Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who does XFCE the best?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: Who does XFCE the best?

Having only tried Zen Walk and Xubuntu, I really like Zen Walk.

Beans

I've tried Xubuntu beta & didn't like it as much as Ubuntu 6.06 with xfce installed:

Tony.
    Last edited by ahaslam; October 16th, 2006 at 11:12 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

SAM Linux is worth to try, it's PClinuxOS based distro which come with beryl/compiz... you can also try it from the live cd... it's possibly the fastest beryl/compiz i hace ever seen on my computers

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by diskotek View Post
    SAM Linux is worth to try, it's PClinuxOS based distro which come with beryl/compiz... you can also try it from the live cd... it's possibly the fastest beryl/compiz i hace ever seen on my computers
    Agreed! I am on the development team for SAM, so I am almost obligated to say this, but SAM made me love Xfce when I had never been a big fan before, so a big +1 for SAM.
    Desktop: AMD Athlon64 X2 3600+, Nvidia 8600GT, 3GB RAM, 80GB hd, Windows 7 Beta
    Lappy: Sony Vaio FW-140E, Intel P8400 2.26Ghz, 3GB Ram, 250GB HD, Intel x4500MHD, Windows 7 Beta & Kubuntu 8.10 w/ KDE 4.2

Beans

Personally, I like Ubuntu with vanilla xfce.. although Zenwalk looks interesting I will have to try it out someday
    [blog] | [current screenie] | [-fallen kernel patchset]
    "I feel alive, when you're beside me"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

SAM Linux and DreamLinux
    The limits of my language mean the limits of my world

Beans

Of the ones I've tried (sam, dreamlinux, zenwalk, xubuntu) I'd say Zenwalk is the best insofar as staying true to the principles of speed, functionality and simplicity.

If you want a fully featured desktop but just faster than KDE and GNOME but not necessarily having the raging speed of Zenwalk I'd recommend SAM.

Dreamlinux showed a lot of promise when I tried it but had some things to iron out in my experience.

Xubuntu is a bit.. meh in comparison to the others. Alright, but it doesn't make the most of XFCE or ubuntu imo. Kinda caught between two stools.
    Learning Linux - my blog about getting to the bottom of my Debian system.

Beans

Some people say that SAM really puts a nice spin on it, but I'd say Zenwalk because I've never used SAM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I'd have to say that Copland has the best XFCE because I'm biased But I'll acknowledge that Copland's XFCE has some serious bugs, so I vote for Zenwalk.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast