Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Ubuntu 24.04 - nautilus no longer show image thumbnails

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Rezzoaglio (GE) Italy
    Beans
    692
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Ubuntu 24.04 - nautilus no longer show image thumbnails


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tāmaki Makau-rau, NZ
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 24.04 Noble Numbat

    Re: Ubuntu 24.04 - nautilus no longer show image thumbnails

    Added myself as affected.
    BACKUPS are unsexy — until you discover you should have done one yesterday.
    Spare your nerves and do one before you upgrade or install.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    1,956
    Distro
    Ubuntu 24.04 Noble Numbat

    Re: Ubuntu 24.04 - nautilus no longer show image thumbnails

    Hello,

    I issued the command:
    sudo apt install apparmor -t noble-proposed

    and problem solved.

    Regards!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    I think I'm here! Maybe?
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 24.04 Noble Numbat

    Re: Ubuntu 24.04 - nautilus no longer show image thumbnails

    Quote Originally Posted by Claus7 View Post
    Hello,

    I issued the command:
    sudo apt install apparmor -t noble-proposed

    and problem solved.

    Regards!
    Interesting!

    I wonder if that might solve some of the other 24.04 problems that users are finding and are very annoying, eg the inability to run firefox as a .deb install or using the .tar.bz archive direct from Mozilla which I think is something related to apparmor.

    I have many KVM virtual installs where I can try this to see what happens; probably nothing but worth trying as I don't keep these VMs running very long but einstall with new ISO files regularly.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    I think I'm here! Maybe?
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 24.04 Noble Numbat

    Re: Ubuntu 24.04 - nautilus no longer show image thumbnails

    I have just tried the proposed repos version of apparmor to see if it allowed firefox to run as the .deb or .tar.bz install versions but regrettably it didn't work as I'd hoped.

    I saw some indication that using firefox-nightly, currently version 125, is working again so i might try that when i have some spare time.
    There is already a workaround for the .tar.bz version which i also have to try shown in the bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...44/comments/57

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    1,956
    Distro
    Ubuntu 24.04 Noble Numbat

    Re: Ubuntu 24.04 - nautilus no longer show image thumbnails

    Hello,

    Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    Interesting!

    I wonder if that might solve some of the other 24.04 problems that users are finding and are very annoying, eg the inability to run firefox as a .deb install or using the .tar.bz archive direct from Mozilla which I think is something related to apparmor.

    I have many KVM virtual installs where I can try this to see what happens; probably nothing but worth trying as I don't keep these VMs running very long but einstall with new ISO files regularly.
    no, it didn't do the work. I tried it using the tar option of 123.0.1 (64-bit) firefox version.

    Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    I have just tried the proposed repos version of apparmor to see if it allowed firefox to run as the .deb or .tar.bz install versions but regrettably it didn't work as I'd hoped.

    I saw some indication that using firefox-nightly, currently version 125, is working again so i might try that when i have some spare time.
    There is already a workaround for the .tar.bz version which i also have to try shown in the bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...44/comments/57
    I tried the command of the link you provided for the same version of firefox mentioned above and it worked!

    Regards!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    I think I'm here! Maybe?
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 24.04 Noble Numbat

    Re: Ubuntu 24.04 - nautilus no longer show image thumbnails

    Great!
    Thanks for that; it will be my next test of what, for me, has been more problematic than many dev versions.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    1,956
    Distro
    Ubuntu 24.04 Noble Numbat

    Re: Ubuntu 24.04 - nautilus no longer show image thumbnails

    Hello,

    Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    Great!
    Thanks for that; it will be my next test of what, for me, has been more problematic than many dev versions.
    I'm glad that it is working. It seems that with this addition is fully functional, so I do not think that it will be hard to be implemented somehow, so as not to need to be invoked that way.

    Regards!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Rezzoaglio (GE) Italy
    Beans
    692
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Ubuntu 24.04 - nautilus no longer show image thumbnails

    Problem solved by proposed but on a fresh install without proposed problem remains also if https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...s/+bug/2047256 says 'Fix Released'

    Today Sebastian Bacher (seb128) was forced to confess that the fix was 'Committed' and not 'Released'
    Last edited by corradoventu; March 27th, 2024 at 06:24 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Rezzoaglio (GE) Italy
    Beans
    692
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Ubuntu 24.04 - nautilus no longer show image thumbnails

    Problem fixed, nautilus not changed but may be some dependent
    After apply the fix you must empty (or just delete) the directory /home/$USER/.cache/thumbnails/fail
    don't worry, it will be recreated empty immediately afterwards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •