Thread: Wide monitor to display both Ubuntu and Windows. Preferably with inbuilt KVM

Beans

Wide monitor to display both Ubuntu and Windows. Preferably with inbuilt KVM

Need help with choosing a monitor with inbuilt KVM and ability to split the screen between Ubuntu and PC. I was looking at Dell 34inch but their display manager software doesn't offer Ubuntu support. Has anyone achieved this ? Would love some guidance

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Wide monitor to display both Ubuntu and Windows. Preferably with inbuilt KVM

Adapt how you think that should work, and it will...

First from what you said. You want to have Ubuntu and Windows on the same display. Easy.

Run Ubuntu with KVM Hosting and Windows as a VM guest.

Dell Display Manager Software? Please explain that... You mean the app that runs on Windows. Yes, that 'was' written as a Windows app. So?

Dell does support Ubuntu on their products. They had models that they sell pre-installed with Ubuntu... And have their own Ubuntu Repo for drivers for their own products.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans

Re: Wide monitor to display both Ubuntu and Windows. Preferably with inbuilt KVM

Quote Originally Posted by MAFoElffen View Post
    Adapt how you think that should work, and it will...

First from what you said. You want to have Ubuntu and Windows on the same display. Easy.

Run Ubuntu with KVM Hosting and Windows as a VM guest.

Dell Display Manager Software? Please explain that... You mean the app that runs on Windows. Yes, that 'was' written as a Windows app. So?

Dell does support Ubuntu on their products. They had models that they sell pre-installed with Ubuntu... And have their own Ubuntu Repo for drivers for their own products.
    Thanx for the response. I should have been more clearer. I have a windows laptop and a ubuntu mini pc. I use both for work. I would like to split the wide monitor screen into two , one displays Ubuntu and other displays windows. I would also prefer to have one keyboard and mouse.

Dell has an ultrawide with auto kvm but apparently it uses a dell proprietary software to split the screen between two inputs and it doesnt come with ubuntu support.

I can go with any monitor....as long as i can get to what i just mentioned.