Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu people ignoring major bugs

Beans

Ubuntu people ignoring major bugs

I mean, really. The cups IPP bug - making printing via IPP impossible - is known for MONTHS and nothing happens. The totem-xine bug is known and nothing happens. I see these bugs as rather major, still they get ignored. Isnt it in Ubuntu's best interest to avoid such mistakes and outshine MS in this regard? (They are known for not fixing major bugs). Or do all bugs go to edgy nowadays?

Beans

Re: Ubuntu people ignoring major bugs

I feel sorry for the devs. theres literally thousands of bugs and new ones submitted every minute. I cant wait for the day when i know enough to actually helps some.

Beans

I don't know what to say to this. Be it major or minor bug/hole, MS is always gonna get it, even if they patch it at some point. On linux on the other hand you got no right to complain about even major holes left long unpatched and still treat it equal or better to commercial OSs. Just shut up or start learning to code. Forget and forgive
    Thou shalt not kill -9

Beans

Ok, maybe I am unfair to the devs, they must be showered with bugs. But a little feedback would be nice. There are several threads about the IPP issue for example, someone saying "the devs know about this bug and are addressing it" would be very nice. Without this feedback it looks as if they ignore it.

Beans

It will be fixed when its fixed... general rule of thumb.

Please remember that no-one has ANY obligation to fix anything in ubuntu.

Its a wonder that we are where we are

When someone figures out what's wrong, works out how to fix it, and more importantly, HAS THE TIME, they will fix it. Maybe you could help

Pricey

Ok, maybe I am unfair to the devs, they must be showered with bugs. But a little feedback would be nice. There are several threads about the IPP issue for example, someone saying "the devs know about this bug and are addressing it" would be very nice. Without this feedback it looks as if they ignore it.
    I'd rather they devoted their time to bugs and improvements than changing their procedures.
    Every time you install Jaunty, a kitten........ wait sorry what year is this again?
    Please don't PM support questions, post a thread so that everyone can benefit
    Join us in #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net

Beans

Well it seems that it is fixed now.

But: https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu...sys/+bug/55828 according to this, the fix will not be included in dapper.... ever. Am I wrong?

Beans

On linux on the other hand you got no right to complain about even major holes left long unpatched and still treat it equal or better to commercial OSs. Just shut up or start learning to code. Forget and forgive
    Yeah! How dare we complain when software updates break the X server and dump us into a command line, or mess up the kernel and leave us with an unbootable system. Totally unreasonable of us.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by dv_ View Post
    I mean, really. The cups IPP bug - making printing via IPP impossible - is known for MONTHS and nothing happens. The totem-xine bug is known and nothing happens. I see these bugs as rather major, still they get ignored. Isnt it in Ubuntu's best interest to avoid such mistakes and outshine MS in this regard? (They are known for not fixing major bugs). Or do all bugs go to edgy nowadays?
    Sometimes it's frustrating, I guess it's something you get used to. One day bugs will be fixed, bugfixes should enter dapper as well.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Yeah! How dare we complain when software updates break the X server and dump us into a command line, or mess up the kernel and leave us with an unbootable system. Totally unreasonable of us.
    I completly agree! We're just not thinking about this in the right way. this isn't something which falls under the terms of selling a product. if you want paid support then you know what you must do. if you don't want the responsibility to fix your own computer with a little help from your friends then please just pay for the support where you can just throw blame arround until someone fixes it for you.

Volenteers do not deserve to get treat like employees.

P.S spelling errors found in this post.
    42 is not an anwser, it's an error code. the universe is saying 'Error 42: meaning to universe not found'
    Programmer, Teacher and Artist

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

omg he was being sarcastic!!

don't the ubuntu dev's get paid? I thought they did for some reason

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast