Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install basic G15Tools support for the Logitech G15

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install basic G15Tools support for the Logitech G15

Creating macros is covered on the g15tools.com website as well, but it's really simple. First you chose the macro-set you which to record to by pressing either M1, M2 or M3 on your keyboard. Then press the MR key to start recording, which should then start to glow. Press all the keys (slowly) which you would like to bind to a G-key. After you pressed all the keys, press the G-key you would like to bind it to. The display will tell you that it has actually saved the macro.

Strange thing I have encountered is that sometimes the recorded macros are remembered between different runs of g15macro, and sometimes they are lost between different runs. I'm not sure what causes this, but it seems the developers @ g15tools.com are not doing too much to this package so maybe I'll dive deeper into the program and see what I can do.

Beans

Thanks, MadEgg, your instructions worked flawlessly. Sorry, I couldn't test the package you created--I'm running 64bit.

I have two more questions, though. Is there a way I can stop the lcd from toggling?--and can I use my G keys to open programs without having Konsole open?

Thanks again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi there. I just installed everything 'g15 related' from synaptic, and found that it all pretty much works fine. That is, I can toggle between time/date modes or system info on the LCD. Also, for Rhythmbox, the media keys all work, except the 'stop' key lowers the volume (instead of stopping). Also, is there anyway to make the media keys work with other programs (esp Amarok and VLC)?

As far as making macros... it works fine I think, but with one problem: I want to macro "Alt_LF2geditReturn" for example, to run gedit... but it doesn't work. Even trying just "Alt_LF2" to bring up the run program box results in nothing. Is there a way to make this work? Thanks.
    Intel Core2duo 4400, 2ghz -- Intel DP965LT motherboard, onboard sound -- nVidia 8500GT (from MSI) 256MB -- 2gig ram

Beans

I have the same problem with the Super_L key

¿Someone have a solution?

Thanks all dudes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

*bump*

Still haven't figured out how to run programs with these keys... I've tried messing with xmodmap, and xev... the keys seem to have values associated with them--I can even assign them to shortcuts with xbindkeys-config... but they don't work! Surely someone has figured this out, no? Still hoping...

-mike
    Intel Core2duo 4400, 2ghz -- Intel DP965LT motherboard, onboard sound -- nVidia 8500GT (from MSI) 256MB -- 2gig ram

Beans

i have g15 and i have clock and xchat highlighter on it,
    where i can find config file what to edit to change lcd text,
    about uptime and everything???

i cant find that file..
    hope someone can help me.

sorry my bad english..

i use crunchbang but thats probalty same as ubuntu.

Beans

I've been stumped by the fact that g15macro was supposed to be running in order for the G keys to work. In all the reading I did, nowhere did I find anything that said that...or not that I saw.

Now, how do you get it to save the settings after you've programmed the G keys? The first time I did it, after a reboot, it didn't save, and I had to assign the G keys again.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Lummoxx; February 19th, 2009 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Found reason for problem.

Beans

Thumbs down Re: HOWTO: Install basic G15Tools support for the Logitech G15

Quote Originally Posted by MadEgg View Post
    Basic instructions to get this to work:

Code:
    mkdir ~/tmp
    cd ~/tmp
    wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/g15daemon/g15macro-1.0.3.tar.bz2
    wget http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=89419
    tar xjvf g15macro-1.0.3.tar.bz2
    bunzip2 g15macro-g15v2.patch.bz2
    cd g15-macro-1.0.3/
    patch -p1 < ../g15macro-g15v2.patch
    ./configure
    make
    make install
    This might not even work if you don't have the proper build tools installed, you need at least the build-essential package, and it depends on libg15daemon-client-dev and probably others to build.

Anyway, to make this all easier, I tried building an Ubuntu package with the patched binary in it. This is the first deb package I have ever build so I'm not sure if it will work for you, but you're free to try. I've attached the package to this post, so you can download that and install it by double clicking on it.

Please let me know whether it works or not if you try it!
    OMG

You are my good.

THANKS!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

how do i remove this package/daemon, because now im getting errors with apt-get

i keept getting this error:

Code:
    E: /var/cache/apt/archives/libg15-1_1.2.6-1_amd64.deb: trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libg15.so.1.0.0', which is also in package libg15
    Last edited by Predatorian; May 31st, 2009 at 12:03 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by Predatorian View Post
    how do i remove this package/daemon, because now im getting errors with apt-get

i keept getting this error:

Code:
    E: /var/cache/apt/archives/libg15-1_1.2.6-1_amd64.deb: trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libg15.so.1.0.0', which is also in package libg15
    Try
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove libg15
    or
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -r libg15
    Colin Dean
    ubuntu on rahab (amd64!), convoy, dartagnan, xubuntu on frog. oubuntu on m8i (openbox+xcompmgr). lfs on vojistilo. dd-wrt on foney, susie, link, tank. trustix on linuxbox.

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast