Thread: Need editing tool for existing webpages

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.10 Kinetic Kudu

Need editing tool for existing webpages

Some years ago, I built some simple websites for my consulting business using Web Easy Professional 10. I have moved my business since I built the websites, and need to change addresses and telephone numbers. Yes, I could reactivate my license for that software and change things, but I am much more into Ubuntu than Win 10/11 (yes, I have such PCs, but for specific purposes). I do not know what I am doing, and just want something easy to download the pages that need changing and upload the pages I have changed.

Thank you,

John

Beans

Re: Need editing tool for existing webpages

If you are only editing text in a webpage, a text editor can open an HTML file for editing and saving. I use geany. I would recommend that.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

For Linux, I mostly use Gnome Text Editor or the source editor in Eclipse. But I've been doing HTML & CSS for over 22 years now. I started out with NoteTab Pro, but that was under Windows. Funny thing is that I bought it when they started out, when it was a "lifetime license"... I used FireFox with the Menu Bar turned on and toggle the Developer Mode... So I could refresh and see the previews.

My students who I taught Web Design to, mostly used NotePad++ and BlueFish... BlueFish is cross-platform.

Another that is Cross-platform now is Visual Studio. Honestly, I used the Windows version a lot for C# and .NET programming for Windows, but have not used it running in Linux.

The thing is, all you really need is a text editor. The source for a webpage is just "text". But when you van use a full blown HTML Editor, that can add intellitext completion, tag management, and branch collapsing. That helps make things easier to keep track of... And helps prevent syntax errors.
    Last edited by MAFoElffen; January 16th, 2024 at 02:37 PM.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

pico
    Any follow-up information on your issue would be appreciated. Please have the courtesy to report back.