Thread: Ubuntu 24.04 audio problem

Beans

Ubuntu 24.04 audio problem

I'm using a Monster Huma H4 V3.2 laptop. I've installed Ubuntu 24.04 on my PC. Wifi, Bluetooth, and everything else is working fine. However, when I join an online meeting (like Zoom, Skype, etc.), my voice comes through very crackly on the other end. When I lower the volume, the crackling stops but my voice also becomes quieter. I've tried various options like Alsamixer and PulseAudio, but none of them fixed the issue.

I contacted customer support, and they said Monster laptops are only compatible with Windows and suggested I find and install a Realtek driver for Linux. I couldn't find a Realtek audio driver version 6.0.8757.1 on the internet. How can I solve this problem?

I hope someone has encountered a similar situation before. I would greatly appreciate your help.

PS: For additional drivers, the option 'nvidia driver metapackage from nvidia-driver-535 (proprietary - tested)' is selected.

Also I tried to remove Pulseaudio and install pipewire, also I purged 535 nvidia driver and install 555. But unfortunately I still have the same problem. I joined an online meeting, and still my voice goes very crackly and dirty.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu 24.04 audio problem

Laptop microphones are notoriously terrible. Even if you get it working perfectly, it will still sound awful. Recommend investing into a USB microphone if you're going to be in online meetings, they can be quite cheap and people will thank you for using it.

Beans

Thanks a lot for your recommendation. I wonder your idea, should I use usb microphone or bluetooth microphone would be fine ?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

USB is a LOT easier to set up.

Beans

I have to agree with you, but there are some great speakerless audio system that work well but connected to the laptop

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Recommendation: Plantronics Blackwire C310 USB headset https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-8...s%2C622&sr=8-5

Been using a Plantronics Blackwire C310 headset for over 10 years now with both laptops and desktops.
    Cheers,

The Linux Command Line at http://linuxcommand.org/