Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early Opinion on STL 23.10 + NO GO!

Beans

Re: Early Opinion on STL 23.10 + NO GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Alan View Post
    (1) ... when I go to Store, to find the list of installed apps, from which I can uninstall, it doesn’t exist.
    Seems clearly a bug. Please report it properly. What leads you to believe this is intended behavior or a design decision?

(2)...I used CLI to purge Mines. Bad news! A whopping 150 MB and many files from LibreOffice were also purged! What the hell? A game with LibreOffice dependencies?
    I could not reproduce this in a test environment. If true, seems like a bug. Please report it properly with enough information to be reproducible.

(3)...Cheese is installed, which I want to remove, I then go back to the store, search for Cheese in order to remove it and the Store says it is not installed = false!
    Seems clearly a bug. Please report it properly. I could not reproduce this in a test; cheese showed up in the store and was uninstallable.

(4) Constant freezes and crashes of the VM
    Assuming your VM has enough resources (check that!), please report freezes and crashes properly to the bug tracker. Include the .crash file or core dump, of course.

(6)...I can find nothing in the switcher or in settings that allows me to designate how many workspaces I want....
    That one is indeed a design decision. Send your feedback to Gnome, who made it that way.

I stand corrected: Four bugs instead of five. Great that you found them!
    Last edited by ian-weisser; September 20th, 2023 at 05:48 PM.

Beans

Re: Early Opinion on STL 23.10 + NO GO!

Fixed Workspaces:
    Settings > Multitasking > Workspaces
    Change from Dynamic to Fixed and enter how many you want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12