likely to see. It has nothing to do with its technical specs, its politics, or its developers.

So what else is there left to complain about? THIS!!:
    (Image is temporarily hosted so if this thread lasts very long, which i doubt, it may not show. Its just the kubuntu logo)

It infuriates me to no end! Those little stupid gears! You don't make the detailed part of the logo as the small part, it offsets everything... it looks like someone ate three KDE logos and the ubuntu logo then puked it out on my screen. I actually am not using Kubuntu (despite the fact that i love the KDE more than Gnome) simply because of my hatred for this logo (which is constantly shoved in my face when i try use Kubuntu)!

Now I assume that you origionally tried for a logo like what I just attempted, which was to make the gear the centerpiece and then put the regular dots around it, and yes, breaking the circle into three pieces on a gear is almost impossible... but so what? You don't even use the same number of spokes(if thats the correct term) as the KDE logo anyway. Change it up, leave a few blank spokes something...

Now, I am just one crazy person who you would make very happy if you tweaked your ugly logo, but I may have caught something.

Anyone agree with me or think I'm being totally unreasonable? I mean, if you honestly think the logo does nothing to the product then why not just change it to make one weird person happy and everyone else should go “meh”? and if you think it does something for the project well then once again: Kubuntu is suffering compared to Ubuntu despite the fact that it uses KDE (which is arguably the more familiar of the two to windows users) versus the less familiar Gnome, and blue (one of the worlds most common favorite colors) versus the overkill of my favorite color orange found on Ubuntu (which is irritating because you have to change like 8 individual settings to get away from the orangeness!!!!). So why is KDE getting so much less love on Ubuntu than everywhere else? Personally I've met loooooooads of people who let little things like that get under there skins, some of them admit it, some of them wont even notice it.

Anyway, I now cast ao rant

PLEASE CHANGE YOUR LOGO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BEFORE I DRIVE MYSELF CRAZY! MY FAVORITE LINUX DISTRO IS KEEPING ME AWAY FROM MY LOVE!

Beans

Re: Why I wont use Kubuntu (And How Easy It Is to Fix)

lol, well all i can say is that if it really bothers you that much, then you ought to create a new one and submit it as part of artwork for edgy +1. The artwork team is all volunteers, I think, and you could probably join if you felt like it. it doesnt personally bother me that much. it looks kinda weird, yeah, but i've never thought about it before.

There's lots of reasons why Kubuntu is not as highly touted as Ubuntu, but i'd rather not go into that here, or the discussion will spout into something else entirely. I personally use Kubuntu.

Beans

I hate Konqui more than the gears.
    But I mean no harm nor put fault
    On anyone that lives in a vault
    But it's alright, Ma, if I can't please him.

Beans

[faints] i love it ah well. why do you hate it exactly?

[cringes] trying not to divert the thread too much

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by IYY View Post
    I hate Konqui more than the gears.
    Konqui and the gears are almost a perfect match - they're both ugly (to my taste!)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

You can rant and rave and get frustrated....orrrr....you can change the icon on the K menu.

The usplash doesn't use the gears (in edgy at least), neither does the default splash or login. The only thing that does (afaik) is the K menu button. SO change the icon. Or put KBFX on. Or Kickoff. Or something.

And breathe.
    Bean Count!=Knowledge (see above)
    Microsoft gives you windows, linux gives you the whole house

Beans

You do realize you don't need to install kubuntu just to get kde. You can just install the kde stuff. I'm using kde-core and don't have branding.

Beans
    Hidden!

i was going to say this was 'retarded', but it sounds a lot like a reason i wouldn't use something (in fact, i think i hated gnome for a while just because of that stupid foot).

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

ou don't even use the same number of spokes(if thats the correct term) as the KDE logo anyway.
    The correct term is teeth, I believe.
    Since I get asked alot, I am originally from Ukraine but am Russian by nationality. My nick means specter in Russian.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Naralas
    I actually am not using Kubuntu (despite the fact that i love the KDE more than Gnome) simply because of my hatred for this logo (which is constantly shoved in my face when i try use Kubuntu)!
    do your reasons for liking/preferring kde have similar 'logic'?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast