Thread: Ubuntu MATE bugs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Ubuntu MATE bugs

I don't know if this is the correct place to put this or not, but I just upgraded to Ubuntu MATE 24.04 LTS and I've noticed several bugs.

First off, I am getting a screen flicker. Periodically my screen just goes black for 1 to 2 seconds. I am, of course, with the new install putting all of my relevant software on the machine and I notice it happens a lot when I go to install a new program. I give the terminal my install command and suddenly my screen goes dark. Again, it only lasts a second or two and then the computer goes into the appropriate install process, but it is annoying.

Second: I am going to have to apologize because I'm not sure of the correct terminology, but in MATE I prefer the "Traditional" setup. In this setup there is a bar at the bottom of the screen that is similar to Windows, in that it shows a tab for each program currently open. For some reason this bar keeps going blank and I don't know why. The bar is still there, it's just that instead of showing the open program tabs it's just solid black.

Third, I installed Firefox via the terminal, and it did not generate a launch icon. If I go to my Applications-->Internet tab at the top of the screen it shows Chrome, Discord and Transmission, but not Firefox. Yet if I type in "Firefox" in my terminal it works fine. Is there a way to fix this?
    Last edited by heroquestelf; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:13 PM.