Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Solution for keeping thousands of old photos

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Solution for keeping thousands of old photos

Suggestion. Take a leap of faith and install hidden gem CherryTree onto your desktop.
    Play around with it. Read Online Manual. Tweak Preferences.
    Then time permitting I can later write a thread on how to apply it to support your example workflow of managing multiple vectors (geography, languages, accessibility, interests, ...).

I am developing a similar workflow myself to use CherryTree (inter alia) as part of a toolchain to create a customised library of presentations.

As a starter for one, consider how you can map your global population of targetted recipients into the hierarchical node structure. Consider how you can add images and text and code into each node. Consider that you can export the hierarchical structure to conventional HTML structure for future massaging.
    And so on. CherryTree can be your private working desktop repository of assets but in a vector database style.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Solution for keeping thousands of old photos

A Guy in my LUG uses CherryTree for his personal wiki.
    I use vimwiki for my personal wiki.

There are lots of options for this sort of need. I looked at about 10 before finally deciding. For me, the choice was more about using text for other processing needs. I'm odd. Everyone has slightly different priorities. CherryTree might be exactly what you want!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234