Thread: Bluetooth not recognized - Intel 7620 PCI Wi-Fi/Bluetooth on Toshiba Laptop

Beans

Bluetooth not recognized - Intel 7620 PCI Wi-Fi/Bluetooth on Toshiba Laptop

Hi: I'm relatively new to Ubuntu. I recently resurrected an old Toshiba Portege R830 by installing Ubuntu (Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS). Laptop works great, including dual band Wi-Fi, but Bluetooth capability of the Intel 7260HMW AN PCI card (combined Wi-Fi/Bluetooth) is not detected, i.e. Bluetooth doesn't show up in the hardware profile, even though the 7620 does. There are no external switches to turn Wi-Fi or Bluetooth on or off. I know BT works as I tested it in Windows before converting to Ubuntu. I've done a lot of searching and Bluetooth seem to be a bit of a problem, especially with the 7620. I couldn't find any solutions that works for me. I'm using a USB Bluetooth dongle for now but would prefer to jetison the dongle. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions including other PCI cards that would work. Thanks for any advice.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Bluetooth not recognized - Intel 7620 PCI Wi-Fi/Bluetooth on Toshiba Laptop

What shows in results from terminal for
    Code:
    lsusb
    I remember issues trying to find wifi/BT combos that would work in my old Toshibas, likely made 14 years ago

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy31 View Post
    Code:
    lsusb
    I'll post when the laptop is back up. I downgraded to Ubuntu 12.x (because I happened to have that bootable disk laying around so I installed it) and the Bluetooth works so, presumably, not a hardware issue. Currently upgrading back to 22.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy31 View Post
    Code:
    lsusb
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0bda:58f5 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 2SF001
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 046d:c52f Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

You could try resetting the BIOS to defaults and see if the results for lsusb change

Beans

I notice the Intel Wi-Fi card doesn't appear in the bios at all - which seems a bit weird (maybe less weird and more about my lack of understanding how BIOS works) since the WiFi card works (except for Bluetooth

Beans

Sadly, resetting the BIOS settings to default doesn't change behavior.