Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: How-to: Installing Torrent-Flux

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: How-to: Installing Torrent-Flux

I've never used torrentflux-b4rt, but it looks like quite a nice extension of the torrentflux code. It looks like it's easier to install than normal torrentflux, because it includes a "setup.php" script that you can run (it appears in a web-browser) to guide you through many of the install steps.

Or, you can install it manually. Inside the tarball that you download from http://tf-b4rt.berlios.de/ there is a file called "INSTALL" that gives brief instructions. As you'll see, this how-to is still mostly applicable. So I would say if you use this how-to and the provided INSTALL file, you should be able to install it easily.

(The file also has instructions for upgrading a standard torrentflux install.)

If you run into any problems, I'd be happy to make suggestions, but like I said I've never actually tried using torrentflux-b4rt.

Beans
    Hidden!

I am getting this error during install!

Code:
    Package configuration                                                           

┌────────────────────────┤ Configuring torrentflux ├────────────────────────┐  
     │                                                                           │  
     │ of any help, this was the error encountered:                              ↑  
     │                                                                           ▒  
     │ ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket    ▒  
     │ '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)                                         ▒  
     │                                                                           ▒  
     │ At this point, you have the option to retry or abort the operation. If    ▒  
     │ you choose "retry", you will be prompted with all the configuration       ▒  
     │ questions once more and another attempt will be made at performing the    ▒  
     │ operation. "retry (skip questions)" will immediately attempt the          ▒  
     │ operation again, skipping all questions.  If you choose "abort", the      ▒  
     │ operation will fail and you will need to downgrade, reinstall,            ▒  
     │ reconfigure this package, or otherwise manually intervene to continue     ▒  
     │ using it.  If you choose "ignore", the operation will continue, ignoring  ▮  
     │ further errors from dbconfig-common.                                      ↓  
     │                                                                              
     │                                  <Ok>                                        
     └───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
    Can anyone help?

Beans
    Hidden!

Ok so I think I'm getting somewhere but could still use some assistance.

I started again, From a command line system.

Code:
    sudo aptitude install torrentflux mysql-server
    At this screen go ok:
    Code:
     ┌────────────────────┤ Configuring libphp-adodb ├────────────────────┐     
         │                                                                    │     
         │ WARNING: include path for php has changed!                         │     
         │ libphp-adodb is no longer installed in /usr/share/adodb. New       │     
         │ installation path is now /usr/share/php/adodb.                     │     
         │ Please update your php.ini file. Maybe you must also change your   │     
         │ web-server configuraton.                                           │     
         │                               <Ok>                                 │     
         └────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
    Now this bit is what seems to be the headache:
    Code:
     │ torrentflux must have a database installed and configured before it can   │  
     │ be used.  If you like, this can be handled with dbconfig-common.          │  
     │ If you are an advanced database administrator and know that you want to   │  
     │ perform this configuration manually, or if your database has already      │  
     │ been installed and configured, you should refuse this option.  Details    │  
     │ on what needs to be done should most likely be provided in                │  
     │ /usr/share/doc/torrentflux.                                               │  
     │ Otherwise, you should probably choose this option.                        │  
     │ Configure database for torrentflux with dbconfig-common?                  │  
     │                    <Yes>                       <No>                       │  
    Selecting Yes ends up with an error??? So I carry on with No.

Then here select yes:
    Code:
     │ Remember that in order to activate the new configuration apache2 has to   │  
     │ be restarted. You can also restart apache2 by manually executing          │  
     │ invoke-rc.d apache2 restart.                                              │  
     │ Should apache2 be restarted?                                              │  
     │                    <Yes>                       <No>                       │  
    Now it does not work. I guested that this was because I had to select no to dbconfig-common. So based on the instructions from this guide I tried this:
    Code:
    mysql -uroot -p
     mysql> use mysql;
     mysql > INSERT INTO user (Host,User,Password) VALUES('localhost','torrentflux',PASSWORD('yourpassword'));
     mysql > GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP ON torrentflux.* TO 'torrentflux'@'localhost';
     mysql > exit;
    And then:
    Code:
    mysqladmin -utorrentflux -p create torrentflux
    mysql -uroot -p torrentflux < mysql_torrentflux.sql
    And then;
    Code:
    sudo nano /etc/torrentflux/config-db.php
    And put in the username, password, and database.
    Code:
    $dbuser='torrentflux';
    $dbpass='yourpassword';
    $dbname='torrentflux';
    $dbtype='mysq
    And now if works!!! It was not before!!! oh well if anyone else if having problems thats how I got around it.

This was Ubuntu Feisty - Command Line System Only.

Thanks
    Last edited by guysmiley25; May 11th, 2007 at 11:36 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I installed torrentflux, everything seems fine except that when i try to view the page, it downloads the php file... how do i fix this...?

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Diaz View Post
    I installed torrentflux, everything seems fine except that when i try to view the page, it downloads the php file... how do i fix this...?
    Typically the problem is that you do not have php installed, or perhaps not activated. Make sure you have the packages "php5" and "php5-mysql" installed. Once they are installed, you need to reload apache for this to take effect. You can either reboot your computer, or just type this in a terminal:
    Code:
    sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
    (enter your passwrod when prompted)

If you go to the first post in this thread (the howto), go to step 1. Make sure you have those packages installed, and try that test page I suggested.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I just tried your suggestion, but the test.php page tries to download the php file, and the torrentflux page still tries to make me download the file, so I assume php is not installing correctly...

Also, when I go to remove torrent flux, and it asks to remove the torrentflux database, it gives an error that says the torrentflux database does not exist...
    Last edited by Diaz; May 20th, 2007 at 09:23 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

...bump, any chance of help?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

...bump, any chance of help?
    Just to be sure: You made sure that the "php5" package was installed, right? And then you restarted apache:
    sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

And yet PHP pages still do not parse?

If it's still not working, even with php5 installed, then you could try uninstalling and reinstalling php5. Any other details you could tell me about your setup might help (Ubuntu version? Apache 1.3 or 2? Does apache work at serving up normal HTML pages? etc.)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Yes, I installed php5 and restarted apache, I am using ubuntu 7.04 fiesty server, Apache 2, and Apache serves up normal http pages fine.

I'm thinking I might just go for a clean install and try again if it makes no sense.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Yes, I installed php5 and restarted apache, I am using ubuntu 7.04 fiesty server, Apache 2, and Apache serves up normal http pages fine.

I'm thinking I might just go for a clean install and try again if it makes no sense.
    A clean install is certainly an option. Removing and re-installing apache2 and php5 is also worth a try. Did you install php using the repositories (apt-get or synaptic or whatever)?

Check in the directory:
    /etc/apache2/mods-available
    Make sure you have:
    php5.conf
    php5.load

On my system these files look like:
    php5.conf
    Code:
    <IfModule mod_php5.c>
      AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml .php3
      AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
    </IfModule>
    php5.load
    Code:
    LoadModule php5_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so
    Then check in:
    /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/
    And make sure there are symlinks to those two files.

If those files exist, then I can't see why apache wouldn't be loading php (unless you changed the default search path apache uses...).

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast