Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deja Dup Backup Tool is eating Filesystem Root memory alive. Why?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Deja Dup Backup Tool is eating Filesystem Root memory alive. Why?

[QUOTE=Tadaen_Sylvermane;14151464] But from the sound of it you didn't have your backup mounting properly. Don't blame deja. /QUOTE]

I have used Deja Dup before without incident. Not sure what is going with the mounting. I selected the required folder on the partition I wanted it to be backed up to and cranked it up.
    It completed the backup successfully according to the utility's message but ate up about 6GB of root in the process. Dunno. I can use a different path to storing my data.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by 1fallen View Post
    ...but if you want to keep them for backup sake, and providing they are true and tested working backups, then just move them of to another storage drive.
    Now I am very confused. Those /media/Ed UUIDs listed are not backups but drive partitions unless I am losing my marbles and having another senior moment. Lol

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'd suggest setting a static mount in the /etc/fstab. /media mounts aren't the most reliable, at least in my experience.
    This is how my drive is set.

Code:
    UUID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /.localbackups ext4 defaults,noauto,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.idle-timeout=30 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12