Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Epson Perfection 1670 Scanner (and other SnapScan scanners)

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Epson Perfection 1670 Scanner (and other SnapScan scanners)

Re: scanner script
    I found the script and attached it here:
    http://ubuntu-utah.ubuntuforums.org/...06#post7093606

Note that it won't work any more, but I guess you can figure out how to install the firmware for your scanner. I also posted a link where you can get the right firmware. The instructions how to install it can be found in the thread.

Can you post something in the thread to let everyone know if it worked or not?

Greetz,

Bernard

Quote:
    Originally Posted by malahavock
    I'm pretty sure it is.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bernardfrancois
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by malahavock
    I would like to take you up on the offer of a scanner script. I am new to ubuntu and am at a loss as to how to get my Acer 3300u to work. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Do you know if it's a snapscan-type scanner? Otherwise it may not work...

I'll check this evening if I can find the script.

Greetz,

Bernard

I personally could not get this to work, but i found a great deal on a hp AIO officejet 6500. Which works like a champ, by the way.

Beans

Crazy behaviour of my EPSON Perfection 2580 PHOTO. FYI, I did it the same way as described in the first post of this thread.

My lsusb says:

Code:
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04b8:011f Seiko Epson Corp. Perfection 1670
    But it's a 2580 PHOTO!

The rest is working. xsane is finding my scanner, the scanner is even reacting when I try to scan a preview, but it remains empty. So does a full scanned image.

This happens with esfw30 and esfw41.

Ideas? Anyone?

Beans

Talking Re: HOWTO: Epson Perfection 1670 Scanner (and other SnapScan scanners)

Thank you, Remix_88!
    Another Epson Perfection 1670 is now working OK, under Debian Lenny.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [quote=Remix_88;131852]HOWTO: Epson Perfection 1670 Scanner

The scanner firmware comes in a file called ESFW30.BIN, which apparently is only available if you install the software on the CD-ROM provided with the scanner. Unfortunately, the software only installs under Windows and then you have to copy the software from the Windows machine to the linux machine. Or you can follow this simple process to download the firmware (provided by Jeff Silverman) and then update your /etc/sane/saned.conf

Code:
    $ wget http://www.commercialventvac.com/~jeffs/ESFW30.BIN
    $ sudo cp ESFW30.BIN /etc/sane.d
    Edit /etc/saned.d/snapscan.conf and change the line...

firmware /path/to/your/firmware/file.bin

...to point to /etc/sane.d/ESFW30.BIN

Code:
    $ scanimage -L
    You should see that your scanner is now detected. If so, you can now scan using XSane.

Beans

Hi
    i have agfa snapscan 1212u scanner. i installed ubuntu 9.10 on my laptop. at first i used my scanner ( i scanned 50 pages. but after i restarted my laptop, it didn't work. When i want to open xscane, it shows this screen

pls help
    Last edited by pluseagle; November 29th, 2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: edit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Red face Re: HOWTO: Epson Perfection 1670 Scanner (and other SnapScan scanners)

Hi,

I'm using a Epson Perfection 1670 under Ubuntu 9.10.

I didn't made any special trick to install it, it was working out of the box! Almost magic!
    BUT... after that the first use, got some issue... I'm actually in dual-boot with Windows XP (where the scanner work too).
    When booting Ubuntu after using Windows, the scanner is OK.
    When booting Ubuntu after using Ubuntu (what i do most of the time), the scanner doesn't work, Xsane can't find it.

Thanks for any help as this is one of the last thing i need to fix before deleting the Windwos partition!

Nico

Beans

Thumbs up Re: HOWTO: Epson Perfection 1670 Scanner (and other SnapScan scanners)

Ubuntu 10.04 here. Recognized Epson 1670 scanner when I plugged in (appears in simple scan settings) but refused to scan. After applying steps in first post I can now enjoy my scanner. Thank you very much!

Beans

I have the same problem as ndaneau with my Epson Perfection 660 - it works if I first run Windows XP but otherwise not. I think it used to work perfectly a few Ubuntu versions ago, but since I'm not using the scanner frequently I don't know when I lost the functionality. Any advice from anyone?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GH68 View Post
    I have the same problem as ndaneau with my Epson Perfection 660 - it works if I first run Windows XP but otherwise not. I think it used to work perfectly a few Ubuntu versions ago, but since I'm not using the scanner frequently I don't know when I lost the functionality. Any advice from anyone?
    I've got exactly the same problem! But I don't have win anymore Please, someone, help!

Beans

I obviously forgot to post my solution, probably because it seemed unrelated to the actual topic. It turned out that Linux was more picky with the USB interface and did not work when using my USB hub. When connecting the scanner directly to a USB port on the PC, everything works fine. I don't know if more recent versions are more picky or if my hardware degenerated over time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by GH68 View Post
    When connecting the scanner directly to a USB port on the PC, everything works fine

Hi,

this doesn't work for me since 9.04 or so - I'm now on 10.04

Cheers

Franko30

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast