Thread: tuned-adm - view properties?

Beans

Question tuned-adm - view properties?

Hi,

I have been looking into the tuned-adm cmdlet, to align our PostgreSQL servers running on Ubuntu 22.04.
    Code:
    tuned-adm list
    shows an PostgreSQL profile, and i can enable it with
    Code:
    tuned-adm profile postgresql
    But i want to see what values that are included in the postgresql tuned-adm profile, but have not found a way to do so.
    Could you help clarify that?

Beans

Re: tuned-adm - view properties?

tuned profiles are just directories in /usr/lib/tuned/. So the configuration for the postgresql profile should be in /usr/lib/tuned/postgresql/tuned.conf if it's a profile installed by the distribution or in /etc/tuned/postgresql/tuned.conf if it's a custom profile. The format of tuned.conf is documented in a manual page in section 5 ('man 5 tuned.conf' on the command line).

Disclaimer: I'm not a user of tuned, I just have access to a search engine and had a few minutes to spare.

Beans

Re: tuned-adm - view properties?

Quote Originally Posted by Holger_Gehrke View Post
    tuned profiles are just directories in /usr/lib/tuned/. So the configuration for the postgresql profile should be in /usr/lib/tuned/postgresql/tuned.conf if it's a profile installed by the distribution or in /etc/tuned/postgresql/tuned.conf if it's a custom profile. The format of tuned.conf is documented in a manual page in section 5 ('man 5 tuned.conf' on the command line).

Disclaimer: I'm not a user of tuned, I just have access to a search engine and had a few minutes to spare.

That is perfect! i couldnt find that myself - so greatly appreciate your comment.