Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ubuntu PRO

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu PRO

You only have a few days on a fresh install, right? That is not much to start over fresh...

And you want to do a full clone image backup on a system that is going to carry over whatever low-level problems it had to the wiped / new / clean disk...

See what that "sounds like" when it is read back to you? That would not pass the common sense litmus test right?

Maybe if you were talking rsync or rdiff-backup based backups... I just posted a tar backup script on the Forum a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by MAFoElffen; January 30th, 2024 at 04:11 PM.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

LOL I agree with MAFoElffen's post above 100%
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MAFoElffen View Post
    You only have a few days on a fresh install, right? That is not much to start over fresh...

And you want to do a full clone image backup on a system that is going to carry over whatever low-level problems it had to the wiped / new / clean disk...

See what that "sounds like" when it is read back to you? That would not pass the common sense litmus test right?

Maybe if you were talking rsync or rdiff-backup based backups... I just posted a tar backup script on the Forum a few weeks ago.
    I've done everything according to point 21
    Then reinstalled the system

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

You should have no problem with that going forward now. Congratulations and enjoy.

You can now decide to visit the "Thread Tools" link at the top right of the first page of the link to then mark your thread as "Solved". That will hep others find what your solution was with their similar problems.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I know that I'm a little late to this, but there have been some corruption problems found with ZFS and encryption. That's not to say that this was your problem, but you should be aware.
    Always make regular backups of your data (and test them).
    Visit Full Circle Magazine for beginners and seasoned Linux enthusiasts.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

@Paddy Landau ---
    The has been addressed and is taken care of (fixes released). Check this thread in our DEV section and all the LaunchPad Bugs...
    RE:
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2492927
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...x/+bug/2044969
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ja...x/+bug/2044657

There is also another recent bug related to Grub2 & snapshots on bpool...
    RE:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...d/+bug/2051999

That one is current, a fix found with patches for Dev Noble, but requires backports before it will be resolved for Focal and Jammy. I currently have 4 work-arounds to help with that one... 1fallen and I 'keep busy' behind the curtains trying to work out issues related to ZFS for Ubuntu. But neither of those bugs are related to what was happening with this OP.
    Last edited by MAFoElffen; February 13th, 2024 at 03:45 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thank you for the information, MAFoElffen. That was quick work.
    Always make regular backups of your data (and test them).
    Visit Full Circle Magazine for beginners and seasoned Linux enthusiasts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234