Thread: Blanking on login screen How to stop?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Blanking on login screen How to stop?

I have googled and searched and been unable to find any fix for this.

I want the login screen to stay on permanently and not blank at all.

All display managers have this annoying trait, I've tried them all.
    Asus Z270i7 16gb rm 8tb GT1660 Haupp Quad tunr Kubuntu Jammy/Win 11 Be/FE mythtv 0.34Homerun dual netwk tunr 55¨ Smsng QN95B55" Lap Smsng NP R580 i5 nvidia linux Ultimate/Win 10

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Blanking on login screen How to stop?

The login screen is in the console before the desktop... Add "consoleblank=0" to the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAUTL line in /etc/default/grub file and pick up the chang using update-grub.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Blanking on login screen How to stop?

Quote Originally Posted by MAFoElffen View Post
    The login screen is in the console before the desktop... Add "consoleblank=0" to the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAUTL line in /etc/default/grub file and pick up the chang using update-grub.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately that doesn't work, tried on Jammy kubuntu and Victoria XFCE mint. That was one of the very first things I tried.

Cheers Tony.
    Asus Z270i7 16gb rm 8tb GT1660 Haupp Quad tunr Kubuntu Jammy/Win 11 Be/FE mythtv 0.34Homerun dual netwk tunr 55¨ Smsng QN95B55" Lap Smsng NP R580 i5 nvidia linux Ultimate/Win 10