Thread: Cairo-Dock won't appear

Beans

Cairo-Dock won't appear

Hi. I have tried the terminal command to purge cairo dock, restarting, then going to terminal and entering the install command. I have also tried to go to other panels with the Mate Tweak utility and typing from the menu cairo-dock, but the dock still does not appear. I have also tried going to Synaptic.

Beans

Re: Cairo-Dock won't appear

Here is more info:

anthony@anthony-OptiPlex-9010:~$ cairo-dock -f
    warning : (/build/cairo-dock-XfXg2O/cairo-dock-3.4.1/src/implementations/cairo-dock-egl.c:gldi_register_egl_backend:232)
    Cairo-Dock was not built with EGL support

================================================== ==========================
    Cairo-Dock version : 3.4.1
    Compiled date : May 24 2018 23:52:39
    Built with GTK : 3.22
    Running with OpenGL: 1
    ================================================== ==========================

gldi_managers_get_config: assertion 'pKeyFile != NULL' failed
    warning : (/build/cairo-dock-XfXg2O/cairo-dock-3.4.1/src/gldit/cairo-dock-image-buffer.c:cairo_dock_load_image_buffer_from_surface :162)
    An image has an invalid size, will not be loaded.
    g_file_test: assertion 'filename != NULL' failed
    g_file_test: assertion 'filename != NULL' failed

(cairo-dock:6634): Gtk-WARNING **: 01:59:16.920: Theme parsing error: <data>:7:1467: The :insensitive pseudo-class is deprecated. Use :disabled instead.

(cairo-dock:6634): Gtk-WARNING **: 01:59:16.921: Theme parsing error: <data>:7:3649: The :inconsistent pseudo-class is deprecated. Use :indeterminate instead.
    warning : (/build/cairo-dock-XfXg2O/cairo-dock-3.4.1/src/gldit/cairo-dock-image-buffer.c:cairo_dock_load_image_buffer_from_surface :162)
    ^Z
    [1]+ Stopped cairo-dock -f

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Am I confused? Or do you have this thread marked as "Solved"? I don't see your solution...

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans

Hi. I solved the Cairo dock myself after reading about the options to launch the program with. In the terminal, I entered "cairo-dock -f" to start safe mode, and then the dock appeared. After the dock was visible, I went to "Themes" and chose another theme that I had saved. After these steps, I no longer had a problem with Cairo dock not appearing--whatever theme I happened to click on earlier (that was mine) had an error. Yeah, there are a lot of options to start the program with. https://www.huge-man-linux.net/man1/cairo-dock.html Sorry for the confusion.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Now I am not confused. That was actually a very helpful solution for other's to find to help them with their similar problems. Thank you for sharing that.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags