Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: using konqueror

Beans

using konqueror

I've tried both konq and all the fox's/weasel's and have to say that I really like konqueror. However, I have a couple of problems with it....

primarily, extensions. At one point, a user posted on the forums that it was possible to use ff extensions in konqueror http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...94#post1520794 but i have never heard back from him (and kdeaddons.org doesnt exist) but if what he was saying was true, can someone point me in the right direction? If i could just have my precious google notebook extension. I also like AdBlock and DownThemAll but those aren't critical or anything. Google notebook is a must have forme. So if someone could point out how to get this done, i'd be grateful.

secondly, one thing that's been bugging me. Whenever I go to system places (icon) > Home, the items in konqueror show up in "icon view" and i have to change them to "detailed view" everytime. Does anyone know how to make detailed view stick? it's kind of a pain.

thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: using konqueror

i have the same concerns as you almost. i really want down them all or something similar. and also it always opens in widescreen size for me, and it never keeps the size that i resize it to, like firefox does.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmusician View Post
    secondly, one thing that's been bugging me. Whenever I go to system places (icon) > Home, the items in konqueror show up in "icon view" and i have to change them to "detailed view" everytime. Does anyone know how to make detailed view stick? it's kind of a pain.
    settings-->save view profile "profile management". from here you can also save the window size
    Imagination is more important than knowledge

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

well i'll be... thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!

No, you can't use Gecko extensions in Konqueror. Whoever told you that was mistaken. They depend on XUL. Thankfully, Konqueror doesn't use XUL. Most of what people install extensions for is supported in Konqueror out of the box though, plus much more that extensions don't match. There are extensions, available in the kdeaddons module for some added features for both web browsing and icon views.

As for the icon view problems, try saving your session after changing your icon view. If you want Konqueror to not keep a default icon view for your profile, open the profile's file in ~/.kde/share/apps/profiles/<filename>, find the line with the konq_<whatever>view and delete it. After I did that it uses whatever the last one you used was.

Beans

yes, thank you very much! now if someone could just tell me about those extensions...i'd be all over konqueror over heartbeat

i'll fix my flash issues later lol.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Well I like konq. too but I have also some view problems. It doesn't remember the view options for each folder. I want some folders in detailed view and other in icon view, which is no problem in Explorer/Nautilus/Finder, but it doesn't work in konqueror.

Beans

He might have been thinking kde-apps( http://kde-apps.org/ ).

"I also like AdBlock and DownThemAll"

It has adblock already just turn it on. You can grab a list and import it into konqueror.

For downloads you can try kget, i've never used downthemall so i'm not sure if it provides all the functions you need.

"the items in konqueror show up in "icon view" and i have to change them to "detailed view" everytime. Does anyone know how to make detailed view"

After you make your changes you have to save the profile(settings> save view profile).

I'll export my adblock list and try and attach it.->
    Last edited by kerry_s; October 29th, 2006 at 08:40 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfen Razormaw View Post
    No, you can't use Gecko extensions in Konqueror. Whoever told you that was mistaken. They depend on XUL. Thankfully, Konqueror doesn't use XUL. Most of what people install extensions for is supported in Konqueror out of the box though, plus much more that extensions don't match. There are extensions, available in the kdeaddons module for some added features for both web browsing and icon views.

As for the icon view problems, try saving your session after changing your icon view. If you want Konqueror to not keep a default icon view for your profile, open the profile's file in ~/.kde/share/apps/profiles/<filename>, find the line with the konq_<whatever>view and delete it. After I did that it uses whatever the last one you used was.
    already got the saving the view thing from slimdog. But it's a damn shame that i cant use my extensions. if you follow that link in my first post, the guy was pretty sure about what he was talking about. he said that firefox extensions dont usually use XUL and that people can write a script to make them usable in konqueror...I dunno, what he said made sense. But perhaps it was only science fiction.

:'( but i like konqueror so much..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kerry_s View Post
    He might have been thinking kde-apps( http://kde-apps.org/ ).

"I also like AdBlock and DownThemAll"

It has adblock already just turn it on. You can grab a list and import it into konqueror.

For downloads you can try kget, i've never used downthemall so i'm not sure if it provides all the functions you need.

"the items in konqueror show up in "icon view" and i have to change them to "detailed view" everytime. Does anyone know how to make detailed view"

After you make your changes you have to save the profile(settings> save view profile).

I'll export my adblock list and try and attach it.->
    i added it. dont really know if it worked (there was already a list in there. I just imported yours).

Really, the most important extension for me is google notebook. and SoundMachine said that it's just a combination of XML, HTML, and javascript, thus it can be used in Konqueror. and its really the only thing I care about taking to konqueror.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast