Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error message "dpkg: error processing package linux-image-5.4.0-137-generic"

Beans

Re: Error message "dpkg: error processing package linux-image-5.4.0-137-generic"

Can the following link be a potential solution?

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=361469

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Error message "dpkg: error processing package linux-image-5.4.0-137-generic"

You never showed my the outpu from this, that I asked for in Post #7:
    Code:
    apt list grub-common grub-gfxpayload-lists  grub-pc grub-pc-bin grub2-common
    What part of that are you refering to? That is a long thread. Please give me a Post # to start reading from...

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans

Oh sorry, I'm new to this forum.

I did not know there was an additional page...

After using
    Code:
    apt list grub-common grub-gfxpayload-lists  grub-pc grub-pc-bin grub2-common
    I get,
    Code:
    grub-common/focal-updates,now 2.04-1ubuntu26.17 amd64 [installed,automatic]
    grub-gfxpayload-lists/focal,now 0.7 amd64 [installed,automatic]
    grub-pc-bin/focal-updates,now 2.04-1ubuntu26.17 amd64 [installed,automatic]
    grub-pc/focal-updates,now 2.04-1ubuntu26.17 amd64 [installed]
    grub2-common/focal-updates,now 2.04-1ubuntu26.17 amd64 [installed,automatic]
    Last edited by hjlee2; February 8th, 2024 at 04:59 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

From your earlier post where you said you got the last error:
    Code:
    E: Internal Error, No file name for grub-pc:amd64
    But from the output:
    Code:
    grub-pc/focal-updates,now 2.04-1ubuntu26.17 amd64 [installed]
    Time to file a bug report.

There is something going on there under the covers that does not make sense.

It has those files. Yet it is throwing errors on things that are confirmed as there. You have done nothing to cause this. You have done your due diligence to correct it, yet things are still going on.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans

Alright I see.

Thanks a lot for your comments!

It was of a great help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by hjlee2 View Post
    Alright I see.

Thanks a lot for your comments!

It was of a great help.
    Did you file a bug report at LaunchPad? If so, please post the link to it in this thread so we can follow the progress. I really am curious to what is going on causing this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12