Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: HOWTO: Epson Perfection 1670 Scanner (and other SnapScan scanners)

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Epson Perfection 1670 Scanner (and other SnapScan scanners)

I'm on 10.10 and I suspected that my solution was unlikely to be the solution for others, which was the reason for not posting it in the first place. Finally I decided to post it anyway since it may help someone. Checking the hardware may be the first thing to do, but I was completely misled by the behaviour of the scanner working flawlessly in Ubuntu after having run Windows. Obviously, the USB communication in Ubuntu was good enough for the scanning process but not for loading scanner firmware. Difficult to say if Franko30 or Grafen even have the same problem, i.e. that it is the firmware upload that fails. At least ndaneau seems to have the firmware upload issue, would be interesting to hear of any progress from you?

Beans

Well, connecting directly, without hub, didn't work. I've also wasted enough time on this issue googling some solution, so I've decided just to get rid of this not linux-friendly piece of hardware. Never will buy anything Epson-branded anymore.

Beans

thank you sir i dowloaded a driver for windows intalled scanner then copied the driver dowloaded (18 mo) on the partition with ubuntu i restarted the computer in ubuntu (i have dual boot w7and ubuntu) and now the scanner epson perfection 1670 is working thank you for your help.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nebhead77 View Post
    I was able to resolve the issue with my Epson Perfection 1670 on my install of Intrepid (Intel 32-Bit) by installing the deb files from the following website: http://www.arakhne.org/epson/index.html

More specifically from here: http://download.tuxfamily.org/arakhn...on-perfection/

Good luck!
    worked for me as well on natty.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567