Thread: 23.04 gone backwards in terms of funcitonlity compared to 22.04

Beans

23.04 gone backwards in terms of funcitonlity compared to 22.04

Using old style Mac Mini model A1347. now the latest version does not offer any Wireless connection capability....

So how do i get this to work please?

Thank You

JohnW

Beans

Re: 23.04 gone backwards in terms of funcitonlity compared to 22.04

Hello,Yes i am frustrated with this but to fill in on what i did prior to raising the post, i loaded the additional driver as indicated via the Additional Driver utility and then rebooted..... no sign of nay Wireless options???

JohnW

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm late to the party here, but I've just loaded 23.04 on an old 2009 Macbook, and the wifi driver won't stick.
    It works with the LTS version, or the Mint distros. I have a different model adapter, but it's Broadcom. You may have to stick with an earlier kernel.
    Registered Linux User #394763 <<-|->> Registered Ubuntu User #6417

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Ubuntu LTS releases offer kernel stack choices (GA + HWE, plus also OEM if you're lucky).

Alas the non-LTS releases do not offer this (the HWE stack choice for the LTS comes from the later non-LTS).

( if you don't understand the significance, changing kernel also changes the kernel modules being used; kernel modules are commonly called 'drivers' )

For wifi troubleshooting, whilst I no almost nothing about macs, I'd still use the standard guides as only the hardware chipsets really matter - https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...eShootingGuide (3.1 or device recognition and operation is most useful; it gives you useful details to search online using your favorite search engine (duckduckgo, startpage etc))