Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: driver for OKI B4100 printer

Beans

Unhappy Re: driver for OKI B4100 printer

Quote Originally Posted by Easterly Wind View Post
    Hi,

For all those owners of OKI B4100 printers and other lower models in B series, I composed a ppd file and attach it to this post.

I checked it works with Dapper and Breezy, might work with other distributions, doesn't work on FC5 (don't know why).

Basically, it's a heavily modified ppd for hp laserjet 6, and uses hpijs driver.

With the attached ppd you can use all OKI options, and you can set paper type, weight, 2 toner saver modes, tray/manual feed, etc.

With this ppd OKI prints at 600dpi. You can tell your printer to use 1200dpi too but hpijs doesn't support resolutions over 600dpi.

DON'T FORGET to switch off duplex printing in printer properties, otherwise each page you print will be followed by a blank one.

For those completely new to Ubuntu <like me >, download the attachment and double-click on it, then extract the .ppd file to a convenient location. Then go to System->Administration->Printing, Double-click on 'Add new printer', then follow instructions, when asked for printer model, click on 'install driver' and open your ppd file, then follow instructions again.
    Is there a way to get this to work on Mandriva? When I try to set up the printer and load it as a ppd file the helper application won't accept it.
    Thanks in advance

Beans

Re: driver for OKI B4100 printer

Hi ,
    Easterly Wind !

Thanks for giving information about printer driver , I am new for the Linux platform so i

have no idea about , how to connect printer to the computer with Linux OS ?

Laser Printers

Beans

it worked great with my oki b2200 too

Beans

Hey Guys,

I have, maybe a quite simple Question, but actually im stucked a bit..

I got a Speedport V900W Router. The Oki B4100 is connected on the USB Port there. Normally, with a Windows Operation System, i have to send my printing messages by network to the ip:631.
    According to this i tried it with Linux and it.. doesnt work ^^ Well, anyhone has a clue what the Problem might be?

Thanx,

Sigeuner

Beans

update
    Well, acutally i tried it with Port 9100 and - it works ^^
    Maybe s.o. can explain, why it works on Port 9100 and doesn't on 631 (Difference between Unix - Windows ? O.o )

-Sigeuner

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Easterly Wind View Post
    Hi,

For all those owners of OKI B4100 printers and other lower models in B series, I composed a ppd file and attach it to this post.

I checked it works with Dapper and Breezy, might work with other distributions, doesn't work on FC5 (don't know why).

Basically, it's a heavily modified ppd for hp laserjet 6, and uses hpijs driver.

With the attached ppd you can use all OKI options, and you can set paper type, weight, 2 toner saver modes, tray/manual feed, etc.

With this ppd OKI prints at 600dpi. You can tell your printer to use 1200dpi too but hpijs doesn't support resolutions over 600dpi.

DON'T FORGET to switch off duplex printing in printer properties, otherwise each page you print will be followed by a blank one.

For those completely new to Ubuntu <like me >, download the attachment and double-click on it, then extract the .ppd file to a convenient location. Then go to System->Administration->Printing, Double-click on 'Add new printer', then follow instructions, when asked for printer model, click on 'install driver' and open your ppd file, then follow instructions again.
    it works in karmic koala !! thanks

Beans

Thank you so much,

worked with my OKI B2200!

Thanx,

bookworm

Beans

This driver also worked for an OKI OKIdata B410d laser printer.
    The printer has duplex printing and it works fine although so far I have only tested with text files.

I am puzzled though as to why neither of the supplied ppd files work.
    There are 8 files but really 2 in 4 languages, so only 2 english. I tried both.

Can anyone explain why the supplied files don't work?

The symptom is one line printed per page starting with;
    %!PS-Adobe-3.0
    %%Title: PPR Test Page
    etc.

I did notice that the memory options in this file are 64 or 128Meg of ram. The printer spec say it comes with 32 Meg of ram. I added a line in the section below;

*OpenUI *InstalledMemory/Memory Configuration: PickOne
    *DefaultInstalledMemory: 64MB
    *InstalledMemory 32MB/32 MB RAM: ""
    *InstalledMemory 64MB/64 MB RAM: ""
    *InstalledMemory 192MB/192 MB: ""
    *?InstalledMemory : "
    currentsystemparams /InstalledRam get
    1024 idiv 1024 idiv 20 string cvs print (MB) = flush"
    *End
    *CloseUI: *InstalledMemory

This appears to be just a configuration option and it didn't change the problem at all so I assume I need to add an entry below but I don't know what values to use. If 192MB = 21886000 then why doesn't 64MB equal 1/3?

*% _____ Memory Configuration(VM Size) _____
    *FreeVM: "33554390"
    *VMOption 64MB/64 MB RAM: "33554390"
    *VMOption 192MB/192 MB: "33554420"

*% _____ Memory Configuration(FontCache Size) _____
    *FCacheSize 64MB:5215000
    *FCacheSize 192MB:21886000
    Thanks.
    Last edited by strider22; February 8th, 2010 at 03:45 AM.

Beans

works great on 9.10. thank you very much

Beans

Dear comrades,

I had never successfully hooked up any printers to Linux since 2005 until today. I can now print with my OKI B2200 under Ubuntu.

Tks Ubuntu
    Tks the gurus

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast