Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After installing Anydesk, when I click the top right region, Anydesk pops up

Beans

After installing Anydesk, when I click the top right region, Anydesk pops up

I have installed Anydesk for personal use, but whenever it is running in the system tray, ready to run, and I click in the top right 1/8th region, it pops up.

I have a webm screencast of this that I would like to upload somewhere for a better explanation.

Even when I was trying to search the forums, I could not, because the search box was in exactly that area, so when I tried to click it, Anydesk popped up.

I can also not use the X button to close any of the windows that are in full screen, such as my browser.

Running Ubuntu 23.04 and Anydesk version 6.2

:shrug:

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: After installing Anydesk, when I click the top right region, Anydesk pops up

kind of a hardlainer but I know of no other way to date:
    Code:
    sudo plutil -replace RunAtLoad -bool false /Library/LaunchAgents/com.philandro.anydesk.Frontend.plist
    Basically this will set the auto start boolean value in the *.plist file from true to false which as a result would disable the autostart function. I know this still works on vers:6.2
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans

Re: After installing Anydesk, when I click the top right region, Anydesk pops up

Would this mean that Anydesk would not start up automatically?

If so, that is not what I am trying to do.

I need Anydesk. Also when I am remoted in, clicking in that region in the remote session still pops up the Anydesk window on my local computer.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

It will always be in your app menu... Or even through the terminal via:
    Code:
    /usr/bin/anydesk %u
    My suggested code on Mine:
    Code:
    sudo plutil -replace RunAtLoad -bool false /Library/LaunchAgents/com.philandro.anydesk.Frontend.plist
    Loading '/Library/LaunchAgents/com.philandro.anydesk.Frontend.plist' - nil data argument passed to method
    And it is still setting in my tray.
    Now My DE is XFCE4 and I can click the top right corner with out Anydesk hogging my screen.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans

Gotcha.

When I try to run the code you pasted, I get
    plutil: command not found

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

No big deal
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libplist-utils
    Dalai Lama>>

Beans

Now I get
    sudo: plutil: command not found

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Easiest method is to simply remove Anydesk from auto start preferences.
    I still don't have a clue why your code comes back not found?
    I'm going to guess i won't be of help if your using Gnome Shell, I haven't used it since Gnome2 and was the best desktop I ever used.(IMHO)
    Dalai Lama>>

Beans

Running
    echo $0
    shows that I'm using bash

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

bash here as well, but that's got nothing to do with the differences between yours and mine
    Code:
     echo $0 
    /bin/bash
    Here might show something:
    Code:
    apt show anydesk
    Package: anydesk
    Version: 6.2.1
    Priority: optional
    Section: net
    Maintainer: AnyDesk Software GmbH <linux-support@anydesk.com>
    Installed-Size: 16.3 MB
    Depends: libc6 (>= 2.7), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.16.0), libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.20.1), libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1), libx11-6, libxcb-shm0, libxcb1, libpango-1.0-0, libcairo2, libxrandr2 (>= 1.3), libx11-xcb1, libxtst6, libxfixes3, libxdamage1, libxkbfile1, libgtkglext1
    Recommends: libglx-mesa0, xdg-utils
    Homepage: https://anydesk.com/
    Download-Size: unknown
    APT-Manual-Installed: yes
    APT-Sources: /var/lib/dpkg/status
    Description: The fastest remote desktop software on the market.
      It allows for new usage scenarios and applications that have not been possible with current remote desktop software.
    Last edited by 1fallen; June 22nd, 2023 at 11:29 PM.
    Dalai Lama>>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast