Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Enable your Wacom Intous/Graphire Tablet with Pressure Sensitivity

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Enable your Wacom Intous/Graphire Tablet with Pressure Sensitivity

Quote Originally Posted by Waqas
    I think you guys edited the xorg.conf file after installing the driver, right??
    Can't say for certain as I haven't tried this yet (batteries just ran out on my wireless mouse so desperately searching for the above info, thanks), but you shouldn't have to install anything on Hoary.

There is a wacom driver built into the the X.org distributed with Hoary, however it could be worthwhile someone checking what will happen when we move to R7 as the wacom driver will no longer be bundled inhttp://wiki.x.org/wiki/DeprecatedInX11R7 . Someone needs to ensure the linuxwacom version of the driver becomes part of the ubuntu distribution too, in order for support to continue.

HTH

Jon

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sharebear
    Can't say for certain as I haven't tried this yet (batteries just ran out on my wireless mouse so desperately searching for the above info, thanks), but you shouldn't have to install anything on Hoary.

There is a wacom driver built into the the X.org distributed with Hoary, however it could be worthwhile someone checking what will happen when we move to R7 as the wacom driver will no longer be bundled inhttp://wiki.x.org/wiki/DeprecatedInX11R7 . Someone needs to ensure the linuxwacom version of the driver becomes part of the ubuntu distribution too, in order for support to continue.

HTH

Jon
    no, i think that ubuntu already has the driver. isn't it included in the kernel?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by graigsmith
    no, i think that ubuntu already has the driver. isn't it included in the kernel?
    Personally I haven't got a clue on that so it could be...but for the benefit of Waqas I can confirm that nothing extra needs to be installed on top of a standard Hoary install to get the above instructions to work although as I use the Wacom mouse as my primary mouse for general computer use I added Option "Mode" "Relative" into the cursor InputDevice section to make it usable.

Jon

Beans

Fortunately, I managed to make my Wacom tablet works. Its all my fault, I should've read the first post in this thread properly. I deleted/replaced the mouse configuration at first try and it was a chaos..

So, for me, I didnt even installed the driver. What I need to do was just adjust the parameter for /etc/X11/xorg.conf. Add lines as explained, and dont forget to adjust..

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Configured Mouse"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "CorePointer"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse1"
    Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    EndSection
    ..if your mouse is PS/2 (default was mice for me). If not, GIMP will freeze after a while.

Thanks to all of you who generously wrote long HOWTOs..

Beans

Hello,
    noob here.
    I have another thread going on with another fellow about the nvidia drivers in breezy. This one is about the wacom driver/tools
    I have a graphire 2 and an intuos3. I am using the graphire on the breezy machine. But being a noob I need a blow by blow on how to configure this for my machine. ANY help would be well appreciated. Right now the pen and mouse work but I have to fumble with it because it doesn't always center properly.
    Thanks
    Coz

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Oh Yes,
    Everything I have read about installing the wacom drivers on breezy are nonsense to my ears. I have read everything here, and that wiki place and nothing helps. I have no idea hoe to get from step c to h, and that's what is all sounds like to me. You all use the same a;phabet but ina different language.
    Coz

My tablet works fine now, thought I have a serious problem with The GIMP, which occurs on every distro I try:

I have the stylus enabled and set to screen.
    I spawn a new document, and can paint.
    The problem is that I can put the brush down, but it does not detect when I pull it up, meaning it thinks the pen is still down.
    It is as if it does not detect the "up" signal of the tablet.

The GIMP is the only thing that does this- has anyone an idea what I can do?

Ta, Raeth

Beans

I just installed Breezy. I have a Wacom Volito 2 and I know it is supported by the wacom linux project (see http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/index.php/main).
    I created a device /dev/wacom0 for my wacom and when I do a xxd /dev/wacom I do get some stuff which means that my tablet is recognised.
    Now I can't get the tablet to word !
    Here are samples of my /etc/X11/xorg.conf :
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
            Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
            Driver          "mouse"
            Option          "CorePointer"
            Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mouse2"
            Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
            Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
            Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
    EndSection

#Section "InputDevice"
    #       Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
    #       Driver          "synaptics"
    #       Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
    #       Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
    #       Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
    #       Option          "HorizScrollDelta"      "0"
    #EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
            Driver        "wacom"
            Identifier    "stylus"
            Option        "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
            Option        "Device"                "/dev/wacom0"
            Option        "Type"                  "stylus"
            Option        "USB"                   "on"
    EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
            Driver        "wacom"
            Identifier    "cursor"
            Option        "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
            Option        "Device"                "/dev/wacom0"
            Option        "Type"                  "cursor"
            Option        "USB"                   "on"
    EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
            Identifier      "Default Layout"
            Screen          "Default Screen"
            InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
            InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
    #       InputDevice     "Synaptics Touchpad"
            InputDevice     "cursor"
            InputDevice     "stylus"
    EndSection
    I don't even get an answer when moving my pen on the tablet.
    Any help is welcome !
    djib -- http://www.think-underground.com (French only)

Beans

I had a similar problem with my Intuos tablet. I had to change event number of the tablet in xorg.conf. First it worked with event3, then stoped working at all. I checked again with: sudo xxd /dev/input/event<number>. After that changed the number in xorg.conf to event2 and it works now.

Beans

Thanks for your answer.
    I tried and unfortunately, even when I put event5 (which my tablet, I checked) it still doesn't work.
    xxd /dev/input/event5 displays stuff when I move the pen but when I log on X, the pointer doesn't move the mouse...
    djib -- http://www.think-underground.com (French only)

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast