Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I feel there was no warning that 24.04 lts is very buggy

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: I feel there was no warning that 24.04 lts is very buggy

Quote Originally Posted by matt-rw View Post
    I am currently running 23.10. I typically upgrade soon after new releases, but I read that 24.04 is buggy and one should wait for 24.04.1 (out in August). Now, in this thread, I'm seeing that using --devel-release is an option. Is that the consensus for an upgrade now?
    This "--devel-release" will take you to 24.10 not 24.04

If it were me and I like a better tested system, I'd wait until 24.04.2, however if your not faint of heart then go for it.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by 1fallen View Post
    This "--devel-release" will take you to 24.10 not 24.04

If it were me and I like a better tested system, I'd wait until 24.04.2, however if your not faint of heart then go for it.
    Bingo, what I do. At least wait for the .1, but in my production systems it will be even longer because it is not a 10 minute thing. Gosh, I’ll have another milestone birthday and start qualifying for my senior coffees before I’m on 24.04 LTS. Ubuntu is wonderful! 22.04 LTS still has full support till April 2027.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by aljames2 View Post
    Bingo, what I do. At least wait for the .1, but in my production systems it will be even longer because it is not a 10 minute thing. Gosh, I’ll have another milestone birthday and start qualifying for my senior coffees before I’m on 24.04 LTS. Ubuntu is wonderful! 22.04 LTS still has full support till April 2027.
    Yep on my ZFS system I'm on 24.10 now.

This is just my findings and your mileage may vary, I like 24.10 a bit more, so improvements/fix's that are coming in will be a improvement for 24.04.1.

But I also know that you have gained some sound wisdom along the way.....I trust you'll do the right thing for yourself.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by matt-rw View Post
    I am currently running 23.10. I typically upgrade soon after new releases, but I read that 24.04 is buggy and one should wait for 24.04.1 (out in August). Now, in this thread, I'm seeing that using --devel-release is an option. Is that the consensus for an upgrade now?
    23.10 will reach end of life on 11 July, 17 days from now. Get upgraded to 24.04 within the next two weeks. The recommendation to wait for the .1 release is for LTS→LTS upgrades.

The --devel-release option is there to upgrade when the upgrade path hasn't been released yet, but is still in testing (and therefore not recommended). The upgrade path from 23.10→24.04 was released weeks ago.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by currentshaft View Post
    Is this a joke? Your OP is literally one big ad hominem; in your own words, 24.04 is:

"buggy"
    "a major mistake"
    (implied) not modern
    it "broke" your "internet connection"
    not easy to use
    worse than Windows
    not worth its good reputation

Good riddance, Paul. Millions of happy Ubuntu users beg to differ with your conclusion.

It sucks your system is not working as expected. It is a common solution to try a fresh install to resolve such issues. Good luck.
    As you know, its not a joke: 'Ad hominem' means against the person. Look it up if you know how to use the internet.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by pgershon View Post
    As you know, its not a joke: 'Ad hominem' means against the person. Look it up if you know how to use the internet.
    Why would I, when you have so gracefully demonstrated its meaning here for all to see?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234