View Poll Results: Which do you prefer...?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apple iPod

77 36.67%
  • Microsoft Zune

23 10.95%
  • Neither, Thanks.

110 52.38%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Zune vs. Apple iPod

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Microsoft Zune vs. Apple iPod

Just been writing this rather lengthy news article, highlighting my (somewhat biased) Zune vs. iPod opinion.

What are your thoughts on the new iPod competition? Will Microsoft better the iPod? Or fail miserably?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: Microsoft Zune vs. Apple iPod

If it comes with BSoD, I'm defiently there.

Beans

Are they building the Zune in the FoxConn factory? If not they are light years ahead of iPod already....

can you play ogg vorbis on the Zune?, will you be able to run Linux on Zune?

*thread moved from the backyard to the cafe, I abstain from voting. (I wouldn't buy either one)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RAV TUX; October 8th, 2006 at 04:50 AM.

Beans

If someone manages a way to run Linux on it WITH wireless support that allows you to share songs infinitely, then yes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The Zune isn't going to make much headway. People are going to absolutely HATE how the songs that their friend sent to them disappear after two days. Plus, I don't know if Microsoft will be able to have a big enough marketing campaign to divert marketshare away from Apple.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Gotta love the 3" screen on the Zune and the built in wifi. If the Zune proves to be hackable to get Linux running on it like the ipod, then I would definitely get one.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

As long as ipod keeps compatibility with windows xp and vista ipod will be fine.

zune is going to be bought by 'Microsoft can do no wrong' fan boys.
    42 is not an anwser, it's an error code. the universe is saying 'Error 42: meaning to universe not found'
    Programmer, Teacher and Artist

Beans

Microsoft's Zune, definitely. It looks interesting. Microsoft has some pretty neat products.

As long as you can plug it in, and copy songs over to it with whatever file manager, then you can use it on any OS which supports removable USB/firewire/etc disks. So I'd be very happy to have one.

I'd rather have a Zune than an iPod, for sure.

Beans

Actually I think the "Verizon Chocolate" may have them both blown away, people will eventually get tired of having to lug around a cell phone and a Zune/iPod....

The future is a combination music player/cell phone(IMHO)....maybe? (I wouldn't buy any of the three options)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RAV TUX; October 8th, 2006 at 05:33 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm still waiting for my hand held spectrum analyser. nothing has been forthcomming so far

As for phones hmm, they already have poor quality cameras in them perhaps poor quality music playing is next? I don't know. I'd like to have a way to learn thai without a cd but to be honest I just don't have much faith in portable devices. they're always going wrong or your loosing the power adapter.
    42 is not an anwser, it's an error code. the universe is saying 'Error 42: meaning to universe not found'
    Programmer, Teacher and Artist

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast