Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GRUB2 issues

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: GRUB2 issues

Sorry, missed that sdb was small and live installer, saw Microsoft partitions & ESP which installer in either mode has.

Ignore most of Oldfred's post on UEFI. But would still like to know CPU or what brand/model system it is.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans

Thank you for the info, im going to try a complete from scratch install then try a diff flavour if the clean install doesnt work, i had first tried to install the LTS listed first on the desktop page then after issues booting i tried a erase and install of the newest version listed 2nd. So maybe a conflict arose during that process, there has never been windows on this drive, its brand new and pretty sure no UEFI just bios.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Which after waiting about half hour it loads into ubuntu from the live usb. (its a 2TB usb drive if it matters).
    I noticed this. Is this a typo? Do you really mean a 2TB USB stick? If so, how much did you pay? Or did you actually mean some sort of USB attached SSD, or some different capacity?

Products claiming to be 2TB USB sticks are typically fake. There are loads of them on Amazon, for example. They may appear to work for a while but they will actually have a much smaller capacity and will corrupt previous data when writing later data. Some "genuine" 2TB sticks have been claimed to be available in the last six months or so but I can't find any actual reviews so far, so I'm sceptical, and the major brands like SanDisk don't seem to do anything with this capacity.

If it's one of these fake USB sticks you're not going to get very far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12