Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Xubuntu Noble - New bootstrap installer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Xubuntu Noble - New bootstrap installer.

The problem with FireFox.deb comes from: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/2046844
    so I'm afraid the solution is far away

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

That sounds a big problem with firefox which must be overcome quickly as it is the only preinstalled browser in the Ubuntu family. I always remove snaps as my computer is too old to run them quickly enough. I have just started the installed firefox snap which did work but it took over a minute to show anything on screen, far too long to keep them on my machines.

Another problem I have just found is the inability to open Software & Updates from the menu.
    This is probably a result of the change of the sources from /etc/apt/sources.list to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntu.sources but it needs sorting out so that changes can be made more easily than searching for those sources.

This also means that trying to open the Settings -> Repositories in synaptic fails - not good!
    Last edited by ajgreeny; March 8th, 2024 at 09:49 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

For Software & Updates the bug is: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...s/+bug/2053228

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Have added myself to that bug.

EDIT:
    I have also just realised that the snap firefox still does work in Noble; it is the .deb version or the archive .tar.bz that throws the error about the tab crashing so have temporarily (I hope) installed the slow snap firefox.
    Maybe I will eventually get used to the slow opening and just live with it as I can not manage without firefox as my main browser, or not yet anyway.
    Last edited by ajgreeny; March 9th, 2024 at 02:12 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456