Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Exaile music player 0.2 released!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Exaile music player 0.2 released!

Quote Originally Posted by veli View Post
    I'd like to point few things about the new player.
    In the information tab-autor for example, when the track moves forward, it automatically changes the author info as well.

I wish when I'm reading something in the author tab to stay ther until I decide, and not the player to change it when changing tracks. This is because while listening to music I'm browsing wiki for many other things in the player window. I can start from Queen and end up with National geographic, for example.

Also, the opening of the wiki page is a bit slow, and the memory goes up to around 70 MB . And stays there when I close the info tabs. (opss, it dropped down to 57 MB after some time) It would be better to release the memory in that case, or even it's best during any operations the memory consumption being at the same level, saying ideally around 30-40 MB.

I also noticed that the library is being scanned at a specific time intervals, I don't know exactly. IMO, scanning the library at program start up would be enough.

Regards,
    There's an area in the preferences to turn it off.

Adam

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Exaile 0.2.5b for Dapper(Amd64)

Download package from here. Of course then unpack the archive using file-roller or similiar.

then in a terminal

Code:
    sudo dpkg -i exaile_0.2.5b_amd64.deb
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

is there anyway to get exaile to play .m3u or .pls playlist files.... i have playlists on my ipod and i've saved them as files to my machine, but cant seem to get them to open in exaile... i also cant get exaile to just play the playlist straight from the ipod using the ipod plugin ... .any help would be greatly appreciated

forestpixie Guest

It seems to work allright here - open media and it'll import an mru. But maybe if you're trying to get a playlist from your ipod to work - could be it's looking in the wrong place, ie playlist refers to files on the ipod. My playlists refer to files on my pc?!

As far as getting an ipod to work with Exaile I have no idea even what they look like

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112