Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Display issues with 22.04/nvidia 4.70

Beans

Re: Display issues with 22.04/nvidia 4.70

22.04 on Wayland?

Beans

I am fairly certain as I don't recall changing and Wayland is default in 22.04. 22.04 is where my display goes out and I have to force a restart pressing & holding power button. 20.04 is is where I am stuck in a login loop.
    I will verify when I get home from work tonight.

Beans

The title says '[xubuntu]'. XUbuntu uses XFCE. XFCE doesn't yet support Wayland -> m-knichel can't be using Wayland unless the title is wrong ...

Holger

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Holger_Gehrke View Post
    The title says '[xubuntu]'. XUbuntu uses XFCE. XFCE doesn't yet support Wayland -> m-knichel can't be using Wayland unless the title is wrong ...

Holger
    +1 My thought's exactly!
    @ m-knichel I guess you decided to dive down the rabbit hole after all.
    With a new install you would now be productive. (Nothing wrong with learning though)
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans

I am indeed using XFCE, so I gess it is time to boot to USB..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

If I may add my 2 cents worth, if your going to duel boot on the same drive, disable or un-install os-prober, and have each install use the installed grub for that install only.
    Or use a VM to use a second OS with it.
    BTW If you stay with 20.4 you'll use a bit more stable DE XFCE 4.16 with 22.04 It will get bumped to XFCE 4.18 just freshly release.
    Code:
    xfce4-session:
      Installed: 4.18.0-1
      Candidate: 4.18.0-1
      Version table:
     *** 4.18.0-1 500
            500 https://deb.kaisenlinux.org kaisen-rolling/main amd64 Packages
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
         4.16.0-1 500
            500 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye/main amd64 Packages
    Last edited by 1fallen; January 25th, 2023 at 11:12 PM.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans

UPDATE:
    I have re-installed 22.04 formatting the existing / partition. Still have 20.04 on other part. It has been running for a few days just fine. Not much use each day, but still...
    Today I was on it for 3 hours. I still experience a random display crash where my screens go black and ALL I can do is force a restart (power button).
    Tonight it happend while I was in an Online meeting teaching a class. Funny thing was when my screen went black, I could still talk with the participance for a minute then lost everything (audio & video). I rebooted and rejoined for the second half of class and was fine.
    Would sill like to figure this out. Wonder If I should reinstall 20.04 instead...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

If I was having this problem on 22.04 and not on 20.04, I know what my choice would be.
    Stable Rules, random crash's suck.
    Dalai Lama>>

Beans

I reinstalled 20.04 and after a day or 2, same problem showed up. I guess it was coincidence... Time for new laptop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12