Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install IceWeasel Web browser in Dapper or Edgy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: HOWTO: Install IceWeasel Web browser in Dapper or Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by MustangSallydd View Post
    Hi Kilz! I downloaded your link to i386 and when package installer opened I got error message: This package might be corrupted or you are not allowed to open the file. Check the permissions of the file What would I do now?
    Im going to upload the file, its possible something got messed up when uploading.
    Quote Originally Posted by K.Mandla View Post
    I don't see an Iceweasel32 file in the 1.5.0.4 or 1.5.0.7 package. Is that something that kilz put into his/her deb?
    I made Iceweasel32 the package name for users of the amd64 version of Ubuntu. Signifing that it is a 32bit package in a 64bit system. Just as the 32bit firefox is named firefox32.
    It is also the location in a 64bit system of /usr/local/Iceweasel32 where on a i386 its placed in /usr/local/Iceweasel. It's also the name of the startup script in /usr/bin/ for a 64bit user, I know fatsheep runs the 64bit version .
    Just as a note, Im a him. I also like the firefox logo in this thread and will be using it for the next set of packages.
    Last edited by Kilz; October 10th, 2006 at 10:49 PM.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Is there a way to get the Iceweasel icon to replace the blank windows menu icon in the upper left corner of the browser?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Wink Re: HOWTO: Install IceWeasel Web browser in Dapper or Edgy

let's try iceweasel. hope that iceweasel 2 comes up!
    Linux Counter #382246 -

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by nuzzy View Post
    Is there a way to get the Iceweasel icon to replace the blank windows menu icon in the upper left corner of the browser?
    i'm asking my self the same question as you nuzzy. that icon looks damn ugly!! and iceweasel didn't work when i tries to run it in alt-f2.

is there any way to fix those 2 horrors??? sorry errors....

and another question. firefox extensions work in iceweasel??

nrayever
    Linux Counter #382246 -

Quote Originally Posted by nrayever View Post
    firefox extensions work in iceweasel??
    I have yet to run into an extension that didn't work, but I only use about four.

As far as changing out that corner icon ... I really don't know. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com

Beans

it is stramnge cuz you will get the same errors as you would get from firefox but it says iceweasel. I think extentions and themes have no clue it is different.
    may the forces of evil become confused on the way to your mail server

beerorkid.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by K.Mandla View Post
    As far as changing out that corner icon ... I really don't know. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
    I haven't had much experience in programming linux applications, but from my windows experience, that icon would be based on an internal icon/image resource built into the binary of the application. In other words, in order for it to use that icon, the person doing the development of the package would have to include that as an image resource somewhere within the app.

Please correct me if I am wrong! But hopefully that answers your question?

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

BTW...for those that got used to middle clicking to close a tab like I did...and considering that iceweasel doesn't include this ability...theres an extension for it:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/260/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wislon View Post
    I haven't had much experience in programming linux applications, but from my windows experience, that icon would be based on an internal icon/image resource built into the binary of the application. In other words, in order for it to use that icon, the person doing the development of the package would have to include that as an image resource somewhere within the app.

Please correct me if I am wrong! But hopefully that answers your question?
    In Firefox, the icon can be changed by changing the image file, there is a script somewhere on this forum which does this (restore_mozilla_icons changes the icons to the official mozilla icons).
    The window corner icon is a default icon for gnome i think, so it shouldnt be in the iceweasel binary.
    Maybe the current code doesn't look for a specific Iceweasel icon though, and just takes the default application icon (just a guess)?

Quote Originally Posted by wislon View Post
    That's kind of what I suspected. I hadn't the experience or the proof of it, but it seemed logical.

I'm guessing once the Gnuzilla team settles on icons, they'll appear in the corner.
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast