Thread: VPN connected to Windows 11 host does it automatically cover Ubuntu as the guest

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

VPN connected to Windows 11 host does it automatically cover Ubuntu as the guest

Hi, I do not think I need to do anything to make my IP address hidden in Ubuntu guest since I installed a VPN in my host windows 11 but I want to make sure and see if there is anything I can do to make my connection more secure in Ubuntu.

Thanks for all help.

Beans

Re: VPN connected to Windows 11 host does it automatically cover Ubuntu as the guest

If the VM is using NAT, your VM's address is never visible. It will be masqueraded as the public-facing address of the Windows host machine. All traffic will then follow whatever routing rules the Win11 machine has.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: VPN connected to Windows 11 host does it automatically cover Ubuntu as the guest

Thank you I appreciate your help very much, that is what I thought but all the research I found before posting was about much older versions of Ubuntu.

Beans

It really doesn't have much to do with Ubuntu. It's a function of how the virtual machine is defined. The VMs running on my Windows platforms behave the same as the ones running on Ubuntu hosts.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users