Thread: Reshow 218 Cassette Player

Beans

Reshow 218 Cassette Player

I have a Reshow 218 Cassette Player that I would like to play music cassette tapes through. The device shows up as USB PnP Audio Device.

Audacity recognises the device and I have recorded tracks from it but would like to play tracks directly. I wondered if I could do this through VLC but I cannot see it showing this device anywhere.

Can anyone suggest a method of doing this please?
    Peter
    Dell Inspiron 3881

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Reshow 218 Cassette Player

OK...since no one else is jumping in, let me offer a couple things. First of all, you must have a bidirectional sound card in that machine. By that I mean, a lot of sound cards are not capable of recording and playing sound at the same time....they can do one or the other at a time. If you cannot find the option in Audacity to allow it to play through while recording the sound, then you probably don't have a bidirectional card. Have you looked into pavucontrol yet? That may allow you to play through.

Beans

Re: Reshow 218 Cassette Player

Thanks for your response. Audacity does have Software Playthrough. Although turning it on does cause recording to stop randomly!

After your suggestion I have loaded pavucontrol and can see the cassette player with active volume levels coming through. The problem is I can't workout how to get this as playback either through my desktop speakers or headphones.
    Peter
    Dell Inspiron 3881