Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Command line converting all .wav files as a big .mp3 file

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2024
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Command line converting all .wav files as a big .mp3 file

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly41 View Post
    I have learned to use the best of multiple tools to create your own Swiss army knife.
    So combine them.
    Congratulations. Please mark the thread as solved, go forth and combine to your heart's content!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.K.
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

    Re: Command line converting all .wav files as a big .mp3 file

    Congratulations. Please mark the thread as solved, go forth and combine to your heart's content!
    Advise the OP, not me. I plough my own furrow.


  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    3,960

    Re: Command line converting all .wav files as a big .mp3 file

    Quote Originally Posted by HermanAB View Post
    I would use Sound Exchange - a program called sox.
    Hi@HermanAB

    Thanks for your advice.

    sox is on REPO

    Code:
    sox *.wav output.wav
    sox can merge all .wav files to to big .wav file. But I still need ffmpeg to convert the big .wav file to .mp3 file

    Regards

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Command line converting all .wav files as a big .mp3 file

    I'm thinking in one command using 'ffmpeg' that it might look something like this:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i inputfile1.wav -i inputfile2.wav -i inputfile3.wav -i inputfile4.wav -i inputfile5.wav \
    -filter_complex '[0:0][1:0]concat=n=5:v=0:a=1[out]' \
    -acodec mp3 -ab 64k -map '[out]' test.mp3
    ...but I might be wrong. That might need to be tweaked.

    "Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    3,960

    Re: Command line converting all .wav files as a big .mp3 file

    Quote Originally Posted by MAFoElffen View Post
    I'm thinking in one command using 'ffmpeg' that it might look something like this:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i inputfile1.wav -i inputfile2.wav -i inputfile3.wav -i inputfile4.wav -i inputfile5.wav \
    -filter_complex '[0:0][1:0]concat=n=5:v=0:a=1[out]' \
    -acodec mp3 -ab 64k -map '[out]' test.mp3
    ...but I might be wrong. That might need to be tweaked.
    Hi@MAFoElffen,

    Thanks for your advice.

    Name of .wav files
    Code:
    track01.wav track02.wav track03.wav track04.wav ....
    They are copied from audio CD to a folder created for this purpose

    Now I'm thinking another way. Is there a command able to rip direct an audio CD to mp3 file?

    Regards

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Command line converting all .wav files as a big .mp3 file

    Quote Originally Posted by satimis View Post
    Now I'm thinking another way. Is there a command able to rip direct an audio CD to mp3 file?
    Look at this package
    Code:
    mafoelffen@Mikes-B460M:~$ apt-cache show abcde | head -n 14
    Package: abcde
    Architecture: all
    Version: 2.9.3-1
    Priority: optional
    Section: universe/sound
    Origin: Ubuntu
    Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com>
    Original-Maintainer: Steve McIntyre <93sam@debian.org>
    Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug
    Installed-Size: 333
    Depends: cd-discid, wget, cdparanoia | icedax, vorbis-tools (>= 1.0beta4-1) | lame | flac | speex | musepack-tools | opus-tools, libmusicbrainz-discid-perl, libwebservice-musicbrainz-perl (>= 1.0.4-1.1), sensible-utils
    Recommends: vorbis-tools, libdigest-sha-perl, bsd-mailx, glyrc, imagemagick
    Suggests: eject, distmp3, id3 (>= 0.12), id3v2, eyed3 (<< 0.7~), normalize-audio, vorbisgain, mkcue, mp3gain, atomicparsley
    Filename: pool/universe/a/abcde/abcde_2.9.3-1_all.deb
    Using this command:
    Code:
    abcde -d /dev/sr0 -o flac,mp3

    "Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    3,960

    Re: Command line converting all .wav files as a big .mp3 file

    Quote Originally Posted by MAFoElffen View Post
    Look at this package
    Code:
    mafoelffen@Mikes-B460M:~$ apt-cache show abcde | head -n 14
    Package: abcde
    Architecture: all
    Version: 2.9.3-1
    Priority: optional
    Section: universe/sound
    Origin: Ubuntu
    Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com>
    Original-Maintainer: Steve McIntyre <93sam@debian.org>
    Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug
    Installed-Size: 333
    Depends: cd-discid, wget, cdparanoia | icedax, vorbis-tools (>= 1.0beta4-1) | lame | flac | speex | musepack-tools | opus-tools, libmusicbrainz-discid-perl, libwebservice-musicbrainz-perl (>= 1.0.4-1.1), sensible-utils
    Recommends: vorbis-tools, libdigest-sha-perl, bsd-mailx, glyrc, imagemagick
    Suggests: eject, distmp3, id3 (>= 0.12), id3v2, eyed3 (<< 0.7~), normalize-audio, vorbisgain, mkcue, mp3gain, atomicparsley
    Filename: pool/universe/a/abcde/abcde_2.9.3-1_all.deb
    Using this command:
    Code:
    abcde -d /dev/sr0 -o flac,mp3
    Hi@MAFoElffen

    Thanks for your advice

    On Terminal ran;
    $ abcde -d /dev/sr0 -o flac,mp3
    Code:
    [ERROR] abcde: eyeD3 is not in your path.
    [INFO] Define the full path to the executable if it exists on your system.
    [INFO] Hint: sudo apt-get install
    Shall I install python-eyeD3 ? If YES, please advise HOW

    Thanks

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Command line converting all .wav files as a big .mp3 file

    Using the hints and breadcrumbs I gave in my last post, let me narrow that down further for you
    Quote Originally Posted by MAFoElffen View Post
    Code:
    mafoelffen@Mikes-B460M:~$ apt-cache show abcde | grep 'Package:'
    Package: abcde
    Using this command to install it:
    Code:
    sudo apt install -y abcde
    Last edited by MAFoElffen; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:00 AM.

    "Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    3,960

    Re: Command line converting all .wav files as a big .mp3 file

    Quote Originally Posted by MAFoElffen View Post
    Using the hinta and breadcrumbs I gave in my last post, let me narrow that down further for you

    Using this command to install it:
    Code:
    sudo apt install -y abcde
    abcde has been installed and running previously. But I don't know WHEN

    $ apt-cache show abcde | grep 'Package:'
    Code:
    Package: abcde
    Regards

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Command line converting all .wav files as a big .mp3 file

    To show if it is installed would be
    Code:
    apt list abcde --installed

    "Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •