Thread: support device ubuntu

Beans

support device ubuntu

hi all, i want to ask about support device ubuntu desktop for my chuwi minibook x 3rd gen, can i install basic image of ubuntu ?
    without any bug or serrious bug, tank's.

Beans

Re: support device ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mastaaxe View Post
    hi all, i want to ask about support device ubuntu desktop for my chuwi minibook x 3rd gen, can i install basic image of ubuntu ?
    without any bug or serrious bug, tank's.
    dunno since you're asking if some device which most of us don't have will work perfectly with some version of ubuntu. Ubuntu is free so why don't you just
    install it and find out?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Don't know if is the same model as yours, but is related. You might want to read this article https://davejansen.com/chuwi-minibook-x/
    Looks like a neat little machine. Everyone should have one!
    Cheers,

The Linux Command Line at http://linuxcommand.org/

Beans

I have a Chuwi tablet. Nice little device and much faster than the Samsung I had before.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

You know you can Try Ubuntu before you Install.

https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/try-ubu...re-you-install

This applies to Ubuntu flavor desktops too, in fact most live media allows you to select Try before doing an actual Install (this doesn't apply to all Server installs).

The trial is there so you can test how it will operate and see what will work, what you may need to work on before you can expect it to fully-operate. The trial may respond slower than an installed system, but so what; its there only so you have knowledge of what should operate out of the box.

For LTS releases, as there are kernel stack choices; you may need to download & try multiple ISOs to see all options (you have available post-install), but as that only involves more downloads & writing of ISO to media you can boot, and not any installs, you've not changed anything on your device with these trials. If the first operates anyway, you don't need to go further with exploration of alternatives (newer hardware usually does better with newer software stacks anyway etc)

Beans

i think i want to install ubuntu server with gui using gnome , in purpose i want clean os without bloatware.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyrus View Post
    dunno since you're asking if some device which most of us don't have will work perfectly with some version of ubuntu. Ubuntu is free so why don't you just
    install it and find out?
    ok ill try it first, thanks bro.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    I have a Chuwi tablet. Nice little device and much faster than the Samsung I had before.
    yaeh i think thats so small but still have powerfull power

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

i think i want to install ubuntu server with gui using gnome , in purpose i want clean os without bloatware.
    Ensure you system meets the minimum requirements for Ubuntu Desktop, if you're install GNOME.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/In...emRequirements

If you scan that text, you'll note "the desktop uses GNOME Shell. In order to run these environments the system needs a more capable graphics adapter", ie. the requirements of GNOME are what increased the minimum specs for Ubuntu Desktop (which includes graphics hardware & RAM available to GPU). You may find the hardware in question doesn't meet the minimums for GNOME (I didn't see required specs in provided link)